Johnson out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie. :goodpost:
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I am not fully convinced, although I’m happy he’s gone back to the stuff that works. Which was working before Saikou Janneh came in. That was the diamond formation.
I have my question marks over Ruari Keating. He only seem to be able to perform against the part time clubs/ the shit sides in our division. Although gotta give him props he works his socks off he loves Torquay. I just think Gary Johnson should give him a run or 5-10 games “UPFRONT” to see what’s he’s about. He’s never had that real opportunity in all those years he’s been here.

Take it game by game? Do I see us beating Yeovil? No I don’t, all I want is fight and passion and determination vs them. We didn’t show that against Yeovil. Although it appeared vs Woking.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 14:13 There is nothing that i would like better than for Gary Johnson to stick 2 fingers up at me every match. This season i have missed only 1 match at home, the Chesterfield game and have been to Bromley, Dover, Barnet, Woking, Chesterfield, Ebbsfleet, Notts County, Chorley and Harrogate. Do you think i watch this many games and travel thousands of miles just to see Torquay loose and therefore have a go at the clubs management!!!!
I, like all supporters, want to see Torquay back in the football league ASAP and nothing would give me greater pleasure than that to happen under Gary Johnson's management. Over the last several weeks, yes we have had a bucket load of injuries, Johnson has made many mistakes. Playing Conner lemonheigh Evans up front when we have more than capable players, Keating, Lewington and Koszela available for example and alternating the goalkeepers seems very strange to me.
I enjoyed reading Barnsley Chops text commentry this morning whilst he was listening to yesterdays match on the radio. I also noticed that our home game against Chesterfield just before christmas, he gave up posting after we went 1-0 down. What happened Barnsley Chop, did you forget to buy some batteries for your radio ?
Glad you liked my posts dawlishpratt.- thats what they are by the way, not texts.
Now, go and get back in your box until we lose again.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 16:40
Glad you liked my posts dawlishPRATT.
:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 16:40
Now, go and get back in your padded cell, nutjob.
(edited for accuracy) :nod:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Nobody can deny that for all the euphoria of going up as Champions and having been 2 points from the top at one stage, we are now positioned in the table where most of us hoped we might be.

In my mind, we have the best and most experienced manager we could have hoped for and with only 19 ish games to go and with a little more luck, we could find ourselves pushing for a play off spot.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Oh Barnsley Chop, so much anger and hatred in your posts. Have you thought about taking anger management classes.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Gary Johnson is only 64 and no doubt learning every day like us all :-/

End of November I posted - "I'm a GJ fan but I noticed GJ commenting that some Players were not good enough at this level a few weeks ago and I was surprised. I wonder if he has lost the Players a little with all these implied changes and the Keating / Goalie issue. I agree GJ is the greatest but there's been a few abrupt ends to his tenures as a Manager . . . ."

After 7 defeats in a row it was good to see GJ, unsurprisingly, more positive yesterday, commenting that he knew that "we had that performance in us". ^.^ I prefer to hear GJ keeping behind the Players as much as possible, week in and week out.

I was at yesterday's game in the Family Stand and could see that we could have been 2 or 3 down long before we scored, but I was chuffed by the way the Players grew as the game went on - maybe the Woking factor ? Using his experience, perhaps GJ has got the Players back now ? Certainly 100% determination was evident yesterday.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Few clubs are more difficult to define than Torquay, hence the views of a few disgruntled supporter don't reflect the position of every Torquay fan which is just as well as this managerial barrage after a poor run of results is beginning to resemble a fantasy football game. Torquays problem is that our owner wants and many supporters expect the club to be competing in the football league with the likes of Plymouth and Exeter but, from the outside, we remain a club viewed as being nowhere near the teams we considered rivals in the 1970s and 80s and 90's.

And who will Torquay attract as an elite coach ... Pochettino? We ought to be grateful that GJ has brought into the Torquay project as the alternative is the painful reality that we are currently only an appealing option to the likes of out of work, old-school managers who will take on a difficult job simply to get themselves back into the game.

There are a few class managers out there. Take former Crystal Palace, Brighton and Leicester boss, Peter Taylor who yesterday left Dagenham FC. The reason! ...' ' A change is required for a new manager to start and achieve the aspirations set forth by our investment group." Well of course, we all know investment groups know how to manage a football club better than an experienced manager like Taylor. And who do they expect to get better than a manager who oversaw the England squad against Italy in 2000 and gave David Beckham his first international's captaincy.

This season is a reality check for Torquay after our promotion success last season and our priority should be to reach the magic 50 point marker and build on from there. There is no doubt, in my mind, whatsoever that we have the right man at the helm in Gary Johnson to continue our efforts to get back into the football league be it this season or next.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Gary Johnson is only 64 and no doubt learning every day like us all :-/

End of November I posted - "I'm a GJ fan but I noticed GJ commenting that some Players were not good enough at this level a few weeks ago and I was surprised. I wonder if he has lost the Players a little with all these implied changes and the Keating / Goalie issue. I agree GJ is the greatest but there's been a few abrupt ends to his tenures as a Manager . . . ."

After 7 defeats in a row it was good to see GJ, unsurprisingly, more positive yesterday, commenting that he knew that "we had that performance in us". ^.^ I prefer to hear GJ keeping behind the Players as much as possible, week in and week out.

I was at yesterday's game in the Family Stand and could see that we could have been 2 or 3 down long before we scored, but I was chuffed by the way the Players grew as the game went on - maybe the Woking factor ? Using his experience, perhaps GJ has got the Players back now ? Certainly 100% determination was evident yesterday.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We also could and should have been 2-0 up before they scored.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Barnsley Chop, its OK to be angry. Anger is an emotion that we all have, but sometimes people can struggle to control there emotions, which in turn can cause us problems. Please don't dispair Barnsley Chop, there is help out there. You can contact the mental health charity Mind. I believe that they run anger management classes which include cognitive behavioural therapy or CBT. Unfortunately this treatment doesn't come cheap, a 6 week course costs £ 240 but I'm sure that your many friends on this forum will have a whip round and who knows, you may get some extra money to buy some new batteries for your radio. The number to contact is 01226 211188.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Oh if only you had a mind Dawlish you might stop yourself posting inane comments like this. You seemingly relish starting threads and posting in a deliberately controversial manner at the expense of others and that is I'm afraid a fair sized problem.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Dazza, over the last several months I have received several comments in response to my postings on this forum. I have an opinion which most people seem not to agree with. That's fine by me, after all that's what a forum is for, people expressing there opinions. Unfortunately, some individuals on this forum respond via insults instead of healthy debate. If people such as Supernickywroe wish to behave in such a way, then I will fight fire with fire.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You're not fighting anything. In fact you're becoming more and more strange by the day.

How was dinner with the Woking fans?
Dave