Osborne Sells Up..... To Masters?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:24 Well I have put my head firmly on the chopping block but it'll take a while I reckon to see if I'm right or my sources have stitched me up lol. I can live with that ;-)
It's not the same source that said Gowling was gone?
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

This would possibly be why Masters helped broker the deal between Dave Phillips and Osborne?!

Look after the after club for me for a season and by that time I’ll put the feelers out for more investment....which I believe he did the other day...I’ll sell up and then come down and take Torquay off your hands.

Looks like this was the plan all along....why else would Masters have got involved from the very beginning otherwise.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

nickbrod wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:39 It's not the same source that said Gowling was gone?
Have I ever said he was?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Should never mix business with family
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

You have put your head on the chopping board Dave. I assume your sources are trustworthy but anything can change in business at the last moment.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:33 If Masters is 'pally' with Osborne and they have history then i'd be very, very suspicious of any buyout involving him. I don't think we can trust anyone who even knows Osborne through business but by the same token, i don't think we have a choice.
The big difference between Osborne and masters, is that masters is actually a football person.
As for a view of masters read Steve Breeds reply to a question asking his view of masters on the Steve Breed q&a thread.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:41 Have I ever said he was?
No but on BTPIR a "source" today said Gowling was gone so just asking if the "sources" are one and the same.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Yorkieandy wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 17:49 Yeah and someone who wrote a BBC article highlighting concerns about CO about 10 years too late.
Let's be fair to Brett, at least he actually stuck his head above the parapet and expressed fan's concerns, quoting some of the evidence against GI and Osborne. It's much more than anyone at the bloody Herald Express did, aside from Jim Parker having a pop at the fans when he got annoyed at having his Quisling attitude criticised.

As for this news about Masters, let's wait and see...it's not exactly the club out of the danger zone though. Masters is hardly sneaky clean and has seemingly no real reason to chuck money at the club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Gowling may well go after his spat with Owers, that's if Owers is still here long enough to see the back of him. I very much doubt my sources are the same as those on Merse's site but I've never been on there so wouldn't know who has said what.
Dave

Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I’m sorry, but I don’t believe it.

Surely he would need to offload Truro before he would be able to even attempt to takeover at torquay??
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

SenorDingDong wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:57 Let's be fair to Brett, at least he actually stuck his head above the parapet and expressed fan's concerns, quoting some of the evidence against GI and Osborne. It's much more than anyone at the bloody Herald Express did, aside from Jim Parker having a pop at the fans when he got annoyed at having his Quisling attitude criticised.

As for this news about Masters, let's wait and see...it's not exactly the club out of the danger zone though. Masters is hardly sneaky clean and has seemingly no real reason to chuck money at the club.
I like to think i WAS being fair. Nothing personal but more a criticism for lack of awareness. The suspicions around Osborne were around pretty much from when he took over the club and gradually gained momentum. To only get around to writing last month about something that was so obvious for so long isn't ideal. Isn't sticking your head above the parapet what journo's are supposed to do? Fair point about the Herald Express though.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Cruisinho wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:59 I’m sorry, but I don’t believe it.

Surely he would need to offload Truro before he would be able to even attempt to takeover at torquay??
I'm not saying it's true, I'm just hoping its true.
I believe the Truro board is made up largely of members of masters family. It would be easy to transfer the shares over to them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Cruisinho wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:59 I’m sorry, but I don’t believe it.

He can do that as quickly as it takes to sign his name.
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

What's the betting a little bit of poo came out when our Geoff heard this news.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Imagine the bill for comfort food ;-)
Dave