Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Dazza wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 20:49 Jamie Howell ( Eastbourne) . ? Ex Torquay ...
I am a great admirer of how Eastbourne are punching above their weight, but Jamie Howell, I feel, is not the solution. I am hoping we go for broke on the next appointment and get a 'big gun; in. Someone who see's this league for what it is and is capable of putting us in a 'league of our own' raising our players mental game and beating the opposition in the tunnel, before the game even starts
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Arsene Wenger then!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 21:08 I am a great admirer of how Eastbourne are punching above their weight, but Jamie Howell, I feel, is not the solution. I am hoping we go for broke on the next appointment and get a 'big gun; in. Someone who see's this league for what it is and is capable of putting us in a 'league of our own' raising our players mental game and beating the opposition in the tunnel, before the game even starts
I agree about the "big gun". If Osbourne really wants to demonstrate that the club has a future then he is going to have to put his money where his mouth is (unless he talks out of his ass). I know SG says Westley ruled himself out by his demands, but really it was a case of Osbourne thinking he knew best.
It's not too late to turn things around, although second place is probably more realistic than champions.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Dazza wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 21:18 Arsene Wenger then!
Well better than Alan Pardew.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

hector wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 20:03 I really hope the club is not lazy like the Herald Express and considers former players or managers or those who manage minor clubs locally. There are managers out there who we haven’t thought of, who would be more suitable. The likes of Mark Collier, Bobby Wilkinson would be better choices than the #legend route and you’d hope Harrop ha snothing to do with the recruitment this time and this Edwards guy recruits as he would in a company. You choose who you think the best people are, not the most popular or those who used to work there.
Pretty sure Bobby Wilkinson has just had his contract extended, so would be very costly and unlikely.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Owers had to go that is pretty obvious and I fully agree entirely, I feel Saturdays atmosphere made the decision today inevitably ( it has been coming let's face it). The players on another question can't perform in such toxic atmosphere at this level. So let's hope until the new manager comes in they show us fans what they are paid for, the pressure is on them now.
Lucy
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

The fact this happend today on Wednesday & not at the beginning of the weeks makes me wonder if the guy they’ve been wanting has agreed to join us? I’d be very shocked if it it Gary Johnson. I’d be happy but I see it only being Tully.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Has there been any response from players? e.g. surprised, shocked, disappointed, etc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

This is a impossible call....
Could be a manager from above or below which leaves many option and possibilities. It's a job with much expectation. I can't narrow down anyone or even a mould we would want.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 21:31 Has there been any response from players? e.g. surprised, shocked, disappointed, etc
No but apparently Jay Saunders has "liked" a couple of tweets linking him to the job.

A poster on BTPIR has stated that the club "have started by looking at people with a proven track record in NLS"
. He certainly posted this in a way that suggests he has some inside knowledge.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Jerry wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 21:42 No but apparently Jay Saunders has "liked" a couple of tweets linking him to the job.

A poster on BTPIR has stated that the club "have started by looking at people with a proven track record in NLS"
. He certainly posted this in a way that suggests he has some inside knowledge.
Which manager has a proven track record in the NLS? I am struggling to think of one! Gavin Rose, Dulwich Hamlets is the only one that springs to mind, but his achievements have been reaching NLS status.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 21:51 Which manager has a proven track record in the NLS? I am struggling to think of one! Gavin Rose, Dulwich Hamlets is the only one that springs to mind.
Well Jay Saunders for a start seeing as he got Maidstone promoted out of it.

Isn't this the first season Gavin Rose has managed at this level?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gary Owers has a proven track record in the NLS - proven crap.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 22:00 Gary Owers has a proven track record in the NLS - proven crap.
I agree with that statement. He was totally out of his depth but let's face it he never applied for the job in the first place. I'm sure he has many regrets and maybe what if tonight
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

What have we to offer 7 months full time job then part time.
Budget spent on squad but may be scope to sign a couple if we can off load a few.
What managers will be interested in this job.
You may lose loan players as Owers arranged this.
Always look on the bright side of life.