Truro City end groundshare and now sold

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 17:22 I notice with interest that truck's game on Saturday v Wealdstone, according to their official site (which is worse than ours ha ha !!!) Is still subject to confirmation of venue !
How is this so ?
What about Wealdstones travel arrangements ? Is it ' Get yourselves to Exeter on Fri night & await further instructions- ?
This Is a joke. So bloody unprofessional.
Bristow, Edwards, Phillips, Hargreaves, Nichokson, Owers, Harrop, Uncle Clarke & many more, hang your heads in shame for allowing this once great club of ours to suffer the ignominy of regionalised non league football.
You’re confusing me. So what if Truro can’t decide where they are playing on Saturday. What the Truro website states is not Torquay’s fault. And please do not list the bristows in your list of names.
Lucy
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Lucy.
I'm sorry if naming Bristows as being part of of the problem has upset you, however it doesn't really matter how good your intentions maybe by being a benefactor, having good intentions unfortunately can lead to a naivety that leads to others taking your generosity for granted & end up feathering their own nests.
Too many people had the impression that the Bristow purse was a bottomless pit that would forever give, no matter how often you reach in to snaffle a portion.
Every orchard will eventually run out of fruit, but if it's not nurtured & looked after properly, disease sets in & just one bad apple can ruin everything by spreading out of control.
I appreciate what & how Paul & Thea Bristow & family did to save our club at a crucial time in our history, however YOU still have a responsibility with your money as well as the people YOU employ to manage it.
It's a sad fact, but oh so very true .
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Teigngull wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 08:22 Lucy.
I'm sorry if naming Bristows as being part of of the problem has upset you, however it doesn't really matter how good your intentions maybe by being a benefactor, having good intentions unfortunately can lead to a naivety that leads to others taking your generosity for granted & end up feathering their own nests.
Too many people had the impression that the Bristow purse was a bottomless pit that would forever give, no matter how often you reach in to snaffle a portion.
Every orchard will eventually run out of fruit, but if it's not nurtured & looked after properly, disease sets in & just one bad apple can ruin everything by spreading out of control.
I appreciate what & how Paul & Thea Bristow & family did to save our club at a crucial time in our history, however YOU still have a responsibility with your money as well as the people YOU employ to manage it.
It's a sad fact, but oh so very true .
You have not answered the question. If Truro as a club or website haven’t decided where they are playing on Saturday, how the hell is it Torquays fault and indeed the names you quoted. That’s my question
Lucy
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Lucy.
where have I said it's Ruth's fault.
I want our fixtures over Christmas to be on the best surface possible, we don't get the chance to pick & choose where we play our 'home' games so why should anybody else ?
This league is a farce & we've ended up in it with a massive helping of help from the people I've named in my previous answer to you.
Why are we potentially putting our season in jeopardy by continuing to host the Cornish travellers when it's convenient for them, without a head groundsman, at the moment we should be looking after our own interests.
Pray for heavy rain till Sat night.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

No rain forecast for Friday or Saturday.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Bloody predictive text, Ruth's was originally TRURO'S,
I should make sure I check before posting 😡
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Is Ruth Red?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

As your favourite player is Brett, are you going to watch Sutton in the next 28 days?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've watched him since he was 8 years old so I think I already know enough about him 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

portugull wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 20:09 No rain forecast for Friday or Saturday.
But will be torrential on Sunday!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 00:33 Is Ruth Red?
Heh heh heh... :goodpost: :lol:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

I may be being a bit cynical here but with the condition of the pitch being a bit of a worry .
Would it benefit a certain club to have their next ' home ' game conveniently postponed so it wouldn't put their following ' home ' game & of course the potential season saving major cash injection at risk ?
"Who left the bloody sprinklers on" ?
Could it happen ?
Should it happen ?
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Truro have improved recently, I embrace the buoyancy in mood BUT the realist in me suggests we wont simply go on and win every game! Let us hope the pitch holds out else will not be much TUFC football over the holiday period.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

__quiet__gull wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 11:15 Truro have improved recently, I embrace the buoyancy in mood BUT the realist in me suggests we wont simply go on and win every game! Let us hope the pitch holds out else will not be much TUFC football over the holiday period.
no offence, they may have improved - but lets be honest, the way we've played under GJ and the form we've been in, if we can't turn them over twice then maybe we dont deserve to progress.
We should be worrying the teams we play - and not worry about them.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes its a fair point. Everything in the garden was looking decidedly rosy prior to the Boreham game but suspensions and injuries seem to have hit us hard with Dickson now out again and Edwards still out and we are back to scrabbling around trying to fill the bench.

We can scarcely afford any injuries to key forwards tomorrow. Having let Williams go out on loan and Bass being recalled facilitating an extra loan player I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hinds named in the squad tomorrow.

Given a three year contract by Bristol City and a season long loan with a team expecting to be challenging at the top of the national league he would have been higher up the pecking order than someone like Janneh, but with the latters success that may have changed now.

Where better for a young bloke like Hinds to restore his confidence though, under a tried and trusted manager who has had him before/