The lowest of the low

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

The lowest of the low

Post by wivelgull »

Having moved north almost five years ago and not having attended a United game since the 0-1 home defeat by Accrington Stanley in (I think) February 2014, while having kept in regular contact with events through this site (and through the videos) I would be interested to know, now the really bad times seemed to have passed, what supporters might consider to be the lowest of the low point (singular) in the last five years.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Owers last game - a 1-0 home defeat to Chippenham has to be right up there surely. Amazing to see the turnaround since then under Gary Johnson.

But after that particular game, it felt like we might even struggle to stay in this League rather than actually try and get promoted out of it. It also came after a few very uninspiring games where we not only struggled to win games but we failed to even look like scoring in some of them.

How things have changed in just a few short months!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Too depressing to think over. Let's move forward.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Relegation to National South - surely that is the lowest low.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lowest of the low for me personally was seeing the way Martin Ling was sacked. The manipulation of Thea Bristow by Simon Baker into fronting that decision. Definitely the lowest of the low.

A close second were the actions of Dean Edwards, definitely a lowlife.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Instead of fuelling this thread why don't you just close it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Dazza wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 18:08 Instead of fuelling this thread why don't you just close it.
Wrong thread?
Dave

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 17:58 Lowest of the low for me personally was seeing the way Martin Ling was sacked. The manipulation of Thea Bristow by Simon Baker into fronting that decision. Definitely the lowest of the low.

A close second were the actions of Dean Edwards, definitely a lowlife.
I emailed Mr Edwards just before the playoff final at Old Trafford. He was then Commercial Manager I think. I asked him if he could do anything to raise the issue of opening up the seats behind the goal for United fans. This was sorted eventually, but his reply to me made me extremely angry, it was basically how dare you write to me about this, it is nothing to do with me. Rude doesn’t begin to describe it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I remember that well. He was only ever interested in himself so I can quite imagine how he made you feel.
Dave

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It would be easy to say the previous 5 years have been a misery, but having watched the north ferriby match that was a great day. I guess relegation to the conference south has to be the one painful moment. I do remember how angry and frustrated I felt when Crawley drew Manchester United (but that was more than 5 years ago), I still feel what if
Lucy
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

A low point for me (amongst many) was the resignation of Martin Kuhl before the season had even started. You just knew then that something wasn't right about the management team. I see that Kuhl has now rocked up as manager of Basingstoke Town. However the real low point of the past 5 years (apart from 2 miserable relegations of course) has to be home defeat against the mighty Chippenham - I didn't go, but my mate on the Popside said it was the most abject performance he'd seen from any TUFC team over the past 30 years.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

It was a dreadful performance against Chippenham but at least it got rid of owers at least.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

budegull1954 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 20:58 A low point for me (amongst many) was the resignation of Martin Kuhl before the season had even started. You just knew then that something wasn't right about the management team. I see that Kuhl has now rocked up as manager of Basingstoke Town. However the real low point of the past 5 years (apart from 2 miserable relegations of course) has to be home defeat against the mighty Chippenham - I didn't go, but my mate on the Popside said it was the most abject performance he'd seen from any TUFC team over the past 30 years.
Slightly similar, but I think when Cox resigned it was also a particular low point - it really showed the state of the club when we couldn't pay a manager a wage and just had them here on expenses.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

For me it was relegation from football league on either occasion ...the rest of the shit has just snowballed from there
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

For me the 3.7 home defeat to Bromley has to be high on the list of low points. Agree with the above, relegation from the FL could have been so easily avoided if it wasn't for the miss-management of the club and the general apathy about the place, at the time.
Formerly known as forevertufc