woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do we really need to congratulate Woking on making a couple of loan signings.

They have edged past Weston Super Mare 2-1 and despite a great start tonight there was only one goal in it till the 87th minute (and HH are useless)

Tarpey will get recalled by Barnet when his months up and hes got some game time.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

I tend to agree with your sway, however... 3 points is 3 points.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Such a long way to go in this race and I wouldnt rule out the teams in 3rd and 4th either.

Of Wokings last 8 fixtures, 6 look tough inc Welling away, Bath away, Chelsmford away, us and Concord at home. Id include Dulwich away as a tough place to go also as they looked pretty decent when we played them and matched us most of the way.

Similarly, we have some tough fixtures in the middle patch of our remaining games. Next 3 are winnable as are the last 4.

Lots of twists and turns ahead.
TUST #324
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

The report on last night's game mentions nervy moments and Hemel threatening to lay siege to the Woking goal, Gerring recalled immediately to the side. I really think we have a stronger side than them and what with looking at the fixtures we should collect more points in the last 13 games, though we can't really afford to lose the game on April 6th
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

With 7 home fixtures left to just 5 for Woking I would say that we should be looking to win all 7 of them.

We have got Chelmsford and Dartford but irrespective of that they all look distinctly winnable to me.

Win them all and we will take some stopping.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

desperado wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 10:50 The report on last night's game mentions nervy moments and Hemel threatening to lay siege to the Woking goal, Gerring recalled immediately to the side. I really think we have a stronger side than them and what with looking at the fixtures we should collect more points in the last 13 games, though we can't really afford to lose the game on April 6th
On paper, yes I'd agree, we have the strongest first XI but our record so far this season is not great against the teams around us is it ?
Mind you I have a feeling Woking think after last night they may have already done the hard bit by knocking us off of the top.
It aint over yet by a long chalk.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

With all due respect you would expect Woking to have got 9 points with home games against HH, WSM and East Thurrock.

In general terms this league isn't very strong and there are not many upsets caused by teams in the lower half of the table so in effect there are a fair few "free games" so to speak.

HH have only won one game in this last seven and that was against Dulwich Hamlet.

Also in general terms I reckon we are less likely to be on the arse end of a referee at home, unlike the cheat we got at Welling.

As I say one or two tough games at home but Dartford actually struggled to beat 9 man Woking and if you look at the highlights of that game Woking could have been out of sight in the first half.

There is nothing at all to fear.
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by jimhart33 »

Agree with Brucie that upsets against Woking, Torquay, Chelmsford, and Billericay by non top 6 sides look unlikely. (on paper)
We need to beat Chelmsford, and avoid defeat at Woking and Billericay.
That should be enough with our goal difference. 93 points for Woking and Torquay to get us up.
However we all know there will be shock results but hopefully not against Torquay.
Come on you Gulls.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

As I do every season when we get to late February I look at the remaining fixtures and try to estimate our final point tally.

The big plus for United is we have 7 Home and 6 Away but Woking only have 5 at Home and 8 Away.

Chelmsford have 12 to play but only 5 at Home.
Our biggest challenges will be Billericay and Woking Away. However Chelmsford have Woking at Home and Welling Away.

My prediction is United 87 Woking 83 Chelmsford 77.
COYY
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 19:51 As I do every season when we get to late February I look at the remaining fixtures and try to estimate our final point tally.

The big plus for United is we have 7 Home and 6 Away but Woking only have 5 at Home and 8 Away.

Our biggest challenges will be Billericay and Woking Away. However Chelmsford have Woking at Home and Welling Away.

My prediction is United 87 Woking 83 Chelmsford 77. COYY
One game at a time, Portugull. One game at a time ....... ;-)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

portugull wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 19:51 As I do every season when we get to late February I look at the remaining fixtures and try to estimate our final point tally.

My prediction is United 87 Woking 83 Chelmsford 77.
COYY
The madness of predictions has started already.........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lighten up boys, it's one man and his opinion. He does it every season so what's the harm?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

Herald Express reporting that we will be allocated 1,334 tickets for this match; 1,100 standing and 234 seating.
The capacity will be 5,700 and not all ticket as yet,but our allocation will be sold via Plainmoor.
Full details expected to be announced shortly.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

So, pretty much as I thought, when I started this thread!
Torquay4eva
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Torquay4eva »

Just me who thinks the goal difference will win it for us?