Match Commentary

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Match Commentary

Post by davethegull2 »

last seasons club commo was generally excellent. My only feedback would be could they start it earlier? It didn't need a vpn to listen overseas. If the hated RD are going to suddenly decide to cover us again will the club stop theirs? I don't want to give the BBC any patronage whatsoever.
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

I asked Guy Henderson the same question..he kindly had a word with David Thomas and on their weekly podcast, David reported that the club were going to continue with their coverage ... which is good news. He did not know what RD were planning for next season.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Fantastic news. I was worried that they would defer to RD.

If it's possible for Brett and the chaps to do it. Can they start the commo earlier than 2 mins before kickoff and fill the time with news and views from the club, interviews with players and league news? I realise this is over and above but would be most welcome. It would also obviate the need for any RD input.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

RD ditched us in our darkest hour as such. We should get behind the club commentary, even if the extra subscription went back into the club
Lucy
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

**** radio Devon, they left us so if they do pick up the commentary we should boycott.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Used to love the BBC radio Devon build up from 2.30 with news and yap from accross the region. But along with the BBC licence I don't like to pay , and the fact that they dumped us last season i will stick and contribute towards our in house service this year as a great job they did. That's assuming there even is a choice.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

According to DT on the devonlive podcast a week or so ago, the in house commentary service WILL be available again this season.
So I say to all of you that can receive this service , make use of it please, and show Radio Argyle that we don't give a stuff whether your there or not, were quite fine without you thank you.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

One of the best decisions the club made was to air their own commentary, I thought it was excellent throughout last season and Brett was on hand to update us with other scores. I'll definitely be making the most of it again.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Excellent commentary yet again yesterday. So refreshing to be able to listen to it while in the office catching up with paperwork.

Well done to all.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

To be honest it isn't Radio Argyle any more since Sparkes quit and followed his first love American Football. Its totally Exeter orientated these days, with their gurgling pillock commentators.

Exeter Siiiiitaaaaayyyyaaaaa and the chortling imbecile who starts laughing everytime they score a goal. ****.

If its not them its those Tomahawk Chopping Knobbers and that whining Lockyer.

And the Chiefs have kicked over another penalty to lead 343 and a half to 78. :@
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

brucie wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 11:03 To be honest it isn't Radio Argyle any more since Sparkes quit and followed his first love American Football. Its totally Exeter orientated these days, with their gurgling pillock commentators.

Exeter Siiiiitaaaaayyyyaaaaa and the chortling imbecile who starts laughing everytime they score a goal. ****.

If its not them its those Tomahawk Chopping Knobbers and that whining Lockyer.

And the Chiefs have kicked over another penalty to lead 343 and a half to 78. :@
Spot on Brucie !!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Good old brucie!