Saikou Janneh

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hertsjez
Trialist
Trialist

Saikou Janneh

Post by Hertsjez »

Hi all,

Saikou Janneh that was with you last season is heavily linked with a move to Cambridge United on a season long loan. Not sure if he would want to join our “almost relegated” league 2 side.

Do you think he could do a job for us in league 2 or is it a step too soon?

Interested in your thoughts

Ta

Jez
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Nah mate , seriously rubbish player. would strongly spread the word that you dont want him at your club due to his inability to score goals and the ability to be part of a championship winning side who couldn't be part of a fantastic group of players who can achieve.

Honest 😏😀
Hertsjez
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Hertsjez »

Lol... take that as a good player then 😂
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Janneh is quality that's for sure.

No offence to your team but it seems curious that he would join a struggling league 2 team. I actually think he would be better off with us but his parent club might want him to play league 2 football. He may find that regularly with you rather than going to a better league 2 club.

If he does sign for you and it doesn't work out I would expect to see him back with us by Xmas.
Hertsjez
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Hertsjez »

That’s what worries me for the lad. Only just escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. Mainly because there were 2 shittier basket cases of a team below us.
We are seriously in debt and reliant on an owner to bail us out, lost half a team and our two best players in the close season and have not replaced them.
Very worrying
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

We know all too well what it's like for a club to be in the doldrums. If he does join you he is a real quality player, fast, hard working and a goal scorer.
Many of us rated him highly and thought he might have broken into the Bristol City squad this season or the very least moved to a league one promotion favourite - on loan. Hope your season goes well - Janneh will be a plus point.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think he would be better off with us , he needs to play for a team with an attacking philosophy and momentum, not a team who judging from last season's
struggle and with financial problems may well struggle again . Some team like Newport would be a better bet for him if they want him to play League Two
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I honestly think he would be better off us as well !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I honestly think he would be better off us as well !
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hertsjez wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 12:57 Hi all,

Saikou Janneh that was with you last season is heavily linked with a move to Cambridge United on a season long loan. Not sure if he would want to join our “almost relegated” league 2 side.

Do you think he could do a job for us in league 2 or is it a step too soon?

Interested in your thoughts

Ta

Jez
If you get him he will do well for you, I’m not interested if you survived last season by the skin of the teeth, the fundamental fact is he be playing league football, something we can’t offer and for Bristol City that is there measure of his future potential.
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I see that Saikou Janneh is listed on the Bristol City Website as a First Team Squad Player and In the Under 23's Squad.So is Opie Edwards.

However Connor Lemonheigh Evans is only listed in the under 23's.

I wonder if Connor might be back at Plainmoor soon?
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

portugull wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 19:45 I see that Saikou Janneh is listed on the Bristol City Website as a First Team Squad Player and In the Under 23's Squad.So is Opie Edwards.

However Connor Lemonheigh Evans is only listed in the under 23's.

I wonder if Connor might be back at Plainmoor soon?
Both Janneh & Edwards were taken to Florida for City's preseason trip so guess Lee Johnson is getting a good look at both of them at the moment. Think City are looking for a striker so he might go back out on loan once they've signed one. They don't seem to have updated their U23 squad page for a while as McCoulsky is still there and he went to Forest Green in January.

Lemonheigh-Evans (as well as ex-Gull George Dowling) were on trial at Newport with a view to a loan move the last I saw. Two trialists on the bench for them tonight, so might be them.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ou-janneh/

Was due to go on loan to Newport according to this article but that's been stopped for now due to Janneh suffering a knee injury. Bad luck for him as would have been a good move for him. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

According to the Bristol city website, Saikou Janneh was due to sign for Doncaster Rovers today on a season long long but has unfortunately sustained a serious knee injury that needs an operation on Thursday, making Janneh missing at least 6 weeks of the season.