Barrow v Torquay United, 1st February 2020

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Barrow v Torquay United, 1st February 2020

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well, we are off to play the league leaders - no offence to Barrow but I didn't think I'd be saying that about them!
I bet that fella from Cumbria who used to post on here is laughing his cap off! :)
I also can't believe we were the last team to beat them!
Was hoping they might get at least three sent off on Tuesday night at Solihull, but never mind...... :-/
Don't know why but I think we have a chance here - they will come out and play which hopefully gives us a chance to get something from the game, perhaps on the counter-attack, depending on our formation of course :} and if shagger is still with us.....
The Yorkshire Gulls will be there to visit this god-forsaking place - bl*ody 4hrs plus on the train from Sunny Yorkshire... :@
But, not as long as the brave souls coming from Devon... I note that the the Big Yellow Fun Bus is leaving Paignton at 5.45am! :-o
Safe trip to Barrow for all the Yellow Army.
See you there!
As for the score, I did think of taking a leaf out of that Cumbria fella's book and going for his infamous and weekly 1-1 scoreline.... :no:
.....Nah, going for 2-1 to the Yellow Army!
See you all there (in the Wetherspoons for a cheeky drink!) =D
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Barrow is an awful town, full of inbreds, has one road in one road out, can’t comment on the train network but if run by northern rail good luck. The away end is uncovered and with rain forecast for Saturday good luck to you all that are going. If you are doing an overnight stay the Wetherspoon is a hotel.
Lucy
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yes its a grim place but if staying overnight go 30 miles north its a different world
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

lucy6lucy wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 20:35 Barrow is an awful town, full of inbreds, has one road in one road out......
Thought you were talking about Cornwall then but then realised Cornwall has 2 roads in and out! ;-)
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

stefano wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 14:41 Thought you were talking about Cornwall then but then realised Cornwall has 2 roads in and out! ;-)
Hang on, some us have to live in Cornwall!
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Have been to Barrow before and yes dreadful place. The only plus the ground is on the road into town so get back down south quick. Cant see us getting anything there but may get a goal. 3 -1 to them. Just over 100 gulls there
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Have been to Barrow before and yes dreadful place. The only plus the ground is on the road into town so get back down south quick. Cant see us getting anything there but may get a goal. 3 -1 to them. Just over 100 gulls there
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Sorry adding my doom and gloom as i can see us getting a thrashing, we couldnt even beat an egg at the moment.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

We are very capable of getting something out of this game. Positive formation and attitude. Safe travelling to all the Yellow Army. COYY
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

0-1 win for us against the run of play. Asa Hall header.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Expecting Little and Cameron to start. Probably with three centre backs, cue moans from some. Little Lemon and Hall midfield. Whitfield supporting
Reid. Wouldn't start Kalala in this game bring him off the bench to score the equalizer in a 2-2 draw.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

desperado wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 10:59 Expecting Little and Cameron to start. Probably with three centre backs, cue moans from some. Little Lemon and Hall midfield. Whitfield supporting
Reid. Wouldn't start Kalala in this game bring him off the bench to score the equalizer in a 2-2 draw.
Well, you got that just about spot on. :-D
TUST member 200 ;-)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Cameron in for Cundy . No defender on the bench. Take it Cundy not fit /I'll ?
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

desperado wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 10:59 Expecting Little and Cameron to start. Probably with three centre backs, cue moans from some. Little Lemon and Hall midfield. Whitfield supporting
Spot on with personnel. Looks like 4 at the back though.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

fred wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 14:40 Spot on with personnel. Looks like 4 at the back though.
3 at the back say commos. Longridge and Whitfield as wingbacks.