Season Tickets on Sale 4th August

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Season Tickets on Sale 4th August

Post by standupsitdown »

https://torquayunited.com/torquay-unite ... w-on-sale/

Season tickets now on sale.

Prices frozen.

Early bird discount until 31st August.

Fair chance some games will be season ticket holders only.

Who is renewing?
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I had a pop side season ticket last season. Does anyone know how (or if) the pop side will open if social distancing is required?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

DWB wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 20:40 I had a pop side season ticket last season. Does anyone know how (or if) the pop side will open if social distancing is required?
Same here. I'm going to renew mine.
I assume much reduced capacity and ask people to socially distance. Toilets may be an issue as they're not exactly roomy.
However if the rules don't allow terraces to open I wonder if they'll be able to accommodate us in the seats, perhaps paying a supplement.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Gonna renew same two seats in Bristows Bench!! As I said on another thread surely people from the same house can sit together but this info is not asked when booking. Toilets will be an issue!!, as will entry/exit. My guess will be a reduced capacity in pop side with people asked to socially distance and perhaps the away end open to our fans.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

How will they enforce social distancing, irrespective of congestion in toilets, especially in the pop side? Perhaps they will be required to paint grid lines at 2m distances and require 2 or three steps vertical separation? Separation in the seated areas would be easier but this will mean season ticket holders having to forego their normal seats. Would they be obliged to fill seats from the middle outwards so people are not having to push past early arrivals and allow people to leave a row at a time? Will they threaten to abandon matches if fans don't cooperate? I'd like to think that fans would be responsible but have my doubts that all will and threatening to eject people only works if there are only one or two exceptions. No doubt we would have been given some clues had the national experimental events gone ahead but now they have been cancelled/deferred how will the guidance be developed? Don't envy the stadium manager's challenge in planning for the new season.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Modgull wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 10:47 How will they enforce social distancing, irrespective of congestion in toilets, especially in the pop side? Perhaps they will be required to paint grid lines at 2m distances and require 2 or three steps vertical separation? Separation in the seated areas would be easier but this will mean season ticket holders having to forego their normal seats. Would they be obliged to fill seats from the middle outwards so people are not having to push past early arrivals and allow people to leave a row at a time? Will they threaten to abandon matches if fans don't cooperate? I'd like to think that fans would be responsible but have my doubts that all will and threatening to eject people only works if there are only one or two exceptions. No doubt we would have been given some clues had the experimental events gone ahead but now they have been cancelled/deferred how will the guidance be developed. Don't envy the stadium manager's challenge in planning for the new season.
1 metre distances....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 10:48 1 metre distances....
Sorry, yes 1m if everyone is wearing a mask.
Phil

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

Season ticket renewed - looking forward to the start of the season. Could be a very good one!
Phil

Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

What really dissapointis me, I've been a season ticket holder now for a number of years with my lads. I haven't been contacted by TUFC about renewing my season tickets for 20/21. Ive only seen what I've red in the press. Last season was cut short and the club haven't asked me what I want to do about the matches that we were cancelled. I've no intention about asking for my money back but just to have been contacted about it would have been the right thing to do. I understand we have until 18th August to retain our seat? It's a real shame that the club coiuldnt have contacted me personally. I realise that administration staff are still likely to be on furlough but this isn't the way to treat loyal supporters.
Has this only happened to me or is there anyone else?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I've just renewed for Pop Side.
I did get an email about renewing but nothing about last season. Given that we have effectively donated about a third of last season's season ticket cost to the club it would have been nice to have received an email saying thanks. Premier League clubs have refunded fans for unused matches last season. I'm not sure what other National League clubs have done.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Willowgull wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 21:45 What really dissapointis me, I've been a season ticket holder now for a number of years with my lads. I haven't been contacted by TUFC about renewing my season tickets for 20/21. Ive only seen what I've red in the press. Last season was cut short and the club haven't asked me what I want to do about the matches that we were cancelled. I've no intention about asking for my money back but just to have been contacted about it would have been the right thing to do. I understand we have until 18th August to retain our seat? It's a real shame that the club coiuldnt have contacted me personally. I realise that administration staff are still likely to be on furlough but this isn't the way to treat loyal supporters.
Has this only happened to me or is there anyone else?

I was contacted by email thanking me for my support and detailing ways of renewing for the coming season. So I assume they have email details for you? And maybe they will be contacting you in the near future??
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

standupsitdown wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 21:55 I've just renewed for Pop Side.
I did get an email about renewing but nothing about last season. Given that we have effectively donated about a third of last season's season ticket cost to the club it would have been nice to have received an email saying thanks. Premier League clubs have refunded fans for unused matches last season. I'm not sure what other National League clubs have done.
As a matter of interest did you ask, or did they tell you, how they propose to enforce social distancing on the pop side if that is still needed when we resume. Or even if they know we will be allowed at all into the ground which then throws up the other issue of paying for something we won’t be getting!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

standupsitdown wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 21:55 I've just renewed for Pop Side.
Has it crossed you mind that the Prem teams can afford to do that and we can't??
As for the NL, probably in the same boat as us -bearing in mind it looks - unfortunately - that Dover are going under.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

DWB wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 06:47
I was contacted by email thanking me for my support and detailing ways of renewing for the coming season. So I assume they have email details for you? And maybe they will be contacting you in the near future??
Yes, they have my email address as I usually receive updates. Maybe I will get an email soon but the deadline isn't far away.
I won't hold that against the club during these difficult times and will be renewing. I think with a settled squad were in for a decent season. I dont think we have enough to win the league but certainly play offs have to be a realistic aim!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I am very hopeful of the playoffs as a minimum, but then I’m always a fairly optimistic guy!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com