FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round v Sholing

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round v Sholing

Post by Trojan 67 »

In all the excitement of National League live streaming . . .

The draw for the Fourth Round Qualifying of the Emirates FA Cup will be aired live on talkSPORT2 from 1pm on Thursday 15th October 2020.

The Emirates FA Cup Round Dates For The 2020-21 Season: https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/round-dates
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Away to Sholing

Sholing FC official website: https://www.sholingfc.co.uk/

Sholing FC Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholing_F.C.

Emirates FA Cup - Gary Johnson reacts to Sholing Cup draw: https://torquayunited.com/emirates-fa-c ... -cup-draw/
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Sholing is near Southampton and will have a 400 maximum for that. That will be all ticket for them. Same division as Bideford. Wherever they are playing this weekend at least we can have them watched. Could be a BBC game too
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Sholing are Home to Wantage on Saturday and Home to Lymington on Tuesday 20th.
We won 7-0 at Lymington 2 years ago in an FA Cup Match.
Sholing have taken 9 points from a possible 15 this season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Whydoibother wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 14:34 Sholing is near Southampton and will have a 400 maximum for that. That will be all ticket for them. Same division as Bideford. Wherever they are playing this weekend at least we can have them watched. Could be a BBC game too
It's in Southampton on the East Side of the city. Hopefully I'll be able to use my contacts there to get in.
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

They have lost to a team that Barnstaple drew with. Be surprised if we don't score double figures .
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 16 Oct 2020, 10:21 They have lost to a team that Barnstaple drew with. Be surprised if we don't score double figures .
Saving this comment so I know where to direct the villagers with torches and pitchforks. :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Managed to conjure up tickets to the game so we'll have a vocal backing of sorts.

Paul Samain who many will remember as our drummer during the promotion campaign, he's now a follower of Sholing and has been since the season they won at Wembley in the FA Vase. Obviously he's a certified glory hunter but I'm sure any commentary will pick him and his drum up.
Dave

budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I know I live in Cornwall and may be a bit slow on the uptake as a result, but can someone explain to me why Sholing can have 400 fans for the FA cup game next week, yet no fans are allowed in any Premier, EFL of National League grounds??!!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

I shoulld add that no-one was allowed in at Sandy Park yesterday to watch the Chiefs' excellent win against Racing, yet the pub outside the ground was apparently heaving with fans watching the game on TV!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

budegull1954 wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 15:58 I shoulld add that no-one was allowed in at Sandy Park yesterday to watch the Chiefs' excellent win against Racing .....
Er ..... or it could be something to do with the fact that the Final was played in Bristol ...... Don't worry Budegull - I am also Cornish so know what it's like to be slow on the uptake !!! GREAT result by the Chief's and a great match, but boy - they made Chief fans sweat !!! :clap:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Clubs below the National League, National North & South are non-elite clubs and are allowed crowds, some up to a maximum of 600. National League and above are elite clubs and are not allowed spectators. Those are the rules!
By the way, Exeter Chiefs & Racing 92 played the final in Bristol at Ashton Gate.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Ha ha - I stand well and truly corrected about the venue for the Chiefs match! It still doesn't explain the nonsense that people can be crammed together in a pub but not spaced out in a ground. Thanks nickbrod for explaining the rules - ridiculous though they are!
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Nice to know that we are classed as an " Elite Club " :)
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

On Saturday October, 10 th, the Gulls played at Bromley and as we know, being elite clubs, no fans were allowed in to watch the game. On Sunday, 11th October, non-elite side Cray Wandereres played at home at the same ground and this time their fans were allowed to watch. This article in the NYTimes explains where we’re at:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/spor ... -fans.html