Play Offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Play Offs

Post by standupsitdown »

Hoping that his is all irrelevant but –

If we finish second, which currently looks most likely, we’d play a semi-final playoff at home to the winner of the 5th v 6th eliminator, at 12pm Saturday 12th June.
Quite a few opponents are still possible but maybe Notts County currently look the most likely.
Home fans only would be permitted. Hopefully the club will extend season tickets to cover this match, given that we’ve only had four games all season.

If we win the semi-final we’ll play the final at Ashton Gate on Sunday 20th June (2pm).
Opponents could be one of quite a few teams but I think Stockport are the most likely.
We’d probably get about 3000 tickets for the final; 25% of capacity, divided between the two clubs.
I hope season ticket holders will get priority.

And if we win we can look forward to playing the likes of Exeter, Bristol Rovers and Swindon next season.
Last edited by Louis on 25 May 2021, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the "hopefully won't be relevant" as sadly it now is
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Assuming other results go for us - currently we are 2 wins away from a return to League 2. If that doesn’t pan out then we would be then 2 wins away from a return to League 2!
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

So this is a thread primarily saying you want season tickets to get priority. Nice and fair of you.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Capacity is 27k so would probably by 3k tickets per club based on 25% capacity.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Mo Gull wrote: 19 May 2021, 13:20 So this is a thread primarily saying you want season tickets to get priority. Nice and fair of you.
It's more than that, but with regard to season tickets:
It would seem reasonable that having only been able to attend four games season tickets are extended for the play off semi final. Or at least have priority in buying them.
One of the benefits of season tickets is priority for all ticket away games, so I would assume that this would include the play off final. This is the norm at other clubs.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Can't get my head round that. Exile fans can't make use of season tickets, but shouldn't be at the back of the queue for one off games.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Mo Gull wrote: 19 May 2021, 14:28 Can't get my head round that. Exile fans can't make use of season tickets, but shouldn't be at the back of the queue for one off games.
I live 225 miles from Plainmoor but have a season ticket.
I don't get to every home game but reasons for renewing it this year were to support the club financially in this difficult time and for just such an eventuality - to get priority for all ticket matches.
I don't know any club that doesn't give priority for tickets to season ticket holders.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Mo Gull wrote: 19 May 2021, 14:28 Can't get my head round that. Exile fans can't make use of season tickets, but shouldn't be at the back of the queue for one off games.
The current situation makes it worse than it appears. In a normal year, our season ticket holders would get priority. I don't know how many of them there are, but let's assume 2,000. if the Playoff final were at Wembley, and our allocation was 20k, we'd think nothing of it; ST holders could get their tickets first, leaving 18k for exiles or glory (hah) hunters.

Just because that allocation is diminished this time - through no fault of the club's - should not mean that those who purchased season tickets are punished. they've put their money up from the start, of course they should be given priority.

Exile fans are generally not putting as much of a financial contribution into the club, so I see no reason for them to expect equal treatment this time. (I say that as an exile myself, and one who, this season, has spent a lot more than usual because I've been buying the streaming for every game.)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 19 May 2021, 16:43 The current situation makes it worse than it appears. In a normal year, our season ticket holders would get priority. I don't know how many of them there are, but let's assume 2,000. if the Playoff final were at Wembley, and our allocation was 20k, we'd think nothing of it; ST holders could get their tickets first, leaving 18k for exiles or glory (hah) hunters.

Just because that allocation is diminished this time - through no fault of the club's - should not mean that those who purchased season tickets are punished. they've put their money up from the start, of course they should be given priority.

Exile fans are generally not putting as much of a financial contribution into the club, so I see no reason for them to expect equal treatment this time. (I say that as an exile myself, and one who, this season, has spent a lot more than usual because I've been buying the streaming for every game.)
Disagree.
Its not all about season ticket holders.
The Player and Staff sponsors contribute more financially than a single season ticket holder.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

It would be very poor if the club made season ticket holders pay the home semi final
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Best just go up automatically - then we dont have to worry about getting a ticket!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Im not a season ticket holder but ive watched every game this season, home and away. On occasions in person.

I deserve a ticket to the final.

Just sayin.
TUST #324
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

The way it should be is if you have a season ticket you should only be Abel to get one ticket per season ticket. (one for you and no one else) but it seems for the Barnet game season ticket holders have brought more than one ticket each leaving the majority of us not getting a chance to see the game, (this is just like the toilet roll shortage at the beginning of the first lock down) I work on Saturday’s and I would love to get to ever home game and some away games too, but I can not, but that does not mean I don’t support my team. And for me to buy a season ticket I would not be able to get to half the games in the season because of work, but I do listen to all games on the radio work permitting. So I hope if we make the play off final the club only gives season ticket holders the chance for one ticket per season ticket.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I agree that it should be one ticket per season ticket.
If the game had been at Wembley and tickets were unlimited it would have been different.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

If you are a season ticket holder you shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets for others. How do you know this is happening Regarding the final , let's get there first, remember 2008 , dipped out to Aldershot for the title and then 2 goals ahead and 20 minutes from the Final and we know what happened next.