Playoff Final Vs Hartlepool at Ashton Gate

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Good luck with ringing the club anyone...I'm currently NUMBER 53 in the queue with a 53 minute waiting time!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Details on website now
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Any season ticket holders want to add me to their bubble?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Got mine online.
Hoorah.
musicgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by musicgull »

What a rip off at £41 + handling charge for a game between 5th tier clubs. Money-grabbing tinpot league. Please let us win and get out of it.
BCFC1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BCFC1 »

Just in case you miss it. The Ashton Gate Stadium COVID policy says that kids will need to wear a face mask when moving around inside Ashton Gate. No face mask required for kids when seated.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 22:15 I thought that would be easy to work out....... :}
A Premier League ground with a capacity of at least 40,000.
Then we would have a decent amount at least of fans being able to go.
Instead of the circa 3,500 fans we will be allowed.
So...pick one, then.

You're probably looking at London, because most of the northwest is out thanks to Covid rates. Getting to Southampton or Brighton from up north is no fun Norwich isn't close to anywhere. Newcastle is too remote.

London; quite a few places there, but with the current rules you've no idea which clubs would even consider hosting an event that will necessarily only be 1/4 full. If i was a groundsman I'd be reluctant to anybody use it while im trying to get it ready for the new season.

I guess the midlands would've been good - Leicester or Villa - but again, we don't know what's going on in those places. I have no doubt that the NL tried to get a bigger place but Ashton Gate was the best option.

I just know if that Tottenham had said 'sure, but it's gonna be £60 a ticket", people would be pitching an even bigger fit
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

oldpedant wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 08:36 Who is to say that a Premier League ground was available. Their close season pitch maintenance would have been planned for months. Also, who would staff it? The cost would be excessive for the return made on a smallish crowd.

Ashton Gate is still in use, and therefore available. What no-one has mentioned is that there is a rugby match on Saturday on the same pitch. What will it be like for Sunday?
Villa Park available.
King Power, Leicester available.
Elland Road available.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 15:04 So...pick one, then.

You're probably looking at London, because most of the northwest is out thanks to Covid rates. Getting to Southampton or Brighton from up north is no fun Norwich isn't close to anywhere. Newcastle is too remote.

London; quite a few places there, but with the current rules you've no idea which clubs would even consider hosting an event that will necessarily only be 1/4 full. If i was a groundsman I'd be reluctant to anybody use it while im trying to get it ready for the new season.

I guess the midlands would've been good - Leicester or Villa - but again, we don't know what's going on in those places. I have no doubt that the NL tried to get a bigger place but Ashton Gate was the best option.

I just know if that Tottenham had said 'sure, but it's gonna be £60 a ticket", people would be pitching an even bigger fit
See above post.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

If you get a ticket great. If you dont, unlucky, go to the pub and watch it and save yourself £100 in the process.

This is quite a ridiculous debate and i wonder why people get hyped up enough to spend time logging in and writing a full answer about the......DOH!
TUST #324
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I assume the club haven’t charged 75p for delivery for those who are collecting from Plainmoor.
And the no admission after 12.00 on the email should either read 14.00 or not be there at all.
I don’t think £41 is unreasonable for a final. Bristol City will need to be paid and costs aren’t much lower for smaller crowd- plus no catering income.
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

So details say you can purchase in Covid groups, but club wouldn’t allow us to buy two tickets so I can’t go with my daughter??? Seems madness to have that on the website but only allow single ticket purchases. Now run the risk of me not getting one and her not being able to go as she is only 13. Poor.

If anyone isn’t going and is happy to buy one for me I will happily pay for your time and effort or risk missing out on Wednesday.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

£41-00 a ticket, the National league should be reported to the FA!!!!. I'd rather buy Southampton Gull and SuperNickyWroe a pint or three 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I found the process simple and quick online - have purchased 3 tickets for my season ticket bubble. It is true that my son, who is not a season ticket holder, will have to take his chances with general release on Wednesday and will not therefore be able to sit with me/us. That is disappointing but I find it difficult to criticise the Club for giving season ticket holders priority and, if they allowed ST holders to buy for non-ST holders, there would have been very few tickets left for general release. Indeed, some ST holders may have made multiple extra purchases meaning a real free-for-all as well as compromising Covid protocols. Another thing - the number of one, two, three and four person "pods" is determined by the Ashton Gate system presumably set up for the Bears' matches. No, the Club is handling this the best way they can - let's cut them some slack.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

I was number 30 in queue but got through after 35 mins. Couldn't choose seats as it's lucky dip. My 2 tickets are sealed in an envelope and came direct from Bristol. Lady said wait time was due to both season ticket holders and non season ticket holders both calling!! I see the Covid policy at Ashton gate says we may be asked for proof of a lateral flow test on entry taken no more than two days before. Anyone going to do this? Anyone know if their is parking at the ground?