Wrexham v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Wrexham v Torquay

Post by fred »

Wrexham away was always going to be tough but I'm reading today that their new Hollywood owners have picked this fixture to attend!! First time together I believe!!! More pressure on their players or a boost? On the back of our 2-0 Kings Lynn win aided by our two new additions and the possibility of players coming back from injury Gary Johnson will have some decisions to make this week!! For me a point would be great and anything more a bonus!!
TomGull1997
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TomGull1997 »

Looks to also be a home sell out too, will be a tough game but a great atmosphere! Let’s hope the confidence from the win on Saturday carries forward 🤞
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't know who can play left side except Andrews but would rather see Connor further up the field v Wrexham rather than on the left of a 3-4-3, perhaps behind Armstrong and Lolos. Big ask for those two youngsters on Saturday against the likes of Tozer. Would keep Joe, Perritt and Mox back three. Hopefully Lapslie/Hall are fit to come straight back in or we will likely be outmuscled, outfought and overrun in centre mid. A fit Addai off the bench would be good too.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Wrexham will be tough make no mistake.

However 15 goals in 10 games 7 from Paul Mullin is not exactly Promotion form and they are 12th after playing 10 games.

With Armstrong and Lolos we have some pace and power up front and at least at Home we have 3 clean sheets in the League in a row if not in the Cup!!

A lot will depend on shape and concentration but Wrexham will be under pressure to deliver in front of the Money Men from the USA. COYY
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

After tonight’s result we can now go above Wrexham if we beat them on Saturday- nice incentive!
StockyGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by StockyGull »

New here but just tried to get a ticket for Wrexham game but apparently as I didn't register on ticket website before start of the season they won't sell me a ticket!

Luckily I just bought some very easily for the home side at Wrexham. I will have to not jump up and down when we score our 4th on Saturday.

Can someone explain why our club has this stupid policy? I have always just paid on the day for away matches but with Wrexham game being all ticket apparently this excludes me from being in the away end.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

StockyGull wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 12:41 New here but just tried to get a ticket for Wrexham game but apparently as I didn't register on ticket website before start of the season they won't sell me a ticket!

Luckily I just bought some very easily for the home side at Wrexham. I will have to not jump up and down when we score our 4th on Saturday.

Can someone explain why our club has this stupid policy? I have always just paid on the day for away matches but with Wrexham game being all ticket apparently this excludes me from being in the away end.
It’s to stop Wrexham fans buying tickets in the away end as they’re likely to sell out. Anyone know our allocation? Apparently it’s all gone!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Admiral wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 20:45 It’s to stop Wrexham fans buying tickets in the away end as they’re likely to sell out. Anyone know our allocation? Apparently it’s all gone!
should have just rung the club, sure it could have been sorted
StockyGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by StockyGull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 22:15 should have just rung the club, sure it could have been sorted
I did was told there was nothing they could do. If security was that much of a concern surely Wrexham should be concerned about Torquay fans buying Wrexham home tickets!
TimC
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TimC »

Just watched highlights of Maidenhead vs Wrexham and it appears that the Wrexham player sent off Hosannah, was a mistake, and it was Mullins who elbowed the player.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

StockyGull wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 23:27 I did was told there was nothing they could do. If security was that much of a concern surely Wrexham should be concerned about Torquay fans buying Wrexham home tickets!
I will let them know of your concerns!
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Just picked up sinclair Armstrong in my taxi, nice guy to chat to, made him promise to score against Wrexham on Saturday, preferably a hattrick 😄
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Whydoibother »

yes seen that too abHout about Mullins should have a 3 match ban instead of Hosannah. Typical he has 3 games he shoudlnt be playing in. They must be pissing themselves up there........sorry pal you have to be suspended :)
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Whydoibother wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 19:07 yes seen that too abHout about Mullins should have a 3 match ban instead of Hosannah. Typical he has 3 games he shoudlnt be playing in. They must be pissing themselves up there........sorry pal you have to be suspended :)
How shit must the ref's eyesight be, given that Mullins and Hosannah are different bloody races?
TUST member 203
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Mullin suspended for 3 games, starting tomorrow.

Lol
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.