Weymouth v Torquay United Sat 4 Dec KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Weymouth away, 4th december

Post by ministander »

Anyone travelling to this by train is in for a long trip!!
Torquay to Exeter, change, Exeter to Yeovil, change, not only change train, but change station!!
Yeovil to Yeovil pen mill, onwards to Weymouth!!, and the same returning.
just booked it, and taxi between stations in Yeovil, better be worth the hassle!! :clap:
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Did you look at the option of taking the Paddington train, getting off at Castle Cary then take the Weymouth train direct from there. Saves changing stations at Yeovil but don’t know how timings work out.

Also just a quick warning. The line between Yeovil and Weymouth is currently closed due to planned work on the tracks and isn’t due to reopen until 4th December. Hopefully the reopening won’t be delayed. There is a replacement bus service but this will add further time to the journey.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

much easier to travel with the Travel Club.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

ministander wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 12:59 Anyone travelling to this by train is in for a long trip!!
Torquay to Exeter, change, Exeter to Yeovil, change, not only change train, but change station!!
Yeovil to Yeovil pen mill, onwards to Weymouth!!, and the same returning.
just booked it, and taxi between stations in Yeovil, better be worth the hassle!! :clap:
May be worth hanging about in Weymouth until 20:20 to avoid a 2 hour wait at castle cary
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Weymouth away!! Need to win!!!! We absolutely don't have the confidence or form but I do think the players have the ability!! Hopefully a massive away following will drive us on to victory!!! Really need a win going in to the Christmas period!!!!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Big following and good day out, I’ll be there
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Anyone know how many we’ve sold?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

United expect the Yellow Army to take 600 Fans to the Bob Lucas Stadium for a game which both sides will be desperate to win.

Weymouth have lost their last 3 games conceding 11 goals and scoring just 3.

United have had a good week to work hard on their game and Gary and Aaron will want to see the team display the sort of attacking flair they showed in the last 10 minutes against Halifax.

Personally I hope Armstrong and Lolas start and we play 2 wingers who stick to the touch line and cross the ball into the box at every opportunity.

This is the type of game we need to be winning so lets hope the footballing gods do not serve up debateable decisions which cost us dearly at Barnet and Aldershot.

My heart says 2-1 to the Gulls my head says a draw.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

portugull wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 19:14 United expect the Yellow Army to take 600 Fans to the Bob Lucas Stadium for a game which both sides will be desperate to win.

Weymouth have lost their last 3 games conceding 11 goals and scoring just 3.

United have had a good week to work hard on their game and Gary and Aaron will want to see the team display the sort of attacking flair they showed in the last 10 minutes against Halifax.

Personally I hope Armstrong and Lolas start and we play 2 wingers who stick to the touch line and cross the ball into the box at every opportunity.

This is the type of game we need to be winning so lets hope the footballing gods do not serve up debateable decisions which cost us dearly at Barnet and Aldershot.

My heart says 2-1 to the Gulls my head says a draw.
600?
1-0 gulls
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Mrs Dawlish and I predict a high scoring game with Torquay winning 3-2.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly I don't believe we have the wide men to hurt them and if we were to play two up front and two wide we will again loose the middle of the park battle, my biggest concern of late.

Packing the midfield must be our first priority, we need ball winners in there, at both Barnet and Aldershot we were beaten to nearly every second ball, this needs fixing.

COYY
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

dawlishmatt I got my figure of 600 fans going to Weymouth from Torquay Talk contributor Danny Burnell.

You can read his post on TUFC Links yesterday posted at 12.04. He predicts a minimum of 600.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Hope we start with at least lolos and Armstrong up front, no reason why we can't get at them and attack from minute 1
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Armstrong on the bench with Homan/Lolos up front. Has Armstrong taken a bit of a knock?Image
TUST member 203
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Armstrong - I would guess only a knock to his confidence and Gary managing him.

Evans - Missing again, becoming worrying.