Transfer News & Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Fecking moaners ! Absolutely pathetic. Just because YOU have not heard of them does not mean they are not good players. How many players at other clubs do you even know anyway ? Very few I should imagine !!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 19:36 Thinking the same thing. No name chumps......

I'm sure one or two might do ok, but when you think about who has left and who is joining, it doesn't seem like we're improving.
Chumps? Charming….. if you haven’t got anything constructive to say don’t say anything at all.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I will say without attempting to engage the wrath of others these acquisitions are somewhat interesting ,we have no cover for the keeper or back four, one established striker with koszela and a first year pro as cover if they dont both go on loan,we seem to be breeding midfielders, I thnk its 9 at the moment. I realise we are a team in transistion but none of these signings actually scream to me we are promotion bound, I believe we have a nimber of triallists but these are players we overlooked for whatever reason and didnt geniounely want but they have turned up anyway in the hope of a contract.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

Some absolute tripe initially spouted on here… the last time I remember us signing a team of ‘seasoned pros’ or ‘big names’ we ended up with JP Pitman and Josh howling for Christ’s sake.

The youngsters signed this year, compared to last year are miles ahead. Just because you’ve ‘never heard of them’ doesn’t mean they’re crap, it just means your general football knowledge is. The only player I haven’t heard of before is Dylan Crowe, initial thoughts after looking him up are brilliant, as are the other 4 imo
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

They all look like good signings, plenty of potential in there. Hard not to get excited by signing Evans when he started a couple of championship games last season and is only 20. South West Foden
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

It’s also worth noting that last pre-season we were all raving about Rogers. You can’t properly judge them until September/October.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Gary Johnson has rebuilt and reinvented teams for decades..we have young fit athletic hungry players who will be trained managed and drilled properly. Looking at the players points to a high speed rapid attacking team. It’s not going to be dull.Hopefully a couple more quality loans and we have a team to compete.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 19:36 Thinking the same thing. No name chumps......

I'm sure one or two might do ok, but when you think about who has left and who is joining, it doesn't seem like we're improving.
Exactly who were you expecting to sign? Ffs
ITFC1
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ITFC1 »

notnow wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 20:19 Chumps? Charming….. if you haven’t got anything constructive to say don’t say anything at all.
Ipswich fan hear (Hope you dont mind me visiting the forum) You havent taken chumps in those guys you have taken to good young players. McGavin is a big powerful and skillful midfielder that can more than hold his own when featured for us. He'll do well for you. Crowe was a player that excited us. I think we all saw him as a big future talent but something happened, whether it was the interest from the premier league that distracted him or something else. Anyway, he is certainly a talent if he stays focussed.

Mcgavin: a really good one. Crowe could turn into a star or drift from football - hope he doesnt. Will watch there progress with interest.

Two good guys.
ITFC1
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ITFC1 »

This post from a forum a while back tells you a little about Mcgavin. It mentions Crowe also.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/454648/bre ... vin...-wow
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thanks for coming on the site and giving us a run down on them. Lets hope they can fulfill their potential with us !!

Always had a soft spot for Ipswich since the Arnold Muhren and Frans Thijssen days .........showing my age !!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 20:20 I will say without attempting to engage the wrath of others these acquisitions are somewhat interesting ,we have no cover for the keeper or back four, one established striker with koszela and a first year pro as cover if they dont both go on loan,we seem to be breeding midfielders, I thnk its 9 at the moment. I realise we are a team in transistion but none of these signings actually scream to me we are promotion bound, I believe we have a nimber of triallists but these are players we overlooked for whatever reason and didnt geniounely want but they have turned up anyway in the hope of a contract.
For god's sake its still June!
Why not wait and see until all new players are signed before talking about specific positions...
Give it a chance......
As for the last bit - hope do yoy know that?????
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

SWgull wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 20:58 Exactly who were you expecting to sign? Ffs
Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Gareth Bale, perhaps? All available on free transfers =D
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 22:44 For god's sake its still June!
Why not wait and see until all new players are signed before talking about specific positions...
Give it a chance......
As for the last bit - hope do yoy know that?????
I am excited to see we have brought in young talent for the season ahead.

At least provide them the opportunity to prove their worth before assessing their value to the club before they have even kicked a ball.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

They may be young players, but full of potential.

Evans - Clearly highly rated at Cardiff. 5 apps early last season in the Championship (2 starts). Looks creative, surprised Cardiff let him go to the National League.
Hanson - Captain at Dover at 21. Fee paid?
Crowe - Bags of potential here. Subject to a 300k bid from Huddersfield a few years ago. Capped up to England u19, interest from Man United and Leipzig at 18. A full season at this level could see him develop and fulfil his potential.
Jarvis - Relegated from League Two with Scunthorpe, but stats aren’t everything. One to watch.
McGavin - Highly rated at Ipswich along with Crowe. A full season under his belt at Kings Lynn will have done his development good.

These 5 signings may be youngsters, but they appear to be educated signings by GJ. One or two may not fulfil their potential but we could have some good prospects on our hands. Expect to see us playing free-flowing, fast football next season. Onwards