Neville Southall

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Neville Southall

Post by dawlishmatt »

I've just watched a YouTube video with Nigel Farage talking pints with Neville Southall. Southall must be at least 22 stone and it's such a shame that the once best keeper in the world has let himself go . It reminds me of Gazza .
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 20:49 I've just watched a YouTube video with Nigel Farage talking pints with Neville Southall. Southall must be at least 22 stone and it's such a shame that the once best keeper in the world has let himself go . It reminds me of Gazza .
He was very good but I’m not sure he was ever the ‘best keeper in the world’
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

One of Southall's post playing career jobs was as a teaching assistant at a Pupil Referral Unit in Wales helping by teaching job seeking and 'soft' skills. So definitely not like Gazza.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 20:49 I've just watched a YouTube video with Nigel Farage talking pints with Neville Southall. Southall must be at least 22 stone and it's such a shame that the once best keeper in the world has let himself go . It reminds me of Gazza .
Im sure Nev couldn't give a monkey about your view

I found it on Youtube, seems Southall was raising the issue that the most vulnerable don't get enough support

but hey dont worry about that, you'd rather comment on his physical appearance?

Pointless thread
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

That's all that people are interested in these days - the way you look, especially women. Never mind what you do, or what kind of person you are. As long as you look good, that's the most important.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Who cares what he looks like....a bloody good keeper in his day
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 17:12 Im sure Nev couldn't give a monkey about your view

I found it on Youtube, seems Southall was raising the issue that the most vulnerable don't get enough support

but hey dont worry about that, you'd rather comment on his physical appearance?

Pointless thread
Likewise my friend, I couldn't give a f*** about your opinion.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Dozy mutt at it again. Yer tablets not working yet then
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 21:35 Likewise my friend, I couldn't give a f*** about your opinion.
No problem, im happy to call out your nonsense, we don't all have to descend to the levels of shaming peoples appearance or swearing to get our point across :-D
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

More Hard-To-Swallow Pills:

Being 22 stone means you are incredibly physically unwell. Overeating is an addiction that costs billions in your pockets as tax-payers, and it's killing people because we're all too wuss to take responsibility for our own health.

"How you look" is things you can't help, like your hair colour, or freckles. It's not "choosing to have a consistent calorie excess."

And sorry, before the "you don't know their situation", no I don't, but the VAST majority of overweight people don't have some underlying condition.

Not trying to be mean, I just get very frustrated when people rush to defend a way of life that is LITERALLY killing people who'd rather die than accept blame.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

madgull wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 23:00 More Hard-To-Swallow Pills:

Being 22 stone means you are incredibly physically unwell. Overeating is an addiction that costs billions in your pockets as tax-payers, and it's killing people because we're all too wuss to take responsibility for our own health.

"How you look" is things you can't help, like your hair colour, or freckles. It's not "choosing to have a consistent calorie excess."

And sorry, before the "you don't know their situation", no I don't, but the VAST majority of overweight people don't have some underlying condition.

Not trying to be mean, I just get very frustrated when people rush to defend a way of life that is LITERALLY killing people who'd rather die than accept blame.
I'm not defending his weight, I'm calling out the self entitlement above

And jesus such a response to that, painful reading this site sometimes
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Christ , what we should be saying is hell did Torquay get him . Absolute legend. If you want to comment on his weight at his age or any age then sad on you.
Lucy