Yeovil v Torquay United Sun 1st Jan KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Just back from another 6 pointer lost.
Agree that 1st half we looked to be bossing it, but remember this is a very very poor Yeovil side and we should be beating them in both recent games played. We have problems all over the pitch, but we just cannot take our chances when we are on top.
We have 3 strikers well 2 as you cannot count Andrews and they are not capable of getting us out of this mess we are in.

Jarvis...although pleasing on the eye to our female supporters is simply not good enough. He is a link man at best and certainly not a goalscorer as his stats show as I have said before. I cannot recall a header he won from a long Halstead punt today. He is recently falling over and looking for a foul everytime it has become embarrassing watching him. Not even sure if he is fit like soo many. We need better than him

Goodwin...not at his best today, is he returning to Stoke if so thank you, but again I am not sure he is going to get us out of this.
Also I am not sure Jarvis and Goodwin can play together, maybe better playing Evans furthe forward.

Andrews...I won't waste my time with him. Although he did retrieve the ball for there keeper in the latter stages....No doubt on ok money to be a ball retriever !

2 strikers A Right back and a ball winning midfielder is a must....but who trusts Gj to get them ?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Can't win can you ! When we play well it's because the opposition are crap, when we have a good strike which the keeper dives to push for a corner it's an easy save.
I'm the first to admit when we are poor and the commitment is not there but today that wasn't the case.
Goals completely change the view of the game, if we had scored the goal 10 minutes from time and won the game 1-0
people would be saying what a good, solid performance.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Too much talk of respecting the opposition in the post match interview.

It comes down to standards, expectations and conviction and Gary Johnson and the management are not holding any of these right now.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 20:58 Can't win can you ! When we play well it's because the opposition are crap, when we have a good strike which the keeper dives to push for a corner it's an easy save.
I'm the first to admit when we are poor and the commitment is not there but today that wasn't the case.
Goals completely change the view of the game, if we had scored the goal 10 minutes from time and won the game 1-0
Respectfully commitment will not get us results as today has showed once again.
It is like a repeat showing from the BBC, all 802 of us know take your chances and we would have won against a truly awful Yeovil side.
Goals win matches and our strike force simply aint good enough, as was proven again today.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DevonBee wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 20:41 2 strikers A Right back and a ball winning midfielder is a must....but who trusts Gj to get them ?
I expect Umerah the prolific Hartlepool striker is out our reach.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 20:58 Can't win can you ! When we play well it's because the opposition are crap, when we have a good strike which the keeper dives to push for a corner it's an easy save.
Sorry past the point of caring about performances the only important thing is 3pts

Yet again we have 0
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

🙈 just doing my job….

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Very disappointed with our return of 1 point from 6 over the festive period against a poor Yeovil side!! The difference IMO was they had players on the bench to come on and change things. Linton in the first game could of scored a second half hat trick and the Peterborough loonee killed us with his pace.
We lack pace throughout the team particularly at the back and the rest of the league know this. Just listen to Mark Coopers interview. This was clear to see from the pre season friendy against an excellent Plymouth side. However we papered over the cracks a week later with our 1-0 win over City thanks to a remarkable display from Halstead. Think we've been ahead on ten occasions and thrown away the lead. That tells me we are a soft touch both at home and away. We don't have a particularly easy run in with Notts County, Wrexham, Chesterfield amongst others licking their lips at the prospect of playing us.
Unfortunately relegation now seems certain. Evans and Goodwin will return to their clubs having gained valuable experience and will be better for it. No point in looking back but it's hard to believe we had players such as Little, Evans, Duke, Armstrong, Lewis, Wynter pulling on the yellow shirt only last season. Seems a long time ago now!!!