Torquay v Halifax - 7th January 2023 - 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

First time this season I have seen us play with any real heart. Thought they fought like they really wanted it. Hope this spirit continues.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Great result and by the sounds of it on the radio, a good performance.
Shows what happen when you have the experience in the team - plus Donnellan & Wyatt.
Hope we can build on this and it makes it more galling that we dropped 4pts at home to Scunny and Gateshead.
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

teddiebear wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 17:05 That result will upset a few
The Johnson out Brigade care just as much as the keep Johnson crowd.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Just back from a welcome hard fought victory in horrendous conditions. A valuable 3 points for sure.
Thankfully we saw the game out. New loanee Aguiar had to deal with some hard tackles as he was welcomed to
the NL. Lapslie was immense , covered every blade of wet grass. Need to keep him fit for sure.
We need to follow this up with a win v Bromley who I think will be more of a test.
COYY
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

No nagattive vibes, but why no mention of Goodwin or Wearne leaving the club?, Johnson knew this was happening, so why not front it up to the fans in his press conference? it's this type of non communication that p*sses fans off.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Ref made a rod for his own back with the early poor decision to book Moxey, just led to both sides protesting that any foul was a yellow
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:17 No nagattive vibes, but why no mention of Goodwin or Wearne leaving the club?, Johnson knew this was happening, so why not front it up to the fans in his press conference? it's this type of non communication that p*sses fans off.
Agree with this entirely
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 17:51 3 vital points thats the only thing that mattered

Big wins for Oldham and Scunthorpe too

This result only matters if we follow it up against Bromley on the 17th

MoM for me was Donnellan, has to do his own job and continually tidy up the mistakes from Crowe

Crowd supported the team right to the end - few boos towards GJ when it was just him there which are deserved (he decided he would clap the fans today...)
The boos were undeserved with what he has to work with, the confinement and constraints.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Stickingitin wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 23:11 The boos were undeserved with what he has to work with, the confinement and constraints.
Fully deserved, his team, his recruitment, terrible season so far.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Must be something wrong with people who boo after a win and fully committed performance from the team and management Stay at home and boo at the telly , we are better off without you.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Second week running I have been soaked, Yeovil understandable but perhaps they could put up some plastic side panels on the family stand but I am sure there are more pressing areas for spending money on.
I thought we were comfortable today, Halifax did not offer much and the win was huge but be under no illusion against better teams we will have issues, we have a difficult month ahead but I am hoping the confidence of yesterdays win will spread to points,.
Lapslie was back to his terrier best, Donnellan continues to grow and covered for Crowes mistakes time after time, although in Crowes defence he is much more comfortable at wing back and has a good foot on him, Jarvis was assaulted so many times by their centre back but led the line superbly, Aquair had a good debut and will only get better when he and Jarvis gell.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Booing a win is absolutely pathetic. Probably the same ones who booed Armani Little.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

desperado wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 09:54 Must be something wrong with people who boo after a win and fully committed performance from the team and management Stay at home and boo at the telly , we are better off without you.
I personally didn't feel the need to boo but as a ST holder who has had the displeasure of seeing every home game this season, I understand it

There was full support for the team during the game which was the main thing
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

This was another typical National League battle between 2 committed sides and throughout you just sensed that one goal would settle it.

In the first 10 minutes we made several good attacks and Ben Wyatt made 2 or 3 powerful runs with the ball.

United put in a very committed performance in horrible conditions and I give credit to every single member of the team plus the subs for getting only our second home win of the season.I did not hear any boos but I shot out the Stadium as soon as the ref blew for time.

How can you boo your team after that gutsy performance?