Torquay v Barnet - Sat 18th February - 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

I guess with the reaction to the number of pages after a win are because most would have expected to be half way up this league table by now.
Us season ticket holders would not have envisaged how far we have fallen since that afternoon at Ashton Gate.
Sure there will be many pages to view through for the armchair supporters to view on the ‘ end of season review ‘ after the Wrexham game.
Let’s all enjoy the hard earned 3 points yesterday,
I will be on the Dorking terrace in the crucial game,supporting the boys… and duly have an opinion win, lose or draw. COYY
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Gull in black wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 10:02 What a great day to be at Plainmoor.
When the team was announced my fear of a Groundhog Day defeat were made worse when I heard Ross Marshall in the starting line-up.
Our four man defence coped well with the Barnet attack with good performances from all four and probably the best we’ve seen of Ross Marshall.
Lawrence and Lapslie both outstanding.
Another strong game from Aaron Jarvis and great for Tope to get tuck away a strikers goal.
I know we won but … one of the best refs we’ve seen. He sorted out the off the ball blocking of Tope early on and didn’t allow Gilbert to get in this ear after every decision.
A great all round performance from the team - bring on Dorking.

I will not deny I have not been a fan of Marshall…not helped by his shirt tugging .
I feared when I saw the team sheet but yesterday he did his job well. Clearly his best performance for us, by far
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Aldershot 100% are or will be safe from relagation, why fans think they'll get dragged into things is a weird one, I think Maidstone look likely to drop, then for me it's any 3 from 7 possibly 8 max, put it this way, if we were in Aldershot as position now, I think we'd feel safe
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 10:22 Aldershot 100% are or will be safe from relagation, why fans think they'll get dragged into things is a weird one, I think Maidstone look likely to drop, then for me it's any 3 from 7 possibly 8 max, put it this way, if we were in Aldershot as position now, I think we'd feel safe
Just a thought worth pointing out MrTea...if we were to win our 3 games in hand of Aldershot ( a tall order ) we would be on the same points as those Shots !!!! :-D
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

A good win and well deserved.
Both strikers scoring made a difference in the fine margin of winning or losing, we definitely need at least three strikers fit to be able to carry on the momentum.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hopefully Collins and the elusive Crole will be on the bench soon as yesterday was a bit worrying with no striker on there
only 3 defenders and a midfielder.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 10:22 Aldershot 100% are or will be safe from relagation, why fans think they'll get dragged into things is a weird one, I think Maidstone look likely to drop, then for me it's any 3 from 7 possibly 8 max, put it this way, if we were in Aldershot as position now, I think we'd feel safe
As I said and someone else has pointed out, they've played 33 games already and could easily be sucked into a relegation fight.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 15:47 As I said and someone else has pointed out, they've played 33 games already and could easily be sucked into a relegation fight.
ANYONE from Aldershot downwards are still possible candidates for the drop. My four are Maidstone, Scunthorpe, Dorking and Gateshead.

Southend "may" not be in business after their High Court date with the HMRC on 1st March.....they owe £1.4 million, so that would mean the 21st team would be reprieved.

Additionally, Gateshead have not yet been "dealt with" for playing a suspended player at Plainmoor earlier in the season. They should face a points deduction and a fine.

A long way to go, and a lot of points to play for. We just need to keep clean sheets and go on a winning run.
COYY
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I hear what people are saying, but we'd all want points on the board rather than games in-hand, Aldershot I have no doubt are/will be safe, they are a decent side on their day, and I know we beat them up at Plainmoor, but that wasn't the real Aldershot, to many clubs between Scunthorpe and 17th or 18th in the table currently, like I said, we'd love to be in Aldershots position right now, for me York, Dorking, Yeovil,poss Maidenhead look catchable and in danger.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Not forgetting we have another 6 pointer in Aldershot away as well to look forward to