Torquay v Wrexham Tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Wxmfan wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 10:36 I won’t wear colours, won’t celebrate, and don’t have a welsh accent, so it won’t be obvious, but I would love to be able to say I was there, hopefully in the years to come.
Yea! but you'll still wear your wellington boots, so to protect our sheep the answers No!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

In case any Wrexham fans coming on here grovelling for tickets haven't quite got the message...

:lol:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Pretty sure The Shay or is it The New Shay has a much bigger capacity than Plainmoor.
If we're safe I'd still hope 2500 home fans would be there, if we're already relegated I'd hope 1800 turn up to hopefully see us beat Wrexham. If we need points from the last game, maybe we'd bring 5000 anyhow.
The club wouldn't give you the Popular side or the Family stand, this leaves the Bench and a lot of ST holders who won't want to move, myself included.

Also, and most importantly, I don't think the police would sanction such a large away following, regardless of how many turn up without tickets. I'd imagine, the clubs view won't change now regardless of our position come the final game. Of course financially it would make sense to have 6000 there, but that would alienate so many Torquay supporters, and they'll need every one next season.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Taelee73 wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 20:14 Pretty sure The Shay or is it The New Shay has a much bigger capacity than Plainmoor.
Correct, it has a capacity of 10,401. I also believe that for most of the season one stand is closed down, so Halifax aren't being totally altruistic towards Wrexham by giving them 4,500 tickets since they can still accommodate their own fans and maintain segregation.
Wrexham are getting an away allocation in accordance with National League regulations at Plainmoor and if long standing supporters cannot get tickets because new plastic supporters that a problem between them and their club. It's not our problem so they should shut up about getting more tickets or moving the game.
Friendly Wrexham fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Friendly Wrexham fan »

Cheddargull wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 21:15 Correct, it has a capacity of 10,401. I also believe that for most of the season one stand is closed down, so Halifax aren't being totally altruistic towards Wrexham by giving them 4,500 tickets since they can still accommodate their own fans and maintain segregation.
Wrexham are getting an away allocation in accordance with National League regulations at Plainmoor and if long standing supporters cannot get tickets because new plastic supporters that a problem between them and their club. It's not our problem so they should shut up about getting more tickets or moving the game.
You're right, if roles were reversed you would get 1200 tickets max.
Our problem is that the club have failed to implement a loyalty scheme which is fit for purpose so 7200 ST holders want to come to Torquay despite many of them probably never having travelled away before.
The free for all for these ST holders means regular travelling fans have missed out, which isn't your problem but explains the desperation of some to get tickets.
We don't expect to be given more tickets, but selfishly we will be hoping your season is over before then which may make some available in the home end.
Finally, I saw one of your fans was nervous about taking their 7 year old for fear of trouble, despite what some may think, the vast majority of our fans will be well behaved and respectful, I hope everyone gets to enjoy the game.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Torquayonatuesdayni wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 18:11 Greetings,

Aging Wrexham fan here. A different slant on things. As one who has been to Torquay many times , especially on Tuesday nights as one of our relegation songs went, not everything is as black and white as some are making out.

I’m lucky and got tickets this morning for 3 generations of Wrexham fans. However many of my friends, some of whom haven’t missed a game home or away in the last decade missed out. Especially if we have something to play for such as promotion, missing the game will be heart breaking. Long way to go before that scenario comes into play but it might.

The Hollywood bandwagon has brought new support. Sadly our ticking system only understands have you got a season ticket and not have you seen x,y,,z away games over the last umpteen seasons.

Hopefully you will have a great run and be safe come our fixture resulting in limited home interest allowing for a greater away allocation.

Nothing to play for Halifax have allocated us about 4,500 tickets that have all been sold for Good Friday. ££££’s un the bank. Hopefully you’ll be able to do the same.

you have a 6 pointer against York coming up. They were a shadow of their early season team when we played them a couple of weeks back. You have every chance of beating them.

Hopefully we’ll play again in the football league in the not too distant future. We are all football fans so are, in the main, dreamers. We could never have dreamt our current fantasy. You may be next. Who knows.

Good luck and see you for a promotion and staying up party. Now that has a good ring to it. Hears hoping.
We
dont
care
about
your
fans
missing
out
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Case in point from their site
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-03 235814.png
NorthWalian
Trialist
Trialist

Post by NorthWalian »

Hi all. Wrexham fan here that has missed one game all season and unfortunately missed out on tickets yesterday.

As you can probably imagine, after 15 long years in non league the thought of potentially missing our last ever game down here would be devastating.

I don't want to patronise you, you're a decent club with much more important things to worry about than accommodating a few more Wrexham fans. Some of the stuff from our side moaning about the allocation and asking you to move the fixture to Bristol City(!?) among other places was embarrassing.

To cut to the chase, me and a mate are willing to pay £150 each for a ticket anywhere in the stadium. We're not idiots and are perfectly capable of restraining ourselves if Wrexham were to score. We'd look like your run of the mill groundhoppers, not adding much to the atmosphere but not causing any bother.

If anyone is willing to sell tickets please private message me and we can sort the details.

Cheers
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 18:45 Patronising prick
Succinctly put there KingsGull.... :clap: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

NorthWalian wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 05:38As you can probably imagine, after 15 long years in non league the thought of potentially missing our last ever game down here would be devastating.

Untitled-4.jpg
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
NorthWalian
Trialist
Trialist

Post by NorthWalian »

NorthWalian wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 05:38 Hi all. Wrexham fan here that has missed one game all season and unfortunately missed out on tickets yesterday.

As you can probably imagine, after 15 long years in non league the thought of potentially missing our last ever game down here would be devastating.

I don't want to patronise you, you're a decent club with much more important things to worry about than accommodating a few more Wrexham fans. Some of the stuff from our side moaning about the allocation and asking you to move the fixture to Bristol City(!?) among other places was embarrassing.

To cut to the chase, me and a mate are willing to pay £150 each for a ticket anywhere in the stadium. We're not idiots and are perfectly capable of restraining ourselves if Wrexham were to score. We'd look like your run of the mill groundhoppers, not adding much to the atmosphere but not causing any bother.

If anyone is willing to sell tickets please private message me and we can sort the details.

Cheers
Sorted.

Thank you very much to those that private messaged me, I'm very grateful for your help.

Looking forward to a great weekend on the English Riviera to hopefully end our stint in non league purgatory.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Emailed the admins

Away fans in the home ends will cause trouble

this site shouldnt be a platform to make that easier

This and future threads on the topic need removing
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

NorthWalian wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 16:21 Sorted.

Thank you very much to those that private messaged me, I'm very grateful for your help.

Looking forward to a great weekend on the English Riviera to hopefully end our stint in non league purgatory.
I hope non of our fans are helping Wrexham fans gain access to the home end.
I have nothing against fans wanting to see their team triumph but it isn’t our problem you can’t gain access through the correct channels.
I am sure you and most will be respectful but I can assure you some won’t and it will cause trouble.
Do the right thing Torquay fans
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Not that respectful. Could thank them privately without publicising it on here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Obviously a wind up. Enough now.
Thread Locked
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com