New Signing - Frank Nouble

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

New Signing - Frank Nouble

Post by happytorq »

https://torquayunited.com/67880-2/

Frank Nouble joins till end of season. Formerly of Chelsea and West Ham, most recently Newport, Plymouth and Colchester.

A big lad, as I recall. Somewhat of a journeyman, but he's undoubtedly an upgrade on what we've had before.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just what we need IMHO
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

On paper not a lot to fault about this signing. Having seen this guy play before the upgrade is changing our current crop of car wrecks to a Lamborghini. Be good for our young fans to see speed, strength and step overs all in one movement.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Good addition , he will not have come cheap but a proven goal scorer all through his career, so uncle clarkes has taken the padlock of his purse, that will upset a few.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:06 Good addition , he will not have come cheap but a proven goal scorer all through his career, so uncle clarkes has taken the padlock of his purse, that will upset a few.
Pity its take till now when its (almost) too late....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

That's what I was thinking. If he had arrived even half a dozen games ago might have made a difference and created some openings with his presence. Hardly what you'd call a goalscorer though with a goal every 7 games but got to be an improvement on Tope but I'm afraid it's too late now - miracle required.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Frank Nouble is a target man/big presence upfront, but NOT a proven goal scorer, his record shows that, and more recently in the past 4/5 seasons he's hardly netted at all, this to me sounds or feels like Jarvis could be off now, I'm not sure what I feel about the signing, it's okay, but not really that great if I'm being honest, to little to late, people on this forum praising Clarke Osborne must have screw loose or be completely out to lunch.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Good to have another attacking option! Great news!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

An experienced striker, let’s hope his goals might just keep us up. We need a miracle… no pressure then .
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

One player Frank will know well will be Tom Lapslie from their time at Colchester United.

Although not prolific this could be a big opportunity for the big man and he has 9 games to become our saviour. Dream on I hear you say but you never know!
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Time will tell but for me it's the midfield that needs to be boosted and indeed has been the weak link all season. No protection for the defence and no consistent service for the strikers. Unless that changes, Frank could be Harry and it still wouldn't help!

Hopefully I'm wrong though!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:06 Good addition , he will not have come cheap but a proven goal scorer all through his career, so uncle clarkes has taken the padlock of his purse, that will upset a few.
Should have allowed the budget for some signings a while ago, certainly minimal credit to CO for this signing
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

Just a thought, is he here for the last few games to see if he fits? ready for a player/manager role next season??
its far too late to save us from relegation in my opinion, but could well be an excellent starting point for next season. the guy would have some great contacts im sure, and at 31 still young enough to play week in week out.
Whats the thoughts of others?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

That’s a thought that is worth thinking about!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

knightmaregull wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 19:11 Unless that changes, Frank could be Harry and it still wouldn't help!

Hopefully I'm wrong though!
we dont get given enough soft penalties for Harry Kane to make a difference.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.