Johnson latest drivel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

While you say that part time shouldn't be considered, we keep getting beat by part time clubs.
I can't see the point of turning away better players than we have got just because they want to stay part time.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

See that Mark Cooper has said that both Murphy and Hyde are "out for the foreseeable" but they still have 3 strikers to choose from !!!

He also said that another striker has been signed and will join the club today !!

If only we had that option. Would be nice.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

This again to me highlights the Yeovil budget to be bigger than ours. We are told our budget is good, but it will be against part time clubs.

This is not a criticism, just the way it is.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Good posting Dave, Budgets obviously play a huge part in the clubs thinking as it should do, some are bigger than ours which in my thinking means you have to spend what you have wisely, blow most if not all in the summer as we seem to have done on players for a supposed full time club who were at best only expected to contibute on a part time basis is stupdiidy on a grand scale. Its nearly three months since we have muddled along without a recognised target man , we have tried under johnsons geriaitric thinking to play centre halfs and midfielders in that role which was a disaster at Hereford, then a knee jerk loan signing of a centre forward who lasted less than five minutes but is still on wages.
If there was a manual on how not to manage a football team then Johnson would feature so heavily, we would call it his autobigraphy.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brewers boy wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 20:59 While you say that part time shouldn't be considered, we keep getting beat by part time clubs.
I can't see the point of turning away better players than we have got just because they want to stay part time.
If this post was in response to mine, if you read my last sentence again, whereby I talk about whether a hybrid approach having some part-time players along side our full-time professionals if that was workable, I think it suggests we agree with each other.

Where I said part time shouldn't be considered to expand, what I meant there is the club in the main, should remain a full time club, to go part time lock stock and two smoking barrels would close off a huge pool of potential signings UK wide.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not think after the takeover went through at Yeovil, anyone amongst the fanbase here at TUFC doubted for one moment that Yeovil had significant resources, and a budget almost certainly bigger than ours.

However it goes back to the same common denominator time, time and time again, it's what you do with the money you have got, Yeovil's scouting and recruitment has been lightyears ahead of ours, Yeovil have recently benefitted from a number of players from Taunton Town, admittedly these players were closer to Yeovil than Torquay, but it just shows up our own deficiency in our scouting, for those who keep banging on, it's not poor old Gary's fault our location is such a problem, these players were all South West based probably with in a 50 mile radius of Torquay.

And to a lesser extent Truro have also benefitted from knowing where the best South West based players are, for instance we don't have a fully fit,stroke fit for purpose left back at the club, yet Ryan Law, a former Teign school pupil and Kingsteignton based lad released from Plymouth is playing for Truro, and of course you've got Aldershot taking players from Willand right on our doorstep.

A talent pool of players was hiding in plain sight, yet we forked out a kings ransom on a coupled of old rusty tug boats, and we wonder why some put part of blame rightfully on GJ.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

So it's Olly Thomas heading to Yeovil. An 18 year old forward on loan from Bristol City.
Think I remember his parent club from a few years ago !!!
Oh what memories!!
Brings their attacking options up to 4, with Hyde and Murphy on the treatment table!
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Olly Thomas played on loan for Yeovil earlier this season but was recalled early so he could play for Newport County in League 2. They had Sonny Cox from Exeter too before he was recalled to their playing squad.

I'm not sure that Yeovil have a big budget because their squad is fairly small I think. They seem to prefer it that way bringing in players that can add to the squad when needed and therefore not have players sitting around getting demotivated if they don't get much game time.
Last edited by Vick on 29 Jan 2024, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

^ I should also add that Mark Cooper let some players go before getting in some of their new players. Josh Staunton left by mutual consent, Jordan McGuire-Drew went out on loan to NL side Barnet and Alex Fisher is out on loan at Oxford City. Will Buse was also out on loan at Bath City before his injury and Linton was on loan at Taunton before their financial problems. Now he is on loan at Weymouth. It seems to me that Cooper is doing a good job of balancing the books while maintaining a decent playing squad.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Latest interview a broken man with no answers.
Needs to do the decent thing for his health and resign .
Open the door for his son here no doubt 🤔
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Can't even bring myself to listen to GJ any more, no we don't want Lee Johnson either. This has been said by a few, and I totally agree with them, time for a young, hungry up and coming coach, who knows this level, can prove he knows where the best young talent is, and can prove he can develop young players.

Unlike GJ who's thrown many a young player right under a fast moving bus here TUFC, and we wonder why they all go to bigger better things.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Where’s the latest drivel ?
Must have done press call last night.
Or has he gone ?
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Proud of his players.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Whatever he says, he will be ripped apart. Personally, I found the last interview really uncomfortable viewing, he looks and sounds broken. By all accounts, yesterday's performance was much improved and going by the predictions on here, took many by surprise.
Nobody knows for sure what's going on with GJ, we're all pretty sure what's going on with CO. It bothers me seeing the amount of toxicity being levelled at the players and management when the root problem is clear.
Wasting my breath, I know. How many wanted Mike Bateson gone for his lack of ambition, how many wish we were still a L2 club with no ambition?
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

If anyone wennt last night...proud of his players !! He said.
OK but did he go and clap the Yellow Army after the match ??