Johnson latest drivel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We do not even get the respect of a post match to camera, just a few words by someone dictated to someone. that says it all.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

I am anticipating a breaking news story about the manager departing.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Vick wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 23:01 I am anticipating a breaking news story about the manager departing.
Dream on my friend !!! Why walk away from a well paid job where you are not gonna get dismissed, you don’t front up to your mistakes and “work” 2-3 days a week at most !
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

The Gaffer? More like the Great Incompetent Guffer!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 23:21 Dream on my friend !!! Why walk away from a well paid job where you are not gonna get dismissed, you don’t front up to your mistakes and “work” 2-3 days a week at most !
How dare you? I bet Johnson and Downes got the defenders in for a special training session this morning. Right now they are at the training ground. Bedding in the new defenders and instilling confidence for tuesday. That is what a good manager does. :whistle:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

TommyGunn wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 09:51 How dare you? I bet Johnson and Downes got the defenders in for a special training session this morning. Right now they are at the training ground. Bedding in the new defenders and instilling confidence for tuesday. That is what a good manager does. :whistle:
Is this sarcasm? I can’t tell.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well GJ's latest after match interview was anything to go by, it is to me, the most sure fire sign yet, of a manager who's knows he isn't getting sacked, knows he's got the job at Torquay as long as he wants it, and has completely and totally given up to the point he comes across now like he really doesn't care anymore.

If I was a full time employee at TUFC right now I'd be nervous enough to be looking for another job, can see less than 1,500 in for the next home game, fans aren't going take this anymore.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

1500, each one donating £1 to GJ weekly wage for doing sod all.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

In no doubt of that, but gates of 1,500 or less will only heighten the losses, which again the continued employment and failure to remove the entire first team coaching and recruitment staff is becoming more bizarre by the hour, as a business decision.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 10:04 Is this sarcasm? I can’t tell.
If I was Gary Johnson I wouldn't have slept well last night. I would be taking a good long hard look at myself and my defensive coach.
No Sunday off as we need to sort out some problems with shambolic defending for Tuesday.
FIFTEEN goals conceded in 4 games means nobody deserves a Sunday off this week.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Getting a bit sick of people telling me I shouldn't go to watch Torquay.
I'll be there for the next home match, whatever happens in-between.i support Torquay United,, the team and the club. I'm always aware there may not be 'another' game to go to one day, and so I'll keep going to as many as I can.

Less income means more chance Osbourne will convince the council TQ need to move away from Plainmoor to a 'money making' new venue.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 12:52 Getting a bit sick of people telling me I shouldn't go to watch Torquay.
I'll be there for the next home match, whatever happens in-between.i support Torquay United,, the team and the club. I'm always aware there may not be 'another' game to go to one day, and so I'll keep going to as many as I can.

Less income means more chance Osbourne will convince the council TQ need to move away from Plainmoor to a 'money making' new venue.

Couldn't agree more. We are awful at the moment, but that will not stop me going. I believe in supporting your team through the good and bad times.

One point of interest, I think. At Worthing I sat very near George Edwards and he was as animated as any fan, punching the air when we scored. I have no idea what the owners plan to do with the club in future, but from what I saw at Worthing George Edwards clearly cares about the team. I am certain his behaviour was not for show, either.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If some are getting sick and tired of being told by people not to go and watch TUFC , then they really need to show some evidence of the numerous times they've been told this, and by whom. Because I haven't seen a single post on any platform telling a single individual they have to boycott a game.

I have seen posts advocating a boycott, I happen to agree with them, Boycotts 'ARE' a personal choice, if ones organised and some wish to join it, great, if others don't wish to join it and want to attend the game, great, that's what freedom to decide and personal choice is.

Like we have freedom to believe or not to believe CO wants to build a new ground to improve the financial position of TUFC and for the betterment of TUFC, some believe in, Fairies, Leprechauns, Flat Earth and geo engineered clouds that's the beauty of freedom of choice.

Never worth getting annoyed about.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Looking forward to the next batch of excuses from the Gaffer. Who will he blame for this latest shambles of a display ?
Positives Dawson back and Hanson gone so something to cling on to.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It would be somewhat appeasing at least if the manager on occasion took full responsibility for the performances.

Strong leaders take accountability for underperformance and give credit to the team when they succeed.