Osborne's Next Move?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Osborne's Next Move?

Post by greb46 »

Be interesting to know what Osborne will do next ?Will he get rid of Johnson or carry on with him?Will Johnson resign?
If GJ leaves what does everyone think Osborne's next move will be? Questions that will presumably need to be answered ASAP to decide in which direction the club will be going.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll be the last to know......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Not sure Johnson is going to go.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

If he walked away and we went into liquidation that is probably a middle ranged outcome
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think it's become obvious or at least should have become obvious. I just couldn't justify spending up to £30 of my hard earned money going yesterday, I was 90% certain it would be a disaster , and take no pleasure in it turning out to be so, just find my anger and frustration growing, I was one of number who said in November 2022 the club needed to change course, if I could be arsed to look back at my pre-season postings, I could show I was one of number who predicted this season wouldn't pan out well at all, however even I didn't think it'd turn out this bad.

I listened to the BBC commentary, and it clearly was the epitome of disaster, injuries aside we should be able to compete, however yesterday we're forced into playing three at the back because we never started the season with enough defensive cover, for those who still moan about budgets, despite CO and GJ saying he did have the backing, Hall couldn't be picked to start, because like an injured cricket batsman, he can't play without a runner, he's probably our biggest earner, and then because we've light all season on strikers, Ash is forced to play up on his own, I mean come on Ash, lone striker, don't know whether to laugh or cry here.

Rumours growing around the net, that both Stobbs and DOA were supposed to have played yesterday but turned up injured, if that's true, my good god, where is there left to turn.

All roads lead back to Gary Johnson on our continued failure on the pitch, yet here we are, GJ is still the manager, the club still silent, despite the vocal after match protests outside the main entrance, the fact that now 99% of the fanbase have lost all faith in the manager , even Bristow's bench I hear joined in with Johnson out chants yesterday.

If CO had any wish to rebuild this club, a new manager would be in place now, giving time to work on things, and get plans in place for next season so we're ready to hit the ground running.

Said a few times now GJ is CO's useful idiot, Osbourne's next move is the further death by 1000 cuts of Torquay United football club, time to hound these reptiles out of our club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

GJ is carrying out the plan to a letter. Is is almost as if he is not being paid to manage TUFC, but to sell his legacy as a smokescreen to help hide Osborne’s nefarious plans.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Personally, I would not be expecting any announcement today. If Johnson is going it will be announced tomorrow. Yesterday certainly felt like it was a new, all time low. However, in the cold light of day, I am still not convinced even yesterday's horror show will bring about a change. There is absolutely no footballing reason that Johnson should remain. The next 24 hours will tell us all we need to know about the club, I think many of us fear the worst.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

SWgull, remember this is torquay united, we never make announcements. it will only oocur if it does about 10 minutes before tursdays kick off.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Next Saturday, time to boycott? Peaceful protest? I’ve hardly been all season after hardly missing a game for years, we all knew who Osborne was when he took over, but we were probably just grateful to stay in business.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Is not a rumour about Stobbs and Ofori - Johnson said that in his interview
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Yes, Stobbs and Ofori were fit until Friday morning supposedly. Only they or GJ will know if they were in fact touch and go all week. If GJ was In the dark until Friday, then I feel some sympathy for him tbh.

No one moaned much when the players from last season signed on again for this one. We just didn't realise how much Nicho, Noble and Dawson had bought to those last 10 games.

Take away the loss of Dawson, then Stobbs and Collins total lack of form, then the team from the end of last season is 5 players down already.

I imagined pretty much every single one of us had assumed we were going to lose heavily yesterday, I predicted 0-3. Although not as one sided as it actually was.

Booth may turn out to be decent for us, if played in the right position. I expect he's even been told he'll be the next captain if things go well. We need a vocal leader on and off the pitch.

Moxey and WJD return on Tuesday, with Booth in there as well, must add something more to the team. Stobbs possibly back on Saturday and we look better on paper. I'll be there Saturday, it won't be fun no doubt, but I won't be boycotting, I just can't do it.
york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

To us as fans GJs position is untenable, is bleeding obvious, CO is either incapable (or willing) to pull the trigger. The next 4 games include 3 (Maidstone, Slough & Braintree) who are either in a playoff position or would fancy a run at getting in with a strong second half of the season. I think GJs future is decided in the next fortnight, with the culmination of events resulting in an empty dugout for Farnborough away….

Can’t believe I’m saying this, think it’s the duration of time that has passed since we’ve been in the football league, but…I’d accept another season in the NLS if it meant we had a manager / plan that we can get behind, I just don’t hold too much hope in the short term…

For me the plan for TUFC over the next few years should be a simple one, set a budget that we can live within to stabilise our financial outlook, galvanise the community with decent two ways comms and slowly re-build. Whilst I don’t believe a new stadium will built under COs ownership, the prospect frightens the living hell out of me. The structuring of the finance will put us at risk, and Darlington comes to mind….new stadium which effectively pushed them into administration almost 10 years later and the club disappearing down the pyramid. Pray that doesn’t happen to us.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

I’ve seen a few posts over the last few months that mention the council not owning Plainmoor but the local residents? Does anyone know where to find this legal info?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Never mind, interesting old topic here on the subject

viewtopic.php?t=9196
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Taelee73 wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 16:47 Yes, Stobbs and Ofori were fit until Friday morning supposedly. Only they or GJ will know if they were in fact touch and go all week. If GJ was In the dark until Friday, then I feel some sympathy for him tbh.
In all respect of your opinion here. If TUFC a full time professional football club, have found itself in the position whereby it's first team manager is in the dark until Friday morning as to who's fit and who isn't, then it's worse than I thought. This isn't the SDL where managers are phoning around Friday night/Saturday morning to conform who's turning up to the game.

This would suggest GJ wasn't at the club all last week and was fed bum information, or he was at the club and was fed bum information, either way, it's job of the first team manager to make sure all backroom staff are doing their jobs correctly.
Formerly known as forevertufc