Message to the "protesters"

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Message to the "protesters"

Post by North Curry House »

PLEASE try and support the team against Slough. Let us ALL spur the team on to three points.

Last week on the pitch was poor but even worse off it! With what was a shambolic "walkout". It looked like it was not very well thought out, no doubt borne out of frustration in the playground, the actions of a few disgruntled schoolboys.

Colorado had a good idea.....if you can not support the team, then stay away.

COYY
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

And if you slag off our Gary on your old bedsheets, Uncle George will slap your wrist.

Or ban you for life.

You have been warned on the OS.
TUST member 200 ;-)
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

more tone deaf nonsense-

Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

North Curry House wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 15:34 PLEASE try and support the team against Slough. Let us ALL spur the team on to three points.

Last week on the pitch was poor but even worse off it! With what was a shambolic "walkout". It looked like it was not very well thought out, no doubt borne out of frustration in the playground, the actions of a few disgruntled schoolboys.

COYY
Hear, hear.

Supporters who believe they have the right to turn on their own team, on the basis they’ve paid to get in, have very little understanding of human nature.

For context, last Saturday was the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Torquay team. I’m not under any illusions. But, if we want this to improve we have to get right behind the lads during the game.

If you want to protest, after the game is the time to do it.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Wouldn't want the wrong fans there...
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

The protests are not aimed at the team. They are aimed at the owner and the management.
Nothing changes through meek obedience. The protesters are as concerned for the future of TUFC as any of us .
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

North Curry House wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 15:34 PLEASE try and support the team against Slough. Let us ALL spur the team on to three points.

COYY
The shambolic display was on the pitch not off it.
The protest is a build up of 2 years plus failure from our owners,our management and the way this joke of a se up is run from top to bottom.
By all means attempt to support this dross on the pitch, these last 2 years have proven difficult .
The protesters bought there season tickets with the hope we would be up there. We have been let down massively by all involved. If they want to protest , let them get on with it.
Fortunate there are not 500 meatheads from Millwall on the case instead of our mild mannered protesters.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

As North Curry House says and supported by Skillsy our job tomorrow is to give our full backing to the team. OUR TEAM.

If you cannot do that stay away. When times are bad that is when you have to inspire the team with your whole hearted support.

I am backing the team to play really well tomorrow because they know to a man they let us down last Saturday and they let the Club and themselves down.

I back them 100% and go 3-1 to the Gulls. COYY.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If only it were that simple. Forecasting we will win every game is just pointless really.

Three really inexperienced defenders now who dont know each other from Adam against a team showing decent form who have recently drawn away with Worthing and beaten Maidstone.

A team who has a considerably better goal difference than us and will go above us if we lose again. I hope you are correct with the scoreline but I really dont see where you get you're logic from.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I won’t return to Plainmoor until the club is rid of Osborne, whatever that situation looks like. Decades of hardly missing a game. Anyone who understates the seriousness of the dire position the club is now in is deluded.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Admiral wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 23:49 I won’t return to Plainmoor until the club is rid of Osborne, whatever that situation looks like. Decades of hardly missing a game. Anyone who understates the seriousness of the dire position the club is now in is deluded.
1. I am truly sorry it has come to this for you.

2. Agree. There comes a time to call a spade a spade.
Hopeless optimism only goes so far.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

portugull wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 18:26 As North Curry House says and supported by Skillsy our job tomorrow is to give our full backing to the team. OUR TEAM.

If you cannot do that stay away. When times are bad that is when you have to inspire the team with your whole hearted support.

I am backing the team to play really well tomorrow because they know to a man they let us down last Saturday and they let the Club and themselves down.

I back them 100% and go 3-1 to the Gulls. COYY.
The problem with this strategy is that it plays into the hands of Osborne, Edwards and Johnson. What they want is compliant fans whilst they systematically destroy the club we all love and support. We can't be far off the same position in the table we were when Johnson was appointed, which shows how little progress has been made on the field in the last five years. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson has had something to do with yesterdays club statement because we all know he doesn't take criticism well with his digs about the wrong sort of supporter in his interviews.

The club is a mess on and off the field and nothing will change whilst Osborne, Edwards and Johnson are at the club and 2,000 fans turn up every week and compliantly support the team whilst giving the club their hard earned money.

Like Admiral I no longer watch the team. I look for the results and listen to Johnson's ludicrous pre and post match press conferences but this is no longer the club I've support through thick and and a lot of thin for over 50 years.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Admiral wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 23:49 I won’t return to Plainmoor until the club is rid of Osborne, whatever that situation looks like. Decades of hardly missing a game. Anyone who understates the seriousness of the dire position the club is now in is deluded.
I don't blame you one bit. For me personally I was a season ticket holder for 12 years it was only the covid farce that stopped me, and then decided I liked the flexibility of paying on a match by match basis, been to virtually every home match since until this season, I now will only attend for a social catch up with friends who still attend, think I've been to 3 home match's so far, pretty much for the same reasons as you.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

When you add the latest news from TQ1 regards the removal of banners and young supporter attendance, apparently the stewards have the right to question someone aged 14 if they think they look venerable, come on, really ? If we add this to cashless turnstiles and the £2 matchday surcharge because the business brains who run our club don't like ques, football clubs are a business, fans are it's customers, can our clubs ownership and local board do much more to drive fans away.

Maybe it is deliberate who knows, I'm those charged with running the club read social media and maybe these forums, my message to them, is you seriously need to wake up, when you've got the clubs own fanbase refereeing to TUFC as North Korea FC and likening Osbourne, Edwards and Hayman to the leaders of the North Korean regime your big trouble.

Those going yes, protest, now is the time to crank the pressure right up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Like Admirals post late last night states, until Osborne is gone and hangers on, I won't return, the club right under our nose is being run into the ground, I'm old enough (just about) to remember going up between 1984 to 1987 and trust me, that was bad, but not as bad as this shambles, the club was skint in the mid 80's and Lew Pope was trying his best with Webby at the helm, it wasn't great, but we are now 6th tier, a conman is basically behind the scenes wanting the land/ground...the team is void of any real quality, GJ has outstayed his welcome by about 18months now, and the writing is on wall..This is the one of the lowest points in our history, but you aren't allowed to say anything, protest, voice an opinion because your deemed "trouble" or "negative" or the wrong type of fan??, you couldn't make this nonsense up