Taunton Town v Torquay United TUE 13th

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

TUFC Twitter says game off.
Last edited by Vick on 13 Feb 2024, 13:20, edited 2 times in total.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

North Curry House wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 13:15 Was just told by a senior citizen that match was off but he was looking at details from 19th December.

When I check BBC say match is still ON. Apologies for the fake news.
Nearly as accurate as your 60 protestors leaving Plainmoor v St Albans 🤔
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Match is definitely OFF... announced on Twitter a few minutes ago.

Tonight's match with
@TUFC1899
has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch following an inspection this morning and a further one at 1pm

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Why don't we ask if we can rearrange for tomorrow or to play the game at Plainmoor? They will be really struggling to get all the fixtures played within a realistic timescale. We don't want to be playing Truro and Taunton Tues and Thur the same week or something like that.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How are we going to be playing there twice in the same week. They cant get one home game on in a week. Basket case of a club.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

WainwrightGull wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 13:18 Nearly as accurate as your 60 protestors leaving Plainmoor v St Albans 🤔
Both statements were correct! Confirmation now filtered through game is off and yes around sixty desenters v St Albans in a poorly orchestrated walk out.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

North Curry House wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 13:15 Was just told by a senior citizen that match was off but he was looking at details from 19th December.

When I check BBC say match is still ON. Apologies for the fake news.
The match is OFF. See Taunton website.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

TommyGunn wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 13:22 Why don't we ask if we can rearrange for tomorrow or to play the game at Plainmoor? They will be really struggling to get all the fixtures played within a realistic timescale. We don't want to be playing Truro and Taunton Tues and Thur the same week or something like that.
It's an absolute S***show. A complete joke of a plan. There's now 20 games in about 8 weeks on that mudheap, with added complications of fixtures clashing with each other ( like Truro (a) for you ). The first 3 games since the groundshare wasn't announced have been postponed, not a promising start.

As I suggested earlier Truro should switch your game for 27th to Plainmoor, or else god knows when you'll be able to play it.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

North Curry House wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 13:52 Both statements were correct! Confirmation now filtered through game is off and yes around sixty desenters v St Albans in a poorly orchestrated walk out.
You make me laugh NCH. It’s off then it’s on as u say fake news and then it’s off .
Next u will be telling us Brad Ash is going to end up leading scorer in this amazing league we are in .
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

MAN do I hate being in this tin pot league 😒
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Oh well game off , got ticket for first one so better luck when the game is eventually played in April I guess.
On the bright side we are undefeated and it’s Tuesday.

COYY
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

With April showers probably never be played.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I think this is the 3rd time this game has been called off?
I think it might be rearranged for the 16th April which would leave us 7 games in 23 days to finish the season.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

Taunton Towns chairman is off sick and won't be returning for the foreseeable future from today.

Doubt we will ever play Taunton this season.

Bit odd this one.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Apparently he’s said before that the stress and pressures have got to him, I wonder whether today’s postponement possibly means we won’t be playing Taunton this season (at least at their place) which will obviously mean a huge loss in income for them which could ultimately see their club liquidated.