Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Interesting situation at the mo. Osborne has supposedly stopped all funding, but someone is still paying the bills. Apart from last months salaries being paid, there are bound to be weekly paid employees and a myriad of other accounts that need settling. At the mention of a possible Administration, anyone owed money would be straight in to try and get payment.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Mr Osbourne has agreed to write off all monies owed to him. Whatever people may think of him this is extremely generous, and I thank him.

For disclosure, I have no connection to Mr Osbourne and have never even met him.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Skillsy wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 17:27 Mr Osbourne has agreed to write off all monies owed to him. Whatever people may think of him this is extremely generous, and I thank him.

For disclosure, I have no connection to Mr Osbourne and have never even met him.
Great if true. What's the source??
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Skillsy wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 17:27 Mr Osbourne has agreed to write off all monies owed to him. Whatever people may think of him this is extremely generous, and I thank him.

Zero thanks from me - get out and I hope he never gets to touch another sporting venue in his life

he'll get his accountant to start writing it off - and it wont be the wbw one
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Yellow6 wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 17:48 Great if true. What's the source??
Feel free to believe, or not, but I only ever post stuff like this that I know to be true.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

I agree with Skillsy, a generous gesture which can only make us more attractive to a potential buyer, and ensure our survival.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

For a start what Skillsy tells us is hardly a military grade secret, so I wouldn't worry about people thinking he's connected to CO, it's been freely in the public domain since the Aveley match, previously posted on here, both other forums and social media, anyone wanting to know the source of this information it's Mel Hayman herself, she told me directly and just about anyone in the gulls nest at the time.

This should not be seen as a generous gesture at all, Clarke Osbourne is the type of person to me, who will only ever do what suits Clarke Osbourne, he has not written off any loans for the betterment of TUFC, he's done it because, and obviously no one worth their salt buy's debt, do they.

And this is how we know what Mel Hayman has told so many people about CO writing off the loans to be potentially true, because if repayment of loans was a condition of sale, all potential buyers would have run a mile by now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Owlgull wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 14:26 I agree with Skillsy, a generous gesture which can only make us more attractive to a potential buyer, and ensure our survival.
delusional, having seen this entire farce play out for ourselves not to mention the previous nonsense at Bristol rovers and now in Swindon please do not herald CO as some saviour

He will be making decisions purely in his own self interest

wake up
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Don't believe everything you hear.

As far as I'm aware, and if I'm wrong then please correct me, but Osbourne himself has only said he's gifting the club the plans for a new stadium. Wouldn't he have mentioned also writing off all the loans Torquay owe n this statement! That would have made him the hero in some eyes and the club a more attractive proposition.

His silence on money owed is the only truth we know until he gives us something more.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Regardless of the truth of the many rumours floating about, some who post needing the limelight and some that actually know something.
Factually he is owed somewhere north of 4 million, chances of him seeing any of that are slim for numerous reasons, so suggesting that he has written it off would make good sense from a tax perspective. Lets actually see what happens down the road.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I've got to agree with the past few fans who've posted on here, CO isn't a hero nor is he some sort of saviour, I won't believe it, I'm not in denial, he's probably done this gesture simply because he was never going to realistically see this money again, for tax reasons, or something else, it wouldn't be for his love for TUFC, no way, look at all the broken promises everywhere he's been in the past, don't be lulled into thinking any different.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

The Great Muta! wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 20:09 I've got to agree with the past few fans who've posted on here, CO isn't a hero nor is he some sort of saviour, I won't believe it, I'm not in denial, he's probably done this gesture simply because he was never going to realistically see this money again, for tax reasons, or something else, it wouldn't be for his love for TUFC, no way, look at all the broken promises everywhere he's been in the past, don't be lulled into thinking any different.
He's written it off because insisting on his £4m (or whatever the figure is) would mean that nobody would be interested. Who would pay £4m+ for a club that apparently loses £800k a year? that's madness. Honestly, outside of football, who buys businesses with such a small likelihood of ever making you money, anyway. Much better to have somebody else take on those annual losses and limit future losses, while also taking the losses as a deduction against his more, er, successfull businesses. He won't get it all back but it'll help a bit. Suspect that the plan was always to write off those losses on the football side, but ideally (for CO) that was fine because he'd have made a fortune from his houses or whatever.

This move doesn't make Osborne a saviour,or anything remotely close. Even folding the club wouldn't get him that money back.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.