Torquay United v Aveley F C Saturday 24 Feb KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

haven't done this for a while becasue even my blind optimism started to reach its limits.

but choo-choo mothereffers!

Torquay 5-1 Aveley

Attendance...ooh, over 4,000? (just saw that the website has a queue for tickets, lol)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

happytorq wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 14:19
Attendance...ooh, over 4,000? (just saw that the website has a queue for tickets, lol)

I saw that too... that hasn't happened for a while!

I wasn't planning on coming down for this one but have changed all plans for tomorrow since the news broke on Thursday. It may well cost me north of £150 (ticket, petrol, food) but if it helps the club, it'll be worth every penny. Now just have to go and tell the Ayatollah that I won't be able to fix the garden fence tomorrow!

COYY!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Hopefully this will galvanise the squad in to a performance - as they too will be playing for their careers.

Torquay 3-1 Aveley
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Torquay 2 Aveley 1
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I've just brought my ticket, the website froze a couple of times, got there in the end. Well if I'd had time to post before yesterdays events, would have leant towards an Aveley win, however the dynamic here has changed completely.

With Aaron Downes making the decisions, will the make up of the team change, tactics alter we'll soon see. The one thing I do know is, the protests will stop, the toxic atmosphere will disappear and fans will unite, behind the team.

TUFC 3 V 1 Aveley
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Boots and laces must be expecting heavy footfall tomorrow, definitely be worth putting a couple of tents up outside to handle the overspill. Would be a shame having to refuse service due to hitting capacity!
The gulls are going up
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

:lol:
United62 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 14:25 I saw that too... that hasn't happened for a while!

I wasn't planning on coming down for this one but have changed all plans for tomorrow since the news broke on Thursday. It may well cost me north of £150 (ticket, petrol, food) but if it helps the club, it'll be worth every penny. Now just have to go and tell the Ayatollah that I won't be able to fix the garden fence tomorrow!

COYY!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :keepie: :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 14:25 I saw that too... that hasn't happened for a while!

COYY!
Make the most of it and don't bother going home....
You won't be welcome! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Torquay 3 Aveley 1

After Tuesdays gritty display, and Thursdays events this will be an emotion based win.
Hornblower
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Hornblower »

Torquay 0 - 2 Aveley
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 15:03 Make the most of it and don't bother going home....
You won't be welcome! :rofl:
Just got off the phone to her... she was more than happy* for me to travel half way across the country to support a team that only on Tuesday after arriving back from Farnboro I'd called a bunch of useless f**Y(ing c*&ts (or words to that effect).

*When I say 'happy' I mean she didn't call me what I'd called the team on Tuesday night (and many times before that). So all good once I'd promised her a trip down to Deb'n in the summer for a decent cream tea.

:keepie:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Hot Rod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hot Rod »

Torquay 0 Aveley 4
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 15:42 Just got off the phone to her... she was more than happy* for me to travel half way across the country to support a team that only on Tuesday after arriving back from Farnboro I'd called a bunch of useless f**Y(ing c*&ts (or words to that effect).

*When I say 'happy' I mean she didn't call me what I'd called the team on Tuesday night (and many times before that). So all good once I'd promised her a trip down to Deb'n in the summer for a decent cream tea.

:keepie:
Sorted. :clap:
.....And you're not sleeping in the shed when you get home.... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

1st home game since the infamous Corrie Andrews 6 minute debut the start of last season finishing 0-0 with Oldham. And bringing +2 with me as well. Can't wait! Living far away...assume there's no danger of it being called off due to the rain is there? Not seen/heard any possibility but thought I'd check with those more local?

Prediction 3-1
Last edited by markypoos77 on 23 Feb 2024, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

any idea of rough ticket sales?