Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Taelee73 wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 18:09 Although of course we need to make sure all legalities are followed, and I am very grateful the future looks promising, we need this sorted and a manager in position ASAP, if not any and most of their preferred potential players will have been snapped up. Can’t be still rumbling on into mid May, that’ll only lead to a repeat of the marquee debacle, signing the left over scraps.
If the speculation of a consortium takeover is correct then one would assume that parallel to their due diligence these businessmen would also be focusing on the execution, turning their vision and strategy into outcomes, ensuring the day-to-day sporting operations (manager & players) are ready and in place from the get-go of the new season.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

I note the comments on not rushing BUT the club has to have its exit route from Administration agreed by creditors by the National League AGM in early June.

Creditors receive between 14-21 days notice of the creditors meeting to consider the CVA proposal from this document being filed at Court, I don’t believe this has happened as yet.

The clock is ticking I’m afraid with those apparently “ in the know” indicating on various sites that the deal would be announced yesterday or was that today or could it be next week clearly not being correct. So perhaps If you don’t know the correct facts then just stop making it up !!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

bobbytanz1963...
In the quote from BTPIR made previously in this thread, where does it say that there would be an announcement today?
the phrase used was:
"I've been PM'd this morning to tell me...
That the sale of the club will go through today "

No mention (because I haven't been told) of any other that 'it has been agreed' and certainly not that 'it would be announced'

Please don't infer something has been said when it has not. It's not difficult to refer to something clearly stated earlier in the same thread that you are posting from and respond to it.
Last edited by merse btpir on 27 Apr 2024, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:12 I note the comments on not rushing BUT the club has to have its exit route from Administration agreed by creditors by the National League AGM in early June.

Creditors receive between 14-21 days notice of the creditors meeting to consider the CVA proposal from this document being filed at Court, I don’t believe this has happened as yet.

The clock is ticking I’m afraid with those apparently “ in the know” indicating on various sites that the deal would be announced yesterday or was that today or could it be next week clearly not being correct. So perhaps If you don’t know the correct facts then just stop making it up !!
Depends on the "payback" rate.
It will be different to a team that's on a sound financial footing.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Noone suggested that an announcement was going to be made yesterday - in fact the opposite was specified. The information was specifically that the sale was going through yesterday.

Whether or not it is correct I dont know, but to accuse someone of making it up and it "clearly not being correct" is nonsense.

If the sale did go through yesterday and its now the weekend I would suggest that the the earliest we would here about it is next week.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

brucie wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 00:17 Noone suggested that an announcement was going to be made yesterday - in fact the opposite was specified. The information was specifically that the sale was going through yesterday.

Whether or not it is correct I dont know, but to accuse someone of making it up and it "clearly not being correct" is nonsense.

If the sale did go through yesterday and its now the weekend I would suggest that the the earliest we would here about it is next week.
Expect the sale will be announced to the press at the same time as in a club statement. Usually 5-5.30pm weekdays.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Admiral wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 08:28 Expect the sale will be announced to the press at the same time as in a club statement. Usually 5-5.30pm weekdays.
5-5.30, on which day, of which week, in which month :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 18:05 Its the best forum for all things Tufc
other opinions are, of course, available
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I’m on the same track as Brucie here. A new regime will want a key time to maximise its introduction, interviews and exposure etc. Any news will I would have thought would emerge in a mid week for that reason. What I’m not saying is which mid week!
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Or contrary to what everybody thinks there might be nothing!!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

If the sale had fallen through, I think we'd have heard from the administrators pretty sharpish.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Think of it like a house sale. If it had fallen through, it would be back on the market. Its not, keep watching this space. . . .
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Preferred bidders announced on official site...the Bryn
Consortium
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »