Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

I'm certainly not having a pop at any of the Bryn consortium in general and Michael Westcott in particular. All credit to them and total respect.
My gripe is with the publicity seeking mouthpiece Mr Broderick, who appears to be a prize self publicist of the first order. Just a thought, I wonder if he was involved in the initial preferred bid that has obviously fallen apart.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Doubt if Westcott would pull out over a post on a message board.

It does seem that he has distanced himself from the TUST after him and Broderick were interviewed on Radio Devon when their bid was first publicised. Westcott came across well but Broderick was the opposite, absolutely terrible.

So who were the mystery preferred bidders who were so shrouded in secrecy that noone has a clue who they were.

John Jarvis an 83 year old who has sponsored two games and was photographed the Bath game not far from where he lived, and in cahoots with James Watt, Brewdog.

Hardly seems likely the more you think about it - in fact if Watt had any interest whatsoever you would have thought Westcott would have been in contact with him straight away.

So maybe it was the Westcott consortium from the start - if it wasnt there just doesnt seem any viable alternatives around.
tufcjon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by tufcjon »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 01 May 2024, 22:21 I'm certainly not having a pop at any of the Bryn consortium in general and Michael Westcott in particular. All credit to them and total respect.
My gripe is with the publicity seeking mouthpiece Mr Broderick, who appears to be a prize self publicist of the first order. Just a thought, I wonder if he was involved in the initial preferred bid that has obviously fallen apart.
Thinking is not your strong point though is it.

What a travesty that the great Robin Stubbs has his name associated with a fool.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

:goodpost:
Mysonjackg wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:07 You two must be such sad individuals to feel the need to spout such nonsense. Have you ever met Nick? The guy has worked his nuts off alongside the TUST team to try and save this club . What the hell have you done?

You should be ashamed of yourselves. An absolute disgrace
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 01 May 2024, 22:21 Just a thought, I wonder if he was involved in the initial preferred bid that has obviously fallen apart.
Really ??? Nick Brodrick is Chairman of TUST right, they were working with the Westcott led consortium, they put their bid in but were unsuccessful. TUST have gone on record as saying they didn’t know who the “other” bidder was. So, exactly in what capacity do you think Nick Brodrick would be involved, with that failed bid?

As for calling him a “publicity seeker” that is beyond belief! Some people have short memories it seems. The day Osborne pulled out, the very existence of TUFC was immediately put on the line. As Chairman of TUST, it was his duty to interact with the media both local and national to at the very least make as many people as possible aware of the plight of TUFC. Inevitably he takes calls from the BBC, ITV, Radio Devon, Devon Live etc because as Chairman he represents a Supporters Trust that has around 1 in 3, give or take, of our fanbase (based on average home attendance) as members. So, what do you expect him to do? Refuse to take calls, refuse to make appearances, refuse to garner publicity in the hope that someone who could make a difference was paying attention?

I don’t know what your gripe is with Nick Brodrick, unless you have some sort of connection to the last outgoing regime, of whom he HAS been outspoken, but only in terms of their abject failure and total refusal to engage in any meaningful way with either TUST as a group or also it should be said any of the local media (with perhaps the exception of Torbay Weekly) over many, many years.

I am certain that if the Bryn Consortium is hopefully successful this time around that will all change. We will have owners who truly care about the club, not just a money making property developer, and who will engage with the fans and make us feel a part of OUR club again and not just paying customers
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Apologies for missing the personal abuse aimed at Nick. A family emergency prevented me from reading the forum until this morning.

I've now removed a few posts after having it pointed out to me and initially missing it while skimming through a few pages of content. Critical opinions are fine, personal abuse isn't.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

The brief TUST statement yesterday was clear: current discussions with the Consortium who are now preferred bidders are on-going and positive.

It is also been made very clear that TUST had nothing to do with the previous preferred bidders and like everyone else ,other than the administrators,has no idea who they are.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

Further good wishes to Michael Westcott and the Bryn Consortium....I am sure they will be the right team to take things forward.

My last word on Mr Broderick.....

Admin Edit: Content Removed
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Let's hope it really is your last word on Nick Brodrick ( not "Broderick"), you clearly have some sort of personal beef with him and are using this forum to make completely unfounded and unjustified personal attacks which serve no useful purpose whatsoever.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A diverse all inclusive forum is very important, all opinions should be welcome. What we should never do is confuse opinion with personal abuse/vendetta
because the two are not the same.

Out of all the people who do know know Nick Broderick, I've not seen or heard anyone of them to express a single bad word about him, so quite where your beef with him has come from we'll never know.

I don't see any evidence of the Bryn consortium distancing themselves from TUST, and if the only thing that's angered you is NB divulging information in public as TUST chairman, maybe you should consider that he may have been asked to.
Formerly known as forevertufc
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

As if anything TUST have said breached a NDA. Laughable that this is even being suggested!!
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Why is it the people who have done the sum of **** all sit on their arses and criticise people who are trying their hardest to keep the club alive?