Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Ffs some people on here! the end of may comes and no owners THATS IT!!! We have possible buyers👏🏼, at very least we still have club same league to me that’s a good start! Be nice to bring fans into it! Shares? I’m in on that, but for christs sake if it goes through we are still alive,
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

I welcome the news that fans of the club with business nous have bid for the club, this is excellent news for any supporter wishing the club to be in good hands, I much prefer the steady eddy at the wheel rather than someone who may splash the cash for a couple of seasons and then get bored…. We now need to pull together as one and get behind the new consortium when they take over and should thank them for saving OUR club and such a historic community asset that reaches much further afield than Torquay.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 01 May 2024, 17:15 Because they have insufficient funds to get anywhere near a successful bid. Publicity seeking only.
I can only assume this is a wind up. TUST are a vehicle for the fans / members. Those who have volunteered their time to be on the board and work behind the scenes to ensure a plan B remained available when the plan A withdrew have my heartfelt gratitude. Time will tell what TUST's involvement will be but for now we seem to have genuine people putting up genuine money to preserve the club's NLS status. How about we just celebrate that?

As others have said, there is no Plan C so perhaps the moaners can keep that in mind and try to grasp the reality of the situation!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

RedGull1902 wrote: 01 May 2024, 17:41 Ffs some people on here! the end of may comes and no owners THATS IT!!! We have possible buyers👏🏼, at very least we still have club same league to me that’s a good start! Be nice to bring fans into it! Shares? I’m in on that, but for christs sake if it goes through we are still alive,
:goodpost:

Totally agree with you, trouble is, more than a few got sucked into dreams of Watt coming in splashing millions all over the place and doing a Wrexham, was never going to happen.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Beggars cannot be choosers. So the Bryn Consortium it is then. I reserve judgement at this point but on a positive note "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

knightmaregull wrote: 01 May 2024, 18:05 I can only assume this is a wind up. TUST are a vehicle for the fans / members. Those who have volunteered their time to be on the board and work behind the scenes to ensure a plan B remained available when the plan A withdrew have my heartfelt gratitude. Time will tell what TUST's involvement will be but for now we seem to have genuine people putting up genuine money to preserve the club's NLS status.
All of which is absolutely true. But, they haven't got the money, and have got a publicity seeking mouthpiece who is not following the non disclosure agreements
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 01 May 2024, 18:22 All of which is absolutely true. But, they haven't got the money, and have got a publicity seeking mouthpiece who is not following the non disclosure agreements
Do you know what is contained in the NDAs and do you know how much money TUST have currently and how much they could raise in a share issue?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

standupsitdown wrote: 01 May 2024, 18:26 Do you know what is contained in the NDAs and do you know how much money TUST have currently and how much they could raise in a share issue?
I do not know what is contained in the agreement but broadly it should mean you say naught, if it doesnt then its not a NDA. I am a member of the TUST but even I would admit they are a very marmite organisation, most of the the TUST board post as just a TUST committee member except Nick who perpetually puts himself forward under his own name. As of last month the TUST had 60K in the bank not including the 5K they got in the fund raiser and slightly less as they decided to be a sponsor for the under 18's final.
If it comes to a share/bond issue by the TUST, we have five known consortium members who will take 94 per cent of the shares, the other six per cent being in private hands, if the TUST wishes to buy a seat at the table and dilute the ownership of the other five we know that the buy in is the region of 150K. Assuming the other five have put in a similar amount.
So everyone who say donates 100 pounds for a bond/share in the TUST offering it is a very slim to nothing chance you would ever see that money again as your share is 1 in 1500 of slightly less than 15 per cent of the shares available.
That is also assuming that the other five consortium memeners permit the shares/bonds to have any value in terms of voting or value retention.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:08
...we have five known consortium members who will take 94 per cent of the shares, the other six per cent being in private hands..., .
A minor point. Is it four or five consortium members? According to Companies House, Westcott and three others (Bowes-Cavanagh, Allen and Robinson) became directors of Scoring Goals Limited today. I can see no reference to Rob Hawes who was named as one member of the consortium under the new ‘preferred bidders’ by the club administrators –
tufcjon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by tufcjon »

Quite clear that some people have no idea what a non-disclosure agreement is.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Genuinely don't understand the hate that the Trust seems to engender. For 6 years we had an ownership group who patently did not give a toss about the actual club or the fanbase.

Do you want people involved who care about the club? That's the Trust

Do you people involved who want the club to have long term future? That's the Trust

They obviously do not have the money to buy and run the club outright - they've disclosed their current financial situation - so given that there's a consortium who is agreeable to the idea of trust involvement, they will need more. A community share issue makes sense, and I would imagine they couldn't start that process until the new owners are in situ.

If you don't like the individuals involved, then fine - stand for election as a member of TUST leadership. If you don't think fan involvement in the ownership is a worthwhile endeavour, why are you a fan at all? There are plenty of clubs happy to just take your money for shirts, who will sell you a ticket and are significantly easier to see in TV. Being a fan of a lower league side is about the community, and nothing is as emblematic of that community support than a fan's organisation.

I think the Trust still has some way to go before speaking for a majority of fans, but it entirely possible that looking for legitimacy in this way will help them there. I could see the membership swelling significantly.

Most of us don't have the funds to consider owning the club, or even being part of a consortium, so the Trust is the simplest and cheapest way of getting a say in what happens.
culmstockgull wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:08 So everyone who say donates 100 pounds for a bond/share in the TUST offering it is a very slim to nothing chance you would ever see that money again as your share is 1 in 1500 of slightly less than 15 per cent of the shares available.
Anybody who is financing a lower league club expecting to see a return on investment is bonkers. You pay your hundred quid, or whatever it is, to feel involved with the club and connecting to this worldwide community of people who - for whatever reason - care about what happens to this small, provincial and (let's be honest) mostly terribly mediocre club. That's the reason for engaging with a share issue.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 May 2024, 19:08 So everyone who say donates 100 pounds for a bond/share in the TUST offering it is a very slim to nothing chance you would ever see that money again as your share is 1 in 1500 of slightly less than 15 per cent of the shares available.
Ive been attending since the 80's on the understanding that Torquay United arent very good and very unlikley to win their own league let alone the Champions League but I still go. On a similar theme. Id be prepared for a £500 share now and another £500 later based on TUST's original comms and know none of it is coming back. Its an emotional investment. I think theyd get the 150K no problem. Been a TUST member for must be 8 or 9 years, never been to a meeting , barely read their frequent updates, but know some form of organisation is needed for when it all goes tits up. It may not be this time that TUST is needed / invited as they wernt mentioned yesterday but they probably will be at some point in time. They, the fans, are the backstop and the only people in the fan base who have got themselves organised. As others have said, if you dont like their view or direction, join and stand for election.
TUST #324
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

I just can’t wait to get this over the line, just to still have football at Plainmoor. A group of people who love the club as much as we Do and not some owner like the last. I really don’t mind if we are in this league for a few seasons as I think with a trust at least more people in time could join, and who knows some young person who’s just watched a game in the last few weeks for the first time at plainmoor could be the next big investor when there older just because we still have a club now. I THINK THE FUTURE IS YELLOW. May be someone should speak to Chris Martin from cold play and have this played before games his parents live near Exeter. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 01 May 2024, 16:04 Anything involving TUST will be a complete disaster
Why ?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 01 May 2024, 16:44 Any chance the guy can keep his mouth shut in what is a delicate negotiation? All the other interested parties have followed the non disclosure rules. Except Broderick!! All about him!!!
I don't know Mr Broderick, I'm guessing you do and have personal gripe against him, maybe you should tell us. Do you not think for one second Nick Broderick public actions and statements were made with the full permission or maybe even at the request of an interested party ? I don't know, do you ?