is it too late to make Crewe game not all ticket?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

is it too late to make Crewe game not all ticket?

Post by bixieupnorth »

given that most of us were expecting a crowd of over 4000 today and that the club announced that home areas were almost completely sold out on the OS I was wondering if the silly decision to make both these games all ticket could be reversed?

how many people who would have gone today didnt because of the extra trip, how many were put off from making that trip because the club said home areas were almost sold out, how many did Southend actually bring, how many will Crewe actually bring?

3400 is a disgraceful attendance for our 2nd last home game when we were 2nd in the league

the club have to take some of the blame for once again failing to gauge the interest, and also, the apathy, of the south Devon public.

how many will we get for the Crewe game, a few hundred more than today I imagine but it's not gonna sell out in a million years

reverse the decision please
still keeping the faith
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

It wont and should not be reversed. People have two weeks to get tickets!! If they cant be bothered to pick up a phone or go to ground in that time its their own fault. We can not run the risk of crewe supporters being in home ends for a game with so much riding on it. This decision probably stopped policing costs being added to cost of ticket
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I agree with our circumcised brethren, it's got to be plenty easy enough given the notice we've all had and the systems which are now in place.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

its been proven time and time again the the idle public will NOT make the extra trip to pick up tickets

this decision probably cost us 400 extra on the crowd and i fear a similar loss for the crewe game, they can hardly be bothered to turn up for the match let alone travel to plainmoor twice!!

oh well, on their heads be it!
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

They'll come, when we're in the Premier League and Man Utd come to town, they'll pitch up.

Matt.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Well I would bet the 400 we lose is less than mass policing costs. And anybody that chooses to not get tickets for such an important match cos they are too lazy to walk or pick up the phone is a fool.
Plus safety has to come first.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

To be fair you can still buy tickets on the day...And the fact Southend brought less than 400 means the attendance was a lot less. The Pop was pretty packed where I was not sure about the rest but looked more than 3,400..
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

Post by tufc4life1 »

ferrarilover wrote:They'll come, when we're in the Premier League and Man Utd come to town, they'll pitch up.

Matt.

Always do one game a seasoners,

anyway on todays attendance 3400 think our ground holds 4000 there was 350 away fans and away end holds 1000 so doesn't that make 3000 home fans possible?
which means today home ends were sold out by my judgement
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Yeah I thought the same. Against Accrington, there must have been 800 in the away end, so that makes up for the 500 difference.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Stanley was 3900 with 150 away fans which means 3750 home nearly our whole capacity
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

There were about 500 Torquay fans in the away end against Accy, away end wasn't open to Torquay fans against Southend
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Yea easily was over half the away end we ended up with
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

Why did the police or whoever suggest the game should be all-ticket when southend just had the usual average away following,probably less than lots of others like Port Vale/Gillingham/Burton etc. A call to Southend last Monday would have revealed about 200 had been sold. And also what's the logic of making a game all-ticket and then selling tickets at the ground on the matchday (thankfully we did or the gate would have been lower)?
It makes you wonder if there's any point to the new stand as it wasn't needed for smaller games - it's only of use for big games which would have exceeded our old capacity, but if every time the police then say there's a big away following (Argyle/Bristol) so it's got to be all-ticket, our "big game" occasional fans don't bother coming, and hence the attendance is down to the usual. ie the number of home fans will never necessitate a new stand with all-ticket games, so all our new stand will serve is away fans, accommodating another 500 from Argyle/Rover/Exeter/Coventry,hopefully?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tufc4life1 wrote:
Always do one game a seasoners,anyway on todays attendance 3400 think our ground holds 4000 there was 350 away fans and away end holds 1000 so doesn't that make 3000 home fans possible?
which means today home ends were sold out by my judgement

Hey Matt! I've only been to Plainmoor once this season so knock it off! :red: :lol:

In fact i've only been to Plainmoor once in my life! :red:

I've got my ticket for the Crewe game though so it'll be more than once for this season :bow:

I agree with our 'circumcised brethren' , that is so Matt me thinks :lol: if people can't be arsed to pick up a phone and either get a ticket sent out (if they live miles away like me) or get one reserved OR pop in to Plainmoor to pick one up if they are local then in all honesty they can f**k off. Obviously if they can't make it for genuine reasons then forgiveness is afforded to you.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Hey Andy, you'll notice it is, in fact, TUFC4Life1 who said the bit you have highlighted.

Fecking Jonny come lately, part time supporters... :~D Doesn't stop you being right in your general assertion though.

Matt.