is it too late to make Crewe game not all ticket?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We were about 700 home fans down on the Accrington game, despite it being a much bigger game and nearer to the end of the season. Having circa 4000 people (as we should quite reasonably have expected the crowd to be) in a stadium that doesn't hold too many more, all turning up without tickets would have been a disaster, so you can't blame the club at all for making it all ticket.

If more than 3000 home fans don't attend a team 2nd in the league in the second to last home game of the season then it is extremely poor support, even with the building works going on. Buying a ticket in advance isn't a huge hassle in the 21st century, and if the game wasn't all ticket and people were locked out then it would have reflected badly on the club too. The bottom line is that we should have matched the Accrington attendance, which would have justified it being all ticket.

With Crewe being the last home game, and us only having 2 home stands to fill, then again the Club has to make it all ticket. If these don't all sell then it will be even more depressing.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Gullible, it was not possible to match the home attendance at the Southend Match, as home fans didn't have use of the away end.

3408 minus 350 from Southend equals 3058 Torquay fans, which is all but sold out.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Did we really have over 700 in the away end for Accrington? I'm not sure what the capacity of it is, but by the time you take out 150 Accrington fans and then the segregation and stewards I'd be surprised if we had that many home fans in there, and they would have had to be jammed in to reach it.

But anyway, having had 3700 Torquay fans at the game the week before, then we had no choice but to make it all ticket for the final two games because there's only 2 stands for home fans now.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Gulliball wrote:Did we really have over 700 in the away end for Accrington? I'm not sure what the capacity of it is, but by the time you take out 150 Accrington fans and then the segregation and stewards I'd be surprised if we had that many home fans in there, and they would have had to be jammed in to reach it.

But anyway, having had 3700 Torquay fans at the game the week before, then we had no choice but to make it all ticket for the final two games because there's only 2 stands for home fans now.
Away end was probably just over more than half full of Home fans...So about right.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

surely we are well within our rights to tell both Southend and Crewe that they can only have 400 tickets due to stand being closed? obv too late now but that should've been the way it was dealt with, expensive mistake it the club really thought both teams would bring the full 1050
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not at all relevant really, but thought I'd mention it. Wigan (Premier League big boys) took a total of 200 fans to Arsenal last night.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That is poor Matt considering the results and performances they have had recently. You would have thought the Wigan faithful would have been itching to get to the Emirates to see if they can continue pulling off shocks. They did!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Just had sneaky peek over the fence at our green neighbours site and noticed something that suprised me. They have an easy to use online ticket booking system and are wavering booking fees for last two games which is going to help draw more supporters and ease hassle for the club.

I would love to know why we couldnt do this for our last two games which being all ticket would erase the excuses people have at the moment. A Candy if you read this can you again push for this to be set up for next season. We have no excuses as a club if argyle can do it so can we
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

dont think crewe will bring more than southend so dont see why they couldnt erect a temporary fence part way along the away end with stewards both sides, also i believe the police have a say in wether its all ticket or not.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

popside_yidlad wrote:Just had sneaky peek over the fence at our green neighbours site and noticed something that suprised me. They have an easy to use online ticket booking system and are wavering booking fees for last two games which is going to help draw more supporters and ease hassle for the club.

I would love to know why we couldnt do this for our last two games which being all ticket would erase the excuses people have at the moment. A Candy if you read this can you again push for this to be set up for next season. We have no excuses as a club if argyle can do it so can we
Haha, how ironic it is that the only Jew in the village has failed to spot a money issue :~D

This has been brought up before at various places, some more official than others, and it is down to the cost of setting it up and processing the payments. The Devon public are tight fisted enough, without being asked for an extra couple of quid (or more) to cover processing and postage.

Lovely idea, but until we get ten thousand a week through the gates and tickets are £25 anyway, it just won't happen.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i can't quite understand this whole "can't be bothered to get tickets in advance" attitude. It's not like it's difficult to do, especially for a home game, you don't even have to pay the extra to have them posted out, you can just collect on the day - that's what i'm doing. do these same people never go to concerts, or the cinema etc etc because they can't be bothered to buy the tickets in advance ?? mind you, as i'm travelling down from london for a home game, it's pretty essential i know i'll be getting in before i hit the road !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I don't think I've ever bought a cinema ticket in advance...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

cambgull wrote:I don't think I've ever bought a cinema ticket in advance...
i hate queuing !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

When were TUFC on at the cinema?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with Brady, i'm coming down for the Crewe game and it was easy was for me to ring the club and get a ticket sent out. Job done. Yes i paid £3.50 to have it sent out but that is because i prefer having the ticket in my possession before i set off rather than 'risk' some sort of administrative error 280 miles later. Not a problem.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.