Us, Shrewsbury and Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Us, Shrewsbury and Crawley

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Its 2 from those 3 for the remaining 2 auto spots, just thought i would see what peoples predictions are and then the points total

Crawley V Northampton D
Dag Red V Crawley D
Crawley V Hereford W
Accrington V Crawley D

Total 6 points - 83 overall

Wimbledon v Torquay D
Torquay v Crewe D
Hereford v Torquay W

Total 5 points - 85 overall

Shrewsbury v Port Vale W
Accrington v Shrewsbury D
Shrewsbury v Dag & Red W
Wimbledon v Shrewsbury D

Total 8 points - 89 overall

:scarf:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I can't see Crowley losing 2 of those, I think Northampton could do something to help us though.

I believe Shrewsbury will get up in 2nd too
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I also did a prediction last week. Shrews 88, United 87 Crawley 85.
I see Accy Stanley played a very weak squad at Cheltenham yesterday and lost 4.1. This is a worry .
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I cant really see either Shrewsbury or Crawley dropping points to be honest. But if they do we have to capitilse on it in our games. Its Crawleys to lose now in my opinion. Especially if they take the full advantage of there game in hand on Tuesday evening. But I'd love to be proved wrong.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Hoping Crawley's disipline record in recent matches will be their undoing. It will go down to the last game no doubt in my mind. Wouldn't be surprised if Crawley pip us to 3rd, I mean, when do we ever get any luck against them?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Its 2 from those 3 for the remaining 2 auto spots, just thought i would see what peoples predictions are and then the points total

Crawley V Northampton D
Dag Red V Crawley D
Crawley V Hereford W
Accrington V Crawley D

Total 6 points - 83 overall

Wimbledon v Torquay D
Torquay v Crewe D
Hereford v Torquay W

Total 5 points - 85 overall

Shrewsbury v Port Vale W
Accrington v Shrewsbury D
Shrewsbury v Dag & Red W
Wimbledon v Shrewsbury D

Total 8 points - 89 overall

:scarf:
I can see Crawley dropping pts at D and R and accie, but the other 2 they will win, so that puts them at least on 85 we have to win at wimbledon otherwise its the playoffs. It is unlucky with our pts total so far to not already be promoted, but I guess we had our luck last year getting into the play offs with the least amount of pts before! We will know an awful lot more come Tuesday night. Just hope Northampton are up for it
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Shrewsbury are up, forget about them. We have just got to hope that the instability around Crawley has upset their rhythm and we can capitalise. If you look at the form table though Shrews are top ,Crawley are in third and we are down in seventh. That is the worry. We have to win every game and it's as simple as that.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Does anybody know who crawley have out for Tuesday?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

I think they'll win tues and push us out, hopefully we'll beat the dons and they'll slip up but still think we're destined for playoffs and defeat in them unfortunately
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The next week will be crucial for us. If you look at Crawley's last two games - Hereford at home and an 'experimenting' Accrington, then they should pick up 6 points from those two, so the next two (Northampton then Dagenham) this week will be where they'll have to drop points.

Even then I think we'll drop points against Crewe, but that's the natural pessimist in me. 7 points from our 3 games will be an excellent return (and I think the best we'll get) and that might not be enough.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Unfortunatley I do agree with the two posters above. I cant see Crawley dropping points especially if Boothroyd cant get his team out of holiday mode in time for Tuesday. And Dagenhham...Yes there in decent form but Crawley will be at virtually full strength you'd still expect them to win that one aswell. Wheras we have Wimbledon who have nothing to play for so will be playing for pride and to end the season on a high,An excellent Crewe team who are right in top form at the minite and a trip to Hereford a place we havent won at in donkey's years...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think we are destined for the play-offs which does worry me. You can kind of imagine us going out in the semi's as the highest placed team in the play-offs (which I think we will be) often struggle in the hangover of missing automatic promotion.

It will then look like a worse season than last year if we don't reach the final, when in fact it has been a much much better season.

We really do deserve to be promoted. The club, manager and players deserve it too and I hope we do it for them as much as anyone else.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yes how we bloody well deserve it! we deserve it so much more than Swindon Crawley or Southend with their vast squads and limitless supplies of loan players and funds!
if there is a god (which there obviously isn't!) then I hope he can smile down on south Devon and give us the nod for promotion!
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

1. I can't understand why so many Torquay fans on this forum are so nervous, negative and pessimistic.
2. Crawley will be as nervous as anybody else, knowing that they too have to win every game.
3. Crawley may have a game in hand, but points in the bag are worth more than games in the hand.
4. The Gulls are going up.