Us, Shrewsbury and Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

On points 1,2,3, I totaly agree with Gullscorer, must admit to having more than a chuckle at some posts on here of late, who in thier right mind thought Wimbledon would take points of Crawley, but they did, and that happens on a promotion run-in.

Come on ladies and gentlemen,look at our last 3 games , why can't we win all our remaining games, and if we do, that means Crawley will have to win al, theirs to stop us going up.

On point 4 gullscorer, I am hope your right, however if not, and we fail to get promoted, what is the worst that going to happen to us, yes we may, or may not lose a few of our better players, not worried when Lingy has already proved he has an eye for a quality bargin, one thing I know for sure however, is we will still be a very,very well managed league 2 club.

So keep calm and carry on :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

I dont quite know what to make of things at the moment. My head says we are losing momentum but my heart is pleading for us to see it through. I need us to get over the line to at least ease the despair my second team is putting me through. So PLEASE lads stay strong and clinch promotion.
I would gladly lose 4th and harry to England if torquay can just scrape over the line (although he and the team are doing good job of losing job).
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

I would still rather be in our position. Creepy have to win four on the trot whilst struggling and their discipline record lately. Gulls all the way for me.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

I'd love to be as optomistic as some of you guys......
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I just think it's way better than being in Macclesfield or Hereford's position any day!!! And we all know about those seasons don't we? We are still in the box seat but that may well change this week. I am more nervous than anything and will be a wreck at this rate but we do have a play off place and all the heartache that could entail :-/ There will be many a twist and turn over the next month. Look at us getting relegated from League 1 (DIV 3) a few years ago!!! quarter to 5 and we are just about safe and then MK Dons get a last minute winner and we are down by 10 to five!!! It's going to happen to someone on the last day you just know it!! Why not us going up in a similar fashion, I'd take it!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Here's how I see the Table after Sat 21/4:
Swindon 95 pts (win Tuesday, win Saturday)
Shrews 87 pts (win Tuesday, win Saturday)
TU 83 pts (win Saturday)
Creepy 81 pts (win Tuesday, draw Saturday)

FINGERS CROSSED.

Crystal ball still too cloudy to predict after 21/4.
COYY :scarf: v
TUST member 077
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Crawley will do well to win all 4. It would be easier for us to get automatic promotion than through the playoffs which would require the same amount of wins but against stronger teams....Crawley will drop 2 points thats all, so its got to be 3 wins for us....If Crawley don't beat Northampton tomorrow, what a morale boost.

Couldn't understand MARTIN'S opinion of first 82 points then upgraded to 84, when fixtures told us differently. BUT if he is right...we are there !!!
Last edited by coley in stripes on 16 Apr 2012, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

coley wrote:Crawley will do well to win all 4. It would be easier for us to get automatic propotion than through the playoffs which would require the same amount of wins but against stronger teams....Crawley will drop 2 points thats all, so its got to be 3 wins for us....If Crawlet don't beat Northampton tomorrow, what a morale boost.

Couldn't understand MARTIN'S opinion of first 82 points then upgraded to 84, when fixtures told us differently. BUT if he is right...we are there !!!
Do not underestimate the importance of this.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I seriously think Crawley will drop 4 points, away to dagenham and away to Accy.
Formerly known as forevertufc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I agree, just swap Accy for Northampton.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Did the predictor the other day, and got the same outcome as the OP. Us finishing on 85, Crawley on 83. If Crawley do win every game now then they've handled the pressure better than we have.

Fancy us to pick up another 7 points (though my prediction doesn't say so). I hope Hereford's future is sorted before we go there though..
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

anyone seen this yet?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/8 ... z1rw944kPT

seems morale is higher at Crawley since the fat man has gone!
doesn't bode well for dropping points in their last few games :(
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

What happened to Northumbergull? I seem to remember Bruce coming on here in '04 yelling "We can still do auto!!" like a maniac after every game. And, hey, we did.

We need Bruce back.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Let's just take this one week at a time....Will be a bonus if Crawley don't win tomorrow but a Gulls win on Saturday is vital, no win - no promo, we can't rely on other teams doing our job for us. We have been great at the 'smash and grab' especially away...If we get the points the pressure will still be on Crawley.

Gulls must win Saturday, if Crawley are still above us at 5pm, as many people have written ' they deserve to be'.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Out of interest does anyone know what the most points for not going up Automatic is?

Got a feeling either us or Crawley would break the record.