Are we going up automatically?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Are we going up automatically?

Post by lucy6lucy »

Having read many posts and comments its really hard to establish how we would vote if it was an election? Personally, I think Crawley are bang on form, but thats not being negative just being realistic. The playoffs are a different scenario so theres no point talking about them until we are either in them or who we face? So members what are your gut feelings going into the last 3 cup finals respond YES or NO, will we go up automatically come the 5th May?

I think Crawley will W 2 and draw 1
I think Torquay will W2 and lose 1(Crewe)

So my response is NO :@
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No is my answer. We HAVE to win all 3 games and i don't think we will. Crawley are the form team in the division along with Shrewsbury and Crawley have lost the fewest games in the league. All we need is for them to draw one game which i think is very possible but again, if we don't win our 3 then it's goodnight Vienna.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Take it one game at a time. We just have to win ours now and see what happens. Crawley have the pressure on them now, we're right down their necks. All it takes is one mistake..
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

We are on the same points as Crawley. We both have three games left, two away and one home each. Crawley are slight favourites because of the goal difference. Why the hell are people getting all pessimistic? Now is the time to be hopeful, realistically optimistic and get behind the team. Pessimism can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. There is every chance that Crawley will drop points, every chance that we will drop fewer points than them.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

austrianandygull wrote: Crawley are the form team in the division along with Shrewsbury
Depends how many games you take that over Andy - over the last 5 we have the edge over Crawley. I think Crawley have more points over the last 6 to 8 games due to our defeat to Swindon, but go back further than that and again we are the form team.

Its been a bit of doom and gloom around here this week yet we're still unbeaten in 5 and the draws were away against one of the best teams at home in the division and at home with one of the best teams away in the division. Crawley have a tough game this weekend at a daggers team unbeaten in 6 and the last game of the season at Accrington is no gimme.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Crawley LWW
Mighty Yellows WDW

Simples
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Crawley are not the stand out in form side in the division at all,i really can not under stand the pessimism either, wether you look at the last 6 or last 8 matchs as most current form guides do Crawley are only 1 point better of than us.

Over the last 6 games Crawley have 12 pts to our 11 pts, over 8 matchs they have 18 pts to our 17 pts, as pointed out our 1 and only defeat came away to Swindon.

The point is, we are actually one of the in form sides in the division, our current form is better than Swindon's and thats what some are forgetting, Crawley go away to Dagenham who are unbeaten in 7 games, they could well drop points there, if they do, lets hope our team are ready to step in, then we would be infront with 2 games to go.

Whatever happens over these next few weeks , don't worry about it, what the worst that can happen, we will still be a well managed league 2 club with a fantastic manager, who will continue to enjoy great support from a fantastic board of directors.
Formerly known as forevertufc
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Game of pressure now. If we win on Sat and Crawley and/or Shrewsbury lose that could load a ton of pressure on the latter 2. As said one game at a time. We could be singing a different tune come Saturday afternoon.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

He wanted definitive votes...

No.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

forevertufc wrote:Crawley are not the stand out in form side in the division at all,i really can not under stand the pessimism either, wether you look at the last 6 or last 8 matchs as most current form guides do Crawley are only 1 point better of than us.

Over the last 6 games Crawley have 12 pts to our 11 pts, over 8 matchs they have 18 pts to our 17 pts, as pointed out our 1 and only defeat came away to Swindon.

The point is, we are actually one of the in form sides in the division, our current form is better than Swindon's and thats what some are forgetting, Crawley go away to Dagenham who are unbeaten in 7 games, they could well drop points there, if they do, lets hope our team are ready to step in, then we would be infront with 2 games to go.

Whatever happens over these next few weeks , don't worry about it, what the worst that can happen, we will still be a well managed league 2 club with a fantastic manager, who will continue to enjoy great support from a fantastic board of directors.
What an arse licker!

You're not far wrong though.... =D
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

All i'm saying is that Crawley have lost the fewest games this season AND have goals in them. We need to win all 3 games like i keep saying as Crawley are not going to lose again this season. They might draw one or even two but if they lost one i would be staggered.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

no is my feeling still, not pessimist, realist
still keeping the faith
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

YES, YES, YES, We will win tomorrow and Crawley won't, morale will carry us over the line. If you have doubts on 3 wins now, there is no point in following the playoffs. There are so many permantations (Crawley could lose all 3 and we lose 2 and draw 1 - very unlikely, but possible). I would be more gutted if we were in Crawlwys position now and didn't make it - The pressure is on them.

I agree let's take this and the senarios one game at a time..When we win tomorrow and Crawley don't there will be smiley yellow faces, punditing will begin again and attitudes will change....Listern to Coley, I have revealed the near future !!!
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Heart says yes.

Ignoring my head.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Asa Hall

Post by Popside Joe »

Agreed, one game at a time. I won't be speculating. Things can change so quickly, and probably will over the next 3 games, so I don't see any reason to be downbeat. Nice if it was in our hands right now but then we'd be talking about the pressure being on us. I am fully confident we are in a great position and if we're good enough we'll take it. Let's give our boys every chance of doing it and get fully behind them. We don't want to be transmitting nerves or doubts to the pitch. We want to show what a force we are. Make some noise for the Torquay boys. :whip: :-D