Danny Stevens

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

lets support our players, from what i heard from friends of mine at wimbledon last week he was given a lot of stick from some of our fans, maybe the same ones who rounded up on ian morris , morons like that are not needed at this club, grow up or go support another team, the players need your support .
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

it's a tough one, and football fans are a fickle bunch.

Even at his best this season, some have been reluctant to give Danny (and Rice, McPhee, Morris...............) a chance or any credit, because of past performances. Forget the past, concentrate on now. It's about time we gave these lads credit, and got behind them. they want the same thing for the club as we do, so hurling abuse at them during a game helps no one. I understand the frustrations, but why people feel the need to boo and jeer during a game beats me, doing that s**t during a game helps nobody. Rant about it after the game if you must, but for 90minutes, get behind everyone in a yellow shirt, whether you like them or not. we're all in this together. COYY
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I limit myself to inwards groaning on these occasions. I did hear some tutting and noticed some wry looks and, dare I say it, the occasional raised eyebrow. If this is mutinous behaviour then so be it! Danny needs to follow these facial expressions to understand the frustration that he causes. ;-)

I didn’t hear any booing and nor would I expect to from the YA who were in good humour and a supportive voice.

Let’s not exaggerate....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

yellow wrote:I limit myself to inwards groaning on these occasions. I did hear some tutting and noticed some wry looks and, dare I say it, the occasional raised eyebrow. If this is mutinous behaviour then so be it! Danny needs to follow these facial expressions to understand the frustration that he causes. ;-)

I didn’t hear any booing and nor would I expect to from the YA who were in good humour and a supportive voice.

Let’s not exaggerate....

i wasn't suggesting there had been boo-ing, i was just responding to previous comments on whether it was acceptable or not.

it does no good, and i think 99% of supporters know that - positive support and encouragement will have a much better effect on any player.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Regiment wrote:

I understand the frustrations, but why people feel the need to boo and jeer during a game beats me, doing that s**t during a game helps nobody.

The gist of my point absolutely.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

ROADRUNNER wrote:lets support our players, from what i heard from friends of mine at wimbledon last week he was given a lot of stick from some of our fans, maybe the same ones who rounded up on ian morris , morons like that are not needed at this club, grow up or go support another team, the players need your support .

quite right!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

rachii12 wrote:
quite right!!!

No it isn't. I was at Wimbledon and nobody anywhere near me was giving Danny any stick.

He played crap and still got a loud round of applause when being replaced.
Dave

Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

ROADRUNNER wrote:lets support our players, from what i heard from friends of mine at wimbledon last week he was given a lot of stick from some of our fans, maybe the same ones who rounded up on ian morris , morons like that are not needed at this club, grow up or go support another team, the players need your support .
Completely untrue. Many fans, including myself, were commenting on how badly he was playing, but no-one was shouting abuse at him. As others have said he was applauded off, which considering his performance shows that our away fan contingent is actually pretty generous rather than moronic.

Also no-one on this thread has suggested giving Danny stick today. We are simply commenting on his form and his role on the pitch, as is our right as fans of the club. I would never shout abuse at one of our players and would not boo an individual off, but I do feel I have the right to criticize our players and our manager. It's called debate and football would be rubbish without it.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

So yeah... we were saying?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Performed today as I know he can. The cherry on the top of his cake performance was his goal.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I, me, was f*cked off when Danny got taken off ! :@
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

And the big difference. Stayed wide and cut in around 18 yard line which he has not been doing of late. Great strike. Tbh I would have taken Nicho off for LRT as I felt their only threat was pace on the counter as it proved. Wouldnt have taken off morris or howe tho. Morris was having one of his best games and looked full of running still, Howe in my opinion would have had composure to keep running ball to the corner and hold it up.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Danny didn't surprise today, because I know he can do it. It's when he doesn't do it I get :-/ :@

From my angle, I was cheering the goal before it went past the six yard box on it's way in to the net.

Wrong decision today to take Danny off. Wrong decision to take Morris off and the wrong decision to take Howe off.

Each decision put us further on the back foot and under pressure when we were on top and putting them under pressure.

In Martin Ling I trust.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

I thought he had a fantastic game today and that was before his goal :goal:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes, well done danny boy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think it's a bit OTT to say he had a fantastic game IMO. Ok he scored and made a couple of dangerous forays into the penalty area but first half his decision to not make any runs inside or past the full back, to 'push on' essentially left those with the ball who had pushed up behind him with no option but to pass to someone else infield or back as they were virtually stood next to Danny as he was that static! Again, not having a pop, he played ok and scored a crucial goal and i applauded him but thats it. Morris had a far more consistent and better game and nobody mentions that after all the stick he has had recently.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.