craig easton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
rumurchap
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

craig easton

Post by rumurchap »

Ex southend and swindon midfielder is training with Torquay this week, unsure if its trial or just keeping up fitness but one to keep a eye on.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wasn't he linked with us before?

He's good and all, but is centre mid really a place that needs improving?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

preparing for next season maybe,better than waiting for a week or two before kickoff like usual....who knows who might be leaving!!!!!
as this season is showing our squad in depth might not be quite good enough....first 11 a match for anybody in this league but 1 or 2 lose a bit of form and were not as effective
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Spot on there. A few more decent squad players and we might have scraped over the line. We still might of course but there is no doubt that the lads are looking totally spent at the minute. Any new additions such as Easton would be welcomed whether it be now or in the summer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

There is no way he can play for us this season is there? Not 100% on the rules but the deadline for signing players has gone? I remember Crawley trying to sign unattached central defenders after they lost many to red cards because of the Bradford brawl - and being told they could not do so.
Is Easton unattached anyway?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

I believe easton can play left mid as well as central so another useful squad addition maybe. I would love to see us sign a proper right winger in the summer. As much as morris tries its apparent that its not his position. Maybe even billy bodin now swindon are up
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Would be a good signing, no matter if we stay or go up. Another experienced head to add to the midfield, something I think we've needed as once you look beyond our starting 11, we are non-league standard.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well rumur chap was spot on with this one ...

Went up to watch the game today, but unfortunately missed the opening 15 minutes and so didn't catch Easton's strike. Thought he looked class on the ball though, kept possession well and certainly had an eye for a pass. That said, I still like the look of Nathan Craig, scored a nice goal with a clean strike form the edge of the box in the first half and then did pretty much the same again in the second half, only for the keeper to get to his effort but spill it into the path of Yeoman who bundled it over the line. Very entertaining game I thought with both sides trying to play decent football.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Eastons goal was a volley from edge of the area, very tidy finish...impressive.

Also thought Macklin had a promising role when he came on.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well after some real stinking rumours back int he summer, rumourchap comes good, that makes me wonder who rumourchap really is hmmm :whistle:
Formerly known as forevertufc
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

He cant tell us otherwise he would have to kill us all lol.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Isn't Lathrope out of contract in the summer? If he is, Mr Ling might be being proactive here. Nice to see him getting on the scoresheet and playing well, apparently the same also for Mr Craig. Good stuff.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

The more experienced lads stood out yesterday. You could certainly tell the men from the boys (mcphee, easton, lrt).

It was the performances of leadbitter, craig, mcdonald and palmer that was most encouraging.

The defence will feel hard done by to concede, never mind 2. First should have been comfortable for rice but went through his hands, second kirtys made a sliding block which took a horrible deflection, looped and rice stranded
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Who made up the Nike academy team, was it just a bunch of young guns without parent clubs??
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.ph ... aig+Easton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Better late than never! :)