Player contracts and moves

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Player contracts and moves

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Which of our players are out of contract in the summer and who do we think may leave Plainmoor for pastures new? I suppose it depends on which league we will be playing in but there may also be players that are still contracted to TUFC that we get offers for, especially given the outstanding season we've had. A few people have mentioned it before that although the financial implications of promotion would stretch things, on the flip side, failure to gain promotion may mean that we shed our stars and pre-season once again becomes another juggling act for Martin.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

All of the current starting XI are under contract for at least another season with the exception of Mark Ellis who is "stalling" and Tai who currently has a one season deal.

I'm sure Alpine Joe will chirp in and correct "Tojan's" inaccuracies, should there be any.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Lathrope is too. The biggest names all have two years left, so we should at least get decent fees for anyone that leaves, and compensation for Ellis and Lathrope should the worst happen.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I would want Lathrope to be given a new deal, especially because of the way he's consistently performed this season. :-D

LRT too. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Lathrope & Ellis are the concerns. Should we not go up I feel both will move on.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

If we remain in league 2, as indeed most of us suspect bobby and eunan get snapped up by league 1 or championship clubs, their inclusion in the tean of the year would hopefully boost their sale price.
we can at least get a decent fee and put the money to good use. then press on next year in the knowledge that lingy has plenty of fingers in plenty of pies
Ellis and lathrope should sign under the reassurance that they are 1st teamers next season
no doubt jarvis will be the first signed up
all looks positive for a healthy looking squad next year
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Exiting plainmoor I would expect to see macklin, mcphee and halpin. With the possibility of maybe leadbitter and palmer out on loan.

Then eunan, tbh I get the impression that a verbal agreement has been reached with reading already.
Not lookin likely to be the figure we would all want tho after second half of year altho tbh the two could be connected. I got feeling from last day of January deal was all but done.

Bobby I think will stay as long as we look to build on what we have.

Ellis is more than likely off to somewhere like coventry city as they have a young exciting squad and will be a cost effective signing in a position they lack quality (family originally from there so follow a bit).

Damon is a tricky one as he enjoys area and is not a player higher division clubs might know as is quietly effective (Michael carrick like). They are likely to have only picked up on him if been to watch eunan or bobby. Although his agent has probably been working hard. I would suggest Damon if was to leave is likely to go to a upper half league 1 side ie Stevenage and preston (next year after re-building).

Through the in door (league dependant) would suggest Jake Robinson as rotation with Stevens, I would expect a centre back if Ellis stays and 2 if he doesnt. Hopefully a right winger if cant get Bodin, Michael bryan would be good has pace and links well in both long and short game (watford youngster, played for bournemouth reserves on trial against us and made LRT look slow. Pretty sure out of contract in summer) and finally a striker would love to see mcleoud rock up here when barnet go down if not then maybe buckle could be forgiven if he gives us Stuart fleetwood. I would say jarvis but not seen him through the middle yet. Either way its imperative we get another striker and importantly one who is able to play in a 451 as this role is different to 442.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

popside_yidlad wrote:
Then eunan, tbh I get the impression that a verbal agreement has been reached with reading already.
Not lookin likely to be the figure we would all want tho after second half of year altho tbh the two could be connected. I got feeling from last day of January deal was all but done.
Not doubting your word Yidlad, however I would be very suprised indeed if Eunan signed for Reading, Eunan has allways come across as a smart young lad with his screwed on in all the right places, he has allways said , he wants to continue to develop and learn his trade, the only way that will happen is if he continues to enjoy first team football, it certainly will not happen playing in reading reserve or 3rd team if they run one, as Eunan O'Kane is no where near being a premiership player.

If Eunan was to sign for Reading he just aswell put his footballing career in a coffin and bury it, as thats pretty much the last we will see of him untill he is released and end's up signing for grim northen shit hole fc.

As said Eunan is a smart lad can't see him wanting to go down that road, if he moves it would be better for him to go a progressive league 1 side , where he can grow as a player and grow with the team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

forevertufc wrote: Not doubting your word Yidlad, however I would be very suprised indeed if Eunan signed for Reading, Eunan has allways come across as a smart young lad with his screwed on in all the right places, he has allways said , he wants to continue to develop and learn his trade, the only way that will happen is if he continues to enjoy first team football, it certainly will not happen playing in reading reserve or 3rd team if they run one, as Eunan O'Kane is no where near being a premiership player.

If Eunan was to sign for Reading he just aswell put his footballing career in a coffin and bury it, as thats pretty much the last we will see of him untill he is released As said Eunan is a smart lad can't see him wanting to go down that road, if he moves it would be better for him to go a progressive league 1 side , where he can grow as a player and grow with the team.

No way will he end up here at the B2NET!! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

forevertufc wrote: Not doubting your word Yidlad, however I would be very suprised indeed if Eunan signed for Reading, Eunan has allways come across as asmart young lad with his screwed on in all the right places, he has allways said , he wants to continue to develop and learn his trade, the only way that will happen is if he continues to enjoy first team football, it certainly will not happen playing in reading reserve or 3rd team if they run one, as Eunan O'Kane is no where near being a premiership player.

If Eunan was to sign for Reading he just aswell put his footballing career in a coffin and bury it, as thats pretty much the last we will see of him untill he is released and end's up signing for grim northen sh*t hole fc.

As said Eunan is a smart lad can't see him wanting to go down that road, if he moves it would be better for him to go an progressive league 1 side , where he can grow as a player and grow with the team.

Reading tend to sign players from lower leagues and then loan out to league 1/upper league 2 teams. Think about all the favours and interest they have given our club since January. Trained at their place numerous times, one of their best prospects on loan, offered Lawson D'ath on loan before other clubs. Ita all too coincidental for me. It could be verbal agreement/first option deal, I just believe some kind of deal has been done. I know for a absolute fact they have watched him 10+ times in last 18 months. If we go up we could sell him then get straight back on loan, deal would suit everyone
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I personaly don't want to get into speculation as to who may or may not be leaving the club, Eunan O'Kane according to most was going In Janaury 2011, summer 2011, and January 2012, he is still with us, and Ellis has been leaving our club since 2009, at the end of the day who know's.

The only player that concern's me is Bobby.O, he has been the very proof of what a difference it makes to a team ahving a top class keeper, and sadly top class keepers do not gow on tree's, he wuold be the only player who the club could struggle to replace, the rest don't concern me.

The likes of Eunan O'Kane and Mark Ellis are more replacable than most think.
Last edited by Dave on 24 Apr 2012, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

popside_yidlad wrote:
Reading tend to sign players from lower leagues and then loan out to league 1/upper league 2 teams. Think about all the favours and interest they have given our club since January. Trained at their place numerous times, one of their best prospects on loan, offered Lawson D'ath on loan before other clubs. Ita all too coincidental for me. It could be verbal agreement/first option deal, I just believe some kind of deal has been done. I know for a absolute fact they have watched him 10+ times in last 18 months. If we go up we could sell him then get straight back on loan, deal would suit everyone
As said Yidlad, not doubting anything you have said, however something important has changed at Reading, they are now a prmiership club with I believe big money backing, they may not need to go down the road of picking young talented lads from the lower leagues any more.

And in Eunans mind going their now, may destroy his career.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

That can only happen if he is left in reserves which is not how they look after youngsters. He would be loaned out and maybe even back to us.
Which is no different to signing for someone at that level except that his parent club is reading.

Their new owners have said they want to build properly by developing academy and operating on a budget not just spending constantly like leicester. A settled environment is a successful environment
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

popside_yidlad wrote:Exiting plainmoor I would expect to see macklin, mcphee and halpin. With the possibility of maybe leadbitter and palmer out on loan.

Bobby I think will stay as long as we look to build on what we have.

Ellis is more than likely off to somewhere like coventry city as they have a young exciting squad and will be a cost effective signing in a position they lack quality (family originally from there so follow a bit).

Damon is a tricky one as he enjoys area and is not a player higher division clubs might know as is quietly effective (Michael carrick like). They are likely to have only picked up on him if been to watch eunan or bobby. Although his agent has probably been working hard. I would suggest Damon if was to leave is likely to go to a upper half league 1 side ie Stevenage and preston (next year after re-building).

Through the in door (league dependant) would suggest Jake Robinson as rotation with Stevens, I would expect a centre back if Ellis stays and 2 if he doesnt. Hopefully a right winger if cant get Bodin, Michael bryan would be good has pace and links well in both long and short game (watford youngster, played for bournemouth reserves on trial against us and made LRT look slow. Pretty sure out of contract in summer) and finally a striker would love to see mcleoud rock up here when barnet go down if not then maybe buckle could be forgiven if he gives us Stuart fleetwood. I would say jarvis but not seen him through the middle yet. Either way its imperative we get another striker and importantly one who is able to play in a 451 as this role is different to 442.
So you'd expect to see Macklin, McPhee, Halpin and Leadbitter all "out of the door" - pretty sure they're all under contract - you really think the club are going to pay up all those contracts? :-/
....aka jmgull.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Leadbitter on loan.
Others offered to clubs on free or nominal fees