CREWE Home game now NOT ALL TICKET

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

CREWE Home game now NOT ALL TICKET

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Tickets not selling that well?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 94,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

lets hope this doesnt backfire
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

strange policy from United.
Not all ticket but the only way to be sure of watching saturday is to buy a ticket in advance??????
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Damned if you do - 2500/3000 buy tickets and turn up

Damned if you don't - queues and the possibility not all can gain entry

Rather the latter financially wise
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

Things could go very wrong with this.... for instance, what happens if you bought a ticket when they initially went on sale and turn up at 2.50 expecting to get in? only to find that someone who'd turned up on the day and paid cash had taken your place inside and the ground was full (yep, very unlikely, but this is Torquay United after all!)....

:red:

IMHO it should've been left all-ticket....
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Seventyseven wrote:Things could go very wrong with this.... for instance, what happens if you bought a ticket when they initially went on sale and turn up at 2.50 expecting to get in? only to find that someone who'd turned up on the day and paid cash had taken your place inside and the ground was full (yep, very unlikely, but this is Torquay United after all!)....

:red:

IMHO it should've been left all-ticket....
Well tickets all ready purchased will be counted and then the space left after this can be sold on the turnstiles on the day. When it says we are full then end of. The ticket will counted as already in the ground and can therfore turn up when they want.

Simple.
TUST member 328
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

great idea, my idea actually!! see earlier thread!

as long as they publicise the fact that the decision has been reversed! so now if we dont match the accrington crowd then its definately the infamous s devon apathy to blame, not the decision to make the game all ticket!

mind you as aussies thread is anything to go by then one defeat and two draws has already put a few floaters off

heres to a full house and three points again at last, three whole games without a 1-0 win is a long long time isnt it??!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Richinns wrote: Well tickets all ready purchased will be counted and then the space left after this can be sold on the turnstiles on the day. When it says we are full then end of. The ticket will counted as already in the ground and can therfore turn up when they want.
yeah the tickets are already all printed so they know exactly how many are left and for which areas, just the pop i understand, so only that amount will be let in, they're still encouraging everyone to buy tickets and i guess the hope things will sell out in advance.

this way it means that we can sell tickets and take cash right up until 3pm, and maybe slightly beyond if the numbers we want to turn up do, by a miracle, turn up!
still keeping the faith
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

This could be because they aren't sure how many Crewe will bring.

I see that it is pay on the gate for away fans so maybe if it's getting close to kick off and Crewe's numbers are low they will open up a section of the away end?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Crewe will bring quite a few with the run they are on. If it is to be the playoffs then they are the one team I would hope to miss.
TUST member 328
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I didnt go to the Southend game becuase i thought it was sold out and wouldnt get in, it seems this was not the case. And i was going to miss this one too as i live in Basingstoke. mmmmm....... seems like there might be tickets then. They need to adopt a strategy one way or another and make it clear, thats all I ask. If ist pay on the door and I arrive late and dont get in thats my fault, but I would at least like it to be made clear.
TUST MEMBER
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

God some people just like to moan for no reason don’t they!

It is very clear - they made Southend all ticket and did not fill the ground. They have reviewed this and come to the correct conclusion that this game should not be all ticket. You can still acquire a ticket if you wish to guarantee entry and if you wish to go on the day - turn up early or risk it. It's not hard to understand is it? The club don't want to throw away money which could be used to help next years playing budget - something we all want to be higher!

Correct decision by the club and the ignorance of those who cannot see this is infuriating!
TUST member 328
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Difficult one. If the club left it all ticket people moan, they change it and now there could be some who get locked out, people will moan. Hmm.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Richinns wrote:God some people just like to moan for no reason don’t they!

It is very clear - they made Southend all ticket and did not fill the ground. They have reviewed this and come to the correct conclusion that this game should not be all ticket. You can still acquire a ticket if you wish to guarantee entry and if you wish to go on the day - turn up early or risk it. It's not hard to understand is it? The club don't want to throw away money which could be used to help next years playing budget - something we all want to be higher!

Correct decision by the club and the ignorance of those who cannot see this is infuriating!
Well said that man, the club have got it spot on! Neil make a phone call, it`s all it takes, you can work out the finance side of it over the phone with Pete on Reception, the club is damned if they do or damned if they don`t with some of what we refer to as fans! No wonder Uncle Mike got so f**ked off with our supporters and wanted out! Also if you have a problem then you need to try to help sort it out and not just sit back and whinge about it, come up with ideas or even pitch in to help, for Gods sake don`t get arsey with the club about it!!!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Spot on. The club made the game all ticket. Not a problem. I am travelling from Chesterfield on the day of the game so want to be sure i can get in therefore i rang the club a few weeks ago and got one sent out. The club have since made the game NOT all ticket but it doesn't matter to me because i've got one. If you want to make sure either way just ring up and buy a bloody ticket! The end.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.