New deal for yeoman

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

New deal for yeoman

Post by clemy1989 »

Good to see ashley yeoman has earnt himself a new deal. Really hope he makes a good fist of it this season. He looked lively when he came on at home to bradford. I presume he will be 3rd choice striker behind rene and jarvis if atieno leaves 4th if not. interesting to see he could also be used in midfield. Hopefully him and nathan craig can break through this season.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Would rather him 4th choice and Jarvis and a new option brought in with Rene top dog. Sorry Atieno - I don't think it has worked out the way we all would have liked.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

link here

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 13,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

All very well giving him a new deal, are we going to use him, if not what is the point, with the best will in the world the club will not get 46 matchs out of Rene Howe, their has been points this season and will be next when Howe is going need resting ( nobody need point out to me , he was banned for 4 matchs over christmas)

Delighted for the lad he has a new deal, but as a fan , I would like to see him and other fringe players used to freshen the odd playing position up every now and again.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Absolutely pointless. Thats Atieno,Yeoman,Jarvis (probably) and Howe however long he stays fit. And Mcphee as back up.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Got us 5th this year! :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Absolutely pointless. Thats Atieno,Yeoman,Jarvis (probably) and Howe however long he stays fit. And Mcphee as back up.
Got a feeling he will be moving on brucie. No harm having Yeoman as 4th choice with the loan system if needed. Not like we have money to burn is it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

I am slightly surprised he's been kept on, 2 sub apps in about 4 years? 20 years old now and when we were chasing a game we sooner put Ellis up there than put Yeoman on.

Stay by my original thoughts, all the youth that are 18+ are a waste of time at the moment.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Well done to Yeoman, nothing like home grown talent.

I'd argue had we been puddling along in mid table the likes of Yeoman and Halpin might have got a better look in last year. But the more succesful we were the more Lingy had to play the tried and trusted to keep us up there.

Bit harsh that statement, anyone over 18+ is currenlty a waste of time.
TUST #324
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

What I mean by it is, those lads of 18+ have been signed on since we brought back our youth and reserve sides. They were the 14 and 15 year olds Plymouth, Exeter and Yeovil didn't want. So the likelihood of them then making it as first team regulars in my opinion is extremely slim. We have seen nothing from Halpin, Yeoman, Palmer and that group (the 18-20 year olds) to suggest even remotely otherwise.

The youth we have now from the 13 year olds up to the current young pro's just getting to 16/17 are the ones that in a few years might actually make the grade.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I would keep Atieno - he will score more goals than Jarvis thats for sure.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Personally I would keep Atieno - he will score more goals than Jarvis thats for sure.
Can we pin this quote from brucie for this time next season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Put it in your signature strip.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Put it in your signature strip.

Matt.
Yeah, Matt keeps his busy boosting his ego. :lol: Joking!!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As opposed to keeping it busy with a joke so ancient, it's mentioned in the Old Testament... :devil:

Matt.

Grammar Nazis/religious extremists - is the capitalisation of 'Old' in Old Testament necessary?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"