Pre-season confirmed.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Pre-season confirmed.

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Official site

Only two games away from Plainmoor, at City and Weston Super-Mare. Is there any reason why we're playing Tiverton at Plainmoor? Usually up at their place isn't it?

Back from holiday on the 5th, just in time for the Stoke game, so hopefully grab a ticket for the Bench and see what it's like!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Why are we playing Exeter in a friendly when we'll have them in the league? Guess it will just be the Youth Team??
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I too find that confusing Alex, we could end up playing them in a friendly, and then in the league just a few weeks later.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I assume from the wording on OS that the new grandstand will still not be open when we play Leeds United. Seems a pity if that is the case as it has potential for a large crowd.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by nicktufc »

The problem, as I believe it to be, is that we are NOT ALLOWED to use the new stand, until such time as all renovation work has been completed INTERNALLY as well as EXTERNALLY. Now the external stuff should all be finished, but rumour has it, Westlands School will not have all of their internal work finished on time, thus stopping TUFC from using the stand. I understand Westlands are hoping to get everything sorted within a couple of weeks of the school holidays, which would tie in perfectly with the date of the Stoke game.

I'll also copy this into the New Grandstand thread, as it probably deserves a place there too.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Alex/Nick, Ling has said that it'll be a game to act as a marker, for both clubs. I can see why, another occasion to use the whole squad and see what players actually look like they'll fit in against our leagues standard.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by nicktufc »

I get that side of it, but both sides are giving away their personnel and tactics they're trying. Why do you think none of the countries in Euro 2012 are playing each other in the build up to the tournament?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not necessarily. Obviously both sides know a fair bit about each other anyway, it'll be a trial game basically. Experiment with new formations and players. I'd imagine we'll have the usual 3/4 triallists at the club too so who knows. Don't think it's a bad idea though.