Torquay United v Morecambe - 4/1/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Torquay United v Morecambe - 4/1/14

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Our first home game of 2014 sees the Lancastrians from the coastal town of Morecambe make the long trek down to Plainmoor although once they have taken their seats they could be forgiven for thinking that the game is supposed to be a 'behind closed doors' friendly. First of all because there will be no frigger there and secondly we are just likely to roll over and be tickled by the shrimps antennae.

They are likely to only fetch about 50 fans and us likewise so the attendance will be 100. If you don't like it board you know what needs to be done.

Morecambe have won 5 on the road and are just 3 points off the play offs on 35 although they lost last time out at York. Wow, they MUST be crap!

Just play with Stockley, Benyon and Chappell up top in a 3, get Lathrope back for Gods sake and stick him in the hole with Mansell and Mozika ahead of him and get at them for bloody hells sake! Just get them mullered and stop messing about!!

I know Morecambe can perhaps call on a few local ish clubs for help with loanees but we also get loanees too so when you look at the fact they have no cash, lower attendances than us and let fans in for free last season in an attempt to drum up interest then compared to us they aren't dissimilar. Apart from the fact that we hardly ever give our fans a really decent offer. Would it really damage the club that much if they let us all in for free for this one. If they just said, "look, this year has been horrendous and it can't get any worse. We needed the cash coming in from the Christmas games so we couldn't do this then but for the Morecambe game everyone is free as a thankyou for all the crap you've been through these past 2 seasons".

Would this really damage us more than Knill is doing already. I think the club should be looking at rewarding us and keeping us on side if they are going with Knill for the long term because crowds are now going to plummet. Have some sympathy board and offer us a token of goodwill.

So anyway, it becomes apparent just how sh*t Knill is when counterpart Jim Bentley is 3 points off the play offs with a limited side. Redshaw is the one to watch but Ellison is a dab hand at this level too with plenty of experience. Amond is also very handy and they have a few others with goals in them.

We're not going to win this, lets face it. They are organised, strong, and committed and have goals in them. We don't.

2-0 to the Shrimps.

Get to Plainmoor if you can blah blah .............oh whatever. Go if you must but don't blame you one bit for not going although I'd say that it's not the future. Garlic bread is the future.

COME ON THE MIGHTY SHRI.................................ER YELLOWS!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Postponed if this weather keeps coming in like its expected to. Which wouldn't be a bad thing really.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That will be another Saturday that feels like a win! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

If postponed we have longer to get knills replacement in
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Dry tomorrow till 5pm
Friday looks showery
Saturday looks dry up to match time

Could be on, hope it is!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This isn't a derby. Its against a team who are facing a 300 mile trip coming off the back of a tough period of games. I don't care how many points off the play offs they are - christ if we don't win this one its definately all over.
Three points required - nothing else will do.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

If Knill is the manager for this game, he has overstayed his welcome too far. Can only see another loss I'm afraid, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, it's just constant darkness. Hate being depressive and moaning about football at the moment, but I'm a bit gutted that I have naff all else to do on Saturday, so will most probably find myself at Plainmoor.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Big game actually isn't it. I must be insane but may well go to this one. We are not as yet tailed off (somehow) and a win here would still see are position as not completely hopeless. Surely Knill will bring Pearce back now. Put O'Connnor at right back. Start with Benyon up front with STockley and drop Hawley.
No point in playing one up front cause we concede two or three goals a game so we have to score some.

Team

Poke

O'connor-Downes-Pearce-Cruise

Bodin-Mansell-MaCourt-Chapple

Benyon-Stockley
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

3-1 win.

Stockley in for Hawley will be the only change
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm with brucie on this one, especially as Knill has now gone. I swore never again....but how many times have we all said that?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Now that Juan has gone, what's the likelihood of Nico coming back into the team?!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I made a posts about Nico which may have offended some people, that was never my intention and apologise to any that did take offence. However the majority of people that go to games regularly were calling for Cruise to replace Nico for a very good reason, Nico has been a good servant to the club, but so what, this a professional football team not a charity.

The reason why most, myself included were calling for Cruise is Nico is past his best and just to slow, personally got fed up game in game out watching every side we play against focus there attacks down the right side, at Nico, knowing full well they would get some joy down that way, so for me Scott no.

I agree with many others are best defence would be O'Connor-Pearce-Downes-Cruise.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Looking forward to this one, it will be my first match back after refusing to attend any more games with Knill as manager. However with dreadful weather forecast in the S.West there is a good chance that it will be rained off. This could be a blessing in disguise as it will give Geoff H. more time to sort things out, & the Board extra time to discuss the way forward & appointing a new manager. I would tell the groundsman not to "try too hard " if I was in charge.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Today's news should be a spur for everybody - every singe one of us - to turn up on Saturday and shout ourselves hoarse in support of our team and our club. The beginning of a new era; let's start as we mean to go on, with a big crowd and a big win.. :-D :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

forevertufc[color=#FF0000] wrote:I made a posts about Nico which may have offended some people, [/color]that was never my intention and apologise to any that did take offence. However the majority of people that go to games regularly were calling for Cruise to replace Nico for a very good reason, Nico has been a good servant to the club, but so what, this a professional football team not a charity.

The reason why most, myself included were calling for Cruise is Nico is past his best and just to slow, personally got fed up game in game out watching every side we play against focus there attacks down the right side, at Nico, knowing full well they would get some joy down that way, so for me Scott no.

I agree with many others are best defence would be O'Connor-Pearce-Downes-Cruise.
Don't worry about it Dave. Most sensible people can work out your opinions are meant with the best of intentions. If they can't then leave it be mate, not worth explaining. :-D