Mansfield Town v Torquay United - 26/4/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Another masterstroke by Knill.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote:It's funny Yeoman's goals per game would have made him top scorer if he had been playing for us and not out on loan and it's possible that we would not have been relegated. It's sure a funny game. :keepie:

I've got to say to the lad well done and I hope you can continue to do the same next season as I for one never thought you would be in the team. :keepie:
Send that on a postcard to CH
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It appears the scenario we had here with Martin Ling has been replicated at Mansfield according to their forum Stagsnet.

They are running a poll on whether fans think manager Paul Cox should be given the boot at the end of the season.

Why you ask? Cox led them back into the football league and will finish mid table this term, safety assured and only a few short weeks ago a play off push was a hope but not an impossibility. How does this deserve the sack I hear you ask?

Well reading between the lines the fans aren't happy with seeing consistently negative football, claiming it is dull, it doesn't help attract new fans and eliciting this condemnation from one member, "decent fast flowing football is what the Mansfield public wants not hoof football".

Mmmm, rings a bell. Defender or midfielder miles away from Rene Howe lumps ball up field? Yes. That was it!

"There has been no entertainment value this season. I'm bored of being bored" states another fan wearily.

Then came the ultimate counter argument............

"Torquay were easy on the eye at times yesterday.............where will they be playing their football next season?"

I made a huge error wanting Ling gone, I can admit that, and although he certainly needed to be a bit more adventurous, I think if it weren't for his illness then we'd still be a league club. Be careful what you wish for Mansfield fans because expecting too much too soon can cost you dear.

We got someone in by the name of Alan Knill who I thought was going to give us the dynamic, end to end, free flowing football YOU are wanting next season and we paid for it with our league status. I certainly made no error wanting Knill gone because not only was he a total clueless failure and his football even worse than Ling's but he signed poorly across the board bar Pearce as opposed to Ling's relative successes and he also couldn't even drill the basics into the team. We were always in disarray. I also didn't like the man, Ling comes across as a genuine bloke - Knill doesn't. So I was right with Knill and don't envisage coming on here in a few years time saying I got it wrong about Knill.

Ling though, well it's done now and I'm just hoping Mansfield fans read this and take stock before it's too late.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.