Mansfield Town v Torquay United - 26/4/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just grabbing some brekky and then it's up to Rotherham to drop the kid off and then back down to Manny! Can't wait for this one now.

Mods. I might be taking a load of photos of today and would like to put them on here if I can but I'm not sure how to do it. It would be great of you could give me some advice that a 5 year old could understand on how to do this as it would be good to get some photos put out there.

Cheers

COME ON!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Good luck to those who go today.

I think it will be all over today and with rumours that players have already been told who will and who will not be here next season, I suspect half the team will not even be that bothered. No change there then.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Just grabbing some brekky and then it's up to Rotherham to drop the kid off and then back down to Manny! Can't wait for this one now.

Mods. I might be taking a load of photos of today and would like to put them on here if I can but I'm not sure how to do it. It would be great of you could give me some advice that a 5 year old could understand on how to do this as it would be good to get some photos put out there.

Cheers

COME ON!!!!!
And then what? Presumably the five year old will explain it to you?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:

That would be most agreeable and close to my wavelength Matt. :Oops:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its going to be all over today one way or another. Northampton look certainties to get a result at Dagenham.
Its incredible that both us and Northampton are favourites with the bookies to win today despite playing away from home.
Been to Mansfield before when we drew 0-0.
Nice little ground. Having watched them play at our place and somwehow fail to beat them ( a reurring theme this season) I thought they would get relegated they were that poor.
Really wouldn't be suprised to see us win again today and be relegated which will be just so galling. Perhaps in a way it will better if we don't win if results go against us.
Got to say that Mansfields ticketing policy is akin to insanity.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote:Its going to be all over today one way or another. Northampton look certainties to get a result at Dagenham.
Its incredible that both us and Northampton are favourites with the bookies to win today despite playing away from home.
Been to Mansfield before when we drew 0-0.
Nice little ground. Having watched them play at our place and somwehow fail to beat them ( a reurring theme this season) I thought they would get relegated they were that poor.
Really wouldn't be suprised to see us win again today and be relegated which will be just so galling. Perhaps in a way it will better if we don't win if results go against us.
Got to say that Mansfields ticketing policy is akin to insanity.
im not so sure brucie.

i have that nagging feeling that it wil go down to the last game.

although, the daggers are probably the best team to play at the moment even though they beat us.

having said that we will either win 3-0 or lose 1-0............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Come on you YELLOWWWWWWS
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:i have that nagging feeling that it wil go down to the last game.
Not bad for a team that was being "welcomed" to the conference in March eh Supes....

:na: :whistle: ;-) :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Rice
Tongue
O'Connor
Pearce
Scargill
Lathrope
Cameron
Manse
Shaq
Bennerz
Yeoman

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Disappointed with Benyons inclusion but fingers crossed anyway.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Well, once again this could be it. To be honest I think the most striking thing is that we're still alive as it looked at once stage like we would be down with weeks to spare. As brucie said, it would be galling to win today and still go down - not that we can have any complaints about where we are over the course of the season. When I went to the Rovers game they looked a different side compared to much of the season, it's such a shame we didn't have Cargill and Coulthirst a bit earlier as I'm sure they would have made all the difference in a few of those narrow defeats. I know things seem bleak behind the scenes but I hope over the summer there will be a bit of a sort out and we might be able to at least be competitive next year, as fans we certainly deserve better than what we've been subjected to over the last few years and it would be nice for someone senior at the club to acknowledge that. Anyway that's for the summer, for now COYY!!!
The original taunton_gull!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

christ on a bike its that bloody idiot whose voice fades away at crucial points again, with DT. wouldve loved steve breed and his no bullshit approach to the squad
still keeping the faith
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

bixieupnorth wrote:christ on a bike its that bloody idiot whose voice fades away at crucial points again, with DT. wouldve loved steve breed and his no bullshit approach to the squad

lol that's something along the lines as what I was thinking,

Gaunt! that's it we're down!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cobblers ahead
still keeping the faith
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

It's nice to see Yeoman get his chance at last, although I can't for the life of me understand why Tonge is still getting in the team given that he has single handedly cost us as many matches as anyone. One of the strange decisions CH has made along with freezing out Chapell who might still be the top scorer?! :-/
The original taunton_gull!!!