Levi Ives - world beater

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Sesimbra wrote:Why is Hargreaves boosting this lad up and advertising it to all when has hasn't even signed a professional contract? It occurs to me that Hargreaves is naïve and is in a learning curve himself.
Don't think you will find he is being boosted up by Hargreaves. I suggest it's more likely that Hargreaves is warning fans that despite offering him a contract, it's more likely that he will get a more lucrative offer from a better club and leave us.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Even more curious then that Hargreaves should to have changed a defence that had kept three clean sheets - I mean playing him in the first teams going to boost his profile.
Better to have kept him under wraps until he had signed the contract surely?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Got a feeling the vultures are circling already and the fact he is only just 17, has been offered a pro contract (even though he has a year of his apprenticeship remaining) and is now a first team player means that any compensation should (hopefully) be greatly increased.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote:Got a feeling the vultures are circling already and the fact he is only just 17, has been offered a pro contract (even though he has a year of his apprenticeship remaining) and is now a first team player means that any compensation should (hopefully) be greatly increased.
May also go some way to convince him that his short term future lies at Plainmoor. Better to be playing first team football in the conference than joining some huge academy elsewhere.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote: May also go some way to convince him that his short term future lies at Plainmoor. Better to be playing first team football in the conference than joining some huge academy elsewhere.
Let's hope so. Short term and long term gain for both Levi and TUFC would be the best outcome.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Hopefully we'll sign him up, if he's good enough then he's good enough, I hope we don't do what we did with Yeoman and give him a start then hardly play him/loan him out to Bideford each season. Sign him up and give him a decent run
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

On the BBC, we're entering talks with Cruise? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28968301
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Well, a discussion. It may be along the lines of "Tom, we have a kid who is far far better than you, but we'd like you to stick around as cover. How does £5 a week suit you?"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

As Hargreaves has said, he wants a squad with two players in each position, all competing for a place regardless of age. I imagine the discussion is based around him not being automatic first choice, and despite his young age, Ives is competing on a level playing field for the first team left-back slot. Take the job, the competition, make the place your own and prove to everyone that you are the best left-back at the club if not in the Conference or bugger off and we'll get a hungrier player in.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

and he nearly left. apparently.

but a new coach has turned him into a hard man.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28981072
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:and he nearly left. apparently.

but a new coach has turned him into a hard man.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28981072
Just read the same article before looking at this site. I'm not sure I realised that Kevin Nancekivell was at the club. He was a key player for Tiverton Town during the 'glory years' under Martyn Rogers in the 90s and got a chance at Plymouth. He didn't make many appearances though and ended back at Tivvy. Seems to have made a living from coaching since he finished playing and Levi seems to rate him.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

hector wrote: Just read the same article before looking at this site. I'm not sure I realised that Kevin Nancekivell was at the club. He was a key player for Tiverton Town during the 'glory years' under Martyn Rogers in the 90s and got a chance at Plymouth. He didn't make many appearances though and ended back at Tivvy. Seems to have made a living from coaching since he finished playing and Levi seems to rate him.
I didn't know we had Nancekevill either, he was great for Tivvy, along with my old PE teacher Phil Everett.
Coacking players between 17 and 21, that must be most of the squad! =D

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Think it's positive what Ives has said about Nancekevill, hopefully he can help some other youngsters push on and develop into first team players.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

RussianGull wrote:Hopefully we'll sign him up, if he's good enough then he's good enough, I hope we don't do what we did with Yeoman and give him a start then hardly play him/loan him out to Bideford each season. Sign him up and give him a decent run
This lad is a different class to all the players we have and Chris knows this. :keepie:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

See that, up there ^^^? Yeah? Take note, because it's absolutely correct.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"