Chris Hargreaves' v Paul Buckle's Conference teams

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

arcadia wrote: Face facts Mansell is a professional and he did the job to the best of his ability and it was better than the other players mentioned. :keepie:
Don't think I said otherwise
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Best right backs I can think of off-hand in my time are Jim McNichol, Paul holmes(1st spell), Andy Gurney, Reuben Hazell. lee Canoville wasnt bad.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

gurneygibbs23 wrote:He was at right back during the promotion to league 2 and the playoff final season under buckle in league 2.
Not quite accurate. We started that season with Robbo at right back with Manse partnering Wroe in midfield. It was only when Robbo partnered Branston at centre back from around February onwards that Manse moved to right back (after Oastler played a couple of times there).
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Hi you guys,what a fantastic start you have had (well take out the first game!)
My contribution would be on Lee Mansell who I was very unsure about when we signed him in the summer but in truth he has been bloody fantastic. Hard in the tackle , a great leader and holds our midfield together. Add in two goals to date and two assists and the ability to get in a goalscoring position and we are well pleased with our new skipper. Have four words to say...Thank you very much!!
Lets hope when we visit you at Christmas we are fighting it out near the top. Should be quite a battle as it is the small teams what are giving us most trouble!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

friendlygas wrote:Hi you guys,what a fantastic start you have had (well take out the first game!)
My contribution would be on Lee Mansell who I was very unsure about when we signed him in the summer but in truth he has been bloody fantastic. Hard in the tackle , a great leader and holds our midfield together. Add in two goals to date and two assists and the ability to get in a goalscoring position and we are well pleased with our new skipper. Have four words to say...Thank you very much!!
Lets hope when we visit you at Christmas we are fighting it out near the top. Should be quite a battle as it is the small teams what are giving us most trouble!!
No worries. We've replaced him with Luke Young ;-)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

friendlygas wrote:Hi you guys,what a fantastic start you have had (well take out the first game!)

Thank you for that although I don't believe you've thanked us properly for Paul Buckle yet.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Manse would suit Rovers to a tee right now. They love payers who give it 100% and haven't had that for a while.

Like him or not, you can't disagree that he always put a shift in. And at this level, you don't necessarily need to be a ball player AND a ball winner.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

you're more than welcome to him FG............

..............as he wouldnt get in our side now..................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Manse had been at Plainmoor for a number of seasons and I think a fresh challenge has been good for him - pleased to hear that he's well liked at Rovers cos he was a good player and captain for us for most of the time he was here. I think even he would admit that by his standards, he had a poor season last season playing in a dysfunctional side with no team spirit. Likewise, Kevin Nicholson our long serving left back and for most of the time a fans favourite, is now at Kidderminster and seems to be doing pretty well there. Good luck to both of them.

As others have mentioned, Hargreaves has brought in two young midfield players and they are doing a pretty damn good job so far so we've no complaints, but your thanks are welcome. However, as Dave P has pointed out, we don't remember any thanks from you when Buckle came your way ........ :na:
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Mind you Tomo, McGhee and Ward didnt exactly set the Mem on fire either (figuratively speaking).

Personally speaking, I would have liked to see a Mansell/Young pairing in the middle as I think they would complement each other well...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He's **** shit at free kicks, that keeper. Done the same there as against us, not moved until it's past him. Proper bobbins.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:He's f**king sh*t at free kicks, that keeper. Done the same there as against us, not moved until it's past him. Proper bobbins.

Matt.
Matt. that's a comment that shows either you didn't look at the video properly. didn't see that same video as us. or are jealous. Mansells free kick was clinical. direct and being just inside the post about 18" below the bar could not be reached by the goalkeeper. If we had scored with a kick like that you would have been crowing. Come on. Lee gave us 7 years service. I know a lot of the last 2 seasons he wasn't at his best and even he was big enough to admit it. but he also admitted he couldn't cope with what was going on in the dressing room. even to the point know one knew where they stood and what Knill was trying to do. That free kick couldn't have been bettered by anyone in our team. Even if the keeper had moved he would have had a job to get that far over. The defense had more questions to answer as to why they let that past them.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's, eerm, bollocks. I laughed my arse off when I saw the video of the Youngy effort. The ball was half way to the goal before he took a half step the wrong way on that occasion. He's done the same here. Manse's kick is perfectly decent, but the ball is very nearly at the 6-yard line before he even acknowledges that the kick has been taken. He might not have got there, but he could have made a much better fist of it if he wasn't utterly, utterly hopeless at dealing with anything from distance.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Am I right in thinking that Hargreaves' squad is bigger than Buckle's?