Torquay v Grimsby Highlights

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay v Grimsby Highlights

Post by Dutchgull »

Did the third go completely over the line ????

Not conclusive for me.

Hacked off at the Grimsby players celebrating their second goal ....ossers !
lesgtfc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: n/a

Post by lesgtfc »

Dutchgull wrote:

Did the third go completely over the line ????

Not conclusive for me.

Hacked off at the Grimsby players celebrating their second goal ....ossers !
It was definitely over the line. Just watch the reaction of your 2 players nearest to it. They knew it was in and would surely have protested to the ref/lino rather than just walking away with their heads down.

And our celebration of our 2nd goal was maybe in response to your players goading our fans after your 1st equaliser.
Last edited by lesgtfc on 21 Oct 2014, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Everyone's reaction suggests it was probably over the line. Not so sure Downes shouldn't have just stuck the ball into row z for goal two. Probably thought his keeper was coming to gather, in mitigation.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

When Rice stands up, it looks like he is some way in front of the line. However, the celebration of GTFC players was instant and there wasn't much complaint from the Tqy players. It's a sham they don't put that camera that is in the Ellacombe End net, in the Babbacombe End as well, for more conclusive proof.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

lesgtfc wrote: It was definitely over the line. Just watch the reaction of your 2 players nearest to it. They knew it was in and would surely have protested to the ref/lino rather than just walking away with their heads down.

And our celebration of our 2nd goal was maybe in response to your players goading our fans after your 1st equaliser.

If we did react just think of how many cards the ref would have handed out to us, We have far too many already !

As for our players goading your fans how about the various gestures and noise that your guys threw at them ! Courtney Richards looks to have made a gesture. Naughty boy but it was was nothing compared to your guys in front of the popside. Try that at Milwall !!
lesgtfc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lesgtfc »

Dutchgull wrote:
If we did react just think of how many cards the ref would have handed out to us, We have far too many already !

As for our players goading your fans how about the various gestures and noise that your guys threw at them ! Courtney Richards looks to have made a gesture. Naughty boy but it was was nothing compared to your guys in front of the popside. Try that at Milwall !!
Oh, come on. Are you saying they didn't protest because they were scared of getting booked!!! If they thought the ball wasn't over the line it's human nature you'd protest more than just walking away with your head down, and it was the scorer of your first goal who was given our fans the finger. I agree if you give stick out you should expect to get a bit back but to complain about our players celebrating when your players had done something very similar only a couple of minutes earlier is a bit rich.

I agree that you should have been out of sight before we scored but I think that you need to take those yellow tinted glasses off.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh dear - it truly was a horror show by Rice. To suggest that Downes was in some way culpable for the second goal is nonsensical.
Rice comes and then hesitates - had he not done so he would have got the ball. As for the third one - god knows what he was doing.
As well as tossing away another three points the worry seems to be that the defenders have no confidence in their keeper either. After the second goal Cruise appears to look daggers at Rice and after the winning goal Cruise appears to mouth something at him.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

"If we did react just think of how many cards the ref would have handed out to us, We have far too many already !"

Tongue in cheek Les hence the exclamation mark !!!
Courtney Richards put his arm up and he looks a bit different from Luke Young who scored !!

From the camera angle you cannot say that it crossed the lane and from my view at the other end of the ground in Bristows Bench I could not tell either but I assume you were in the away end then you had a closer view with your shades than I.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dutchgull wrote:"If we did react just think of how many cards the ref would have handed out to us, We have far too many already !"

Tongue in cheek Les hence the exclamation mark !!!
Courtney Richards put his arm up and he looks a bit different from Luke Young who scored !!

From the camera angle you cannot say that it crossed the lane and from my view at the other end of the ground in Bristows Bench I could not tell either but I assume you were in the away end then you had a closer view with your shades than I.
Wish it had crossed the lane, it definitely wouldn't have gone in.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair, as I said to Les after the game Saturday, there were no shouts of protest from any Torquay fan in the section on the pop where I stand regards the 3rd goal, in fact most excepted the ball had gone over the line, there were many clues.

Reaction of the Grimsby fans, lack of protest from any Torquay player, no hesitation from the linesman, and the biggest clue of the lot, the reaction of Martin Rice.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lesgtfc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lesgtfc »

At the end of the day though, it doesn't really matter if the whole ball was over the line or not. The "goal" was given end of.

See you all next season in League 2. :~D
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Cheers Les !

You may be but will need a miracle !!
:-/ :-/ :-/
lesgtfc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lesgtfc »

Dutchgull wrote:Cheers Les !

You may be but will need a miracle !!
:-/ :-/ :-/
You're a very good side. On another day the result could have been completely different. You were the best team I've seen at Blundell Park this season by a long way when you turned us over a couple of months ago, so if you can get a decent keeper I'm sure you'll be up there at the business end of the season. (And NO, McKeown isn't for sale)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

O.k then we will have him on a "free" !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Dutchgull wrote:

I would also suggest that Grimsby's celebration for their second goal was in response to the way Luke Young reacted to his strike in the reverse fixture last month at Blundell Park. Swings and roundabouts.