New Striker. Krystian Pearce.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

New Striker. Krystian Pearce.

Post by portugull »

I feel very sorry for Krystian who was our Player of the Season last season.

He is a good professional who was very patient for a long time when he could not get back into the team following his pre season injury.

In my opinion he is a league 1 player and although he played poorly at Alfreton remember he had played very little this season.

At his first club Birmingham City he was a striker but was then converted age 16 to a defender.

Given Bowmans poor form and at times poor attitude I suggest Chris Hargreaves gambles on playing Pearce as a striker at Kidderminster.

I also suggest he plays Levi Ives at left back and even considers putting Liam Prynn on the bench.

The old saying about if you are good enough you are old enough is very true but only Chris Hargreaves knows if he can risk these youngsters.

To play Pearce as a striker may not be a risk because he is good in the air and at 6 foot 2 he is a real physical presence and far more experienced than Duane Acheampong.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

too much sun again portugull.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Not such a bad idea but Pearce needs to get some practice in as a striker first. Whatever position he plays, it's madness to keep a player like him out of the team, certainly at a time when changes are essential to stop the rot and return to winning ways. And youngsters such as Ives and Prynn should also be given their chance; if they're good enough they're old enough.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

portugull wrote:I feel very sorry for Krystian who was our Player of the Season last season.

He is a good professional who was very patient for a long time when he could not get back into the team following his pre season injury.

In my opinion he is a league 1 player and although he played poorly at Alfreton remember he had played very little this season.

At his first club Birmingham City he was a striker but was then converted age 16 to a defender.

Given Bowmans poor form and at times poor attitude I suggest Chris Hargreaves gambles on playing Pearce as a striker at Kidderminster.

I also suggest he plays Levi Ives at left back and even considers putting Liam Prynn on the bench.

Good shout :goodpost: :keepie: :keepie:

The old saying about if you are good enough you are old enough is very true but only Chris Hargreaves knows if he can risk these youngsters.

To play Pearce as a striker may not be a risk because he is good in the air and at 6 foot 2 he is a real physical presence and far more experienced than Duane Acheampong.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I agree that Pearce should be playing - but he should be back in defence in place of Downes. It's his best position and he's the best player we have in that position. I could understand keeping the partnership of Downes/MacDonald when we weren't conceding, but now we are CH would be justified in restoring Pearce. His performance at Alfreton was poor but he wasn't helped by playing alongside Richards. From what I gather he had a poor from other threads is that he had a attitude at HT during the Aldershot match, but I still think he should be in the team. There's no point keeping him, given his likely large wages and the fact we could command a small fee for his services, to then leave him on the bench.

CH needs to decide to play him, or let him move on and use his wages on one or two other players.

I do agree that Bowman needs dropping on current form, he's been ineffectual of late and I think we would be better suited playing Briscoe up top alongside Duane. Hopefully Bowman would then be able to act as an impact sub and it might make him get his game back in gear.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

leetufc wrote:I agree that Pearce should be playing - but he should be back in defence in place of Downes. It's his best position and he's the best player we have in that position. I could understand keeping the partnership of Downes/MacDonald when we weren't conceding, but now we are CH would be justified in restoring Pearce. His performance at Alfreton was poor but he wasn't helped by playing alongside Richards. From what I gather he had a poor from other threads is that he had a attitude at HT during the Aldershot match, but I still think he should be in the team. There's no point keeping him, given his likely large wages and the fact we could command a small fee for his services, to then leave him on the bench.

CH needs to decide to play him, or let him move on and use his wages on one or two other players.

I do agree that Bowman needs dropping on current form, he's been ineffectual of late and I think we would be better suited playing Briscoe up top alongside Duane. Hopefully Bowman would then be able to act as an impact sub and it might make him get his game back in gear.
:goodpost:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

portugull wrote:I feel very sorry for Krystian who was our Player of the Season last season.

Is it stupid season I know we are in a bit of bad form but when you start trying to put square pegs into round holes as we know with the farce at alfreton and Richards.
Also Prynn for the bench ??? How does scoring 12 goals against 16 and 17 year olds and poor youth teams in the early rounds of the youth cup give him enough experience to mix it with the big boys. It's a huge step up as all of the younger lads are experiencing and the next step for Prynn will be a loan move to a southern premier team to see if he can score in that division.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Is it stupid season I know we are in a bit of bad form but when you start trying to put square pegs into round holes as we know with the farce at alfreton and Richards.
Also Prynn for the bench ??? How does scoring 12 goals against 16 and 17 year olds and poor youth teams in the early rounds of the youth cup give him enough experience to mix it with the big boys. It's a huge step up as all of the younger lads are experiencing and the next step for Prynn will be a loan move to a southern premier team to see if he can score in that division.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Super I think you are overlooking that Aston Villa were prepared to pay £50,000 for the lad. That suggests to me that his potential is better than you think. I did add in my post the caveat that only Chris Hargreaves knows if Prynn is ready.

Going back to Pearce he has to play. He is without doubt in the top 3 of the whole squad so to continue to leave him on the bench when we are conceding so many goals makes no sense.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

portugull wrote:Super I think you are overlooking that Aston Villa were prepared to pay £50,000 for the lad. That suggests to me that his potential is better than you think. I did add in my post the caveat that only Chris Hargreaves knows if Prynn is ready.

Going back to Pearce he has to play. He is without doubt in the top 3 of the whole squad so to continue to leave him on the bench when we are conceding so many goals makes no sense.
I have seen Prynne play more than most on here and I go to most youth games and I can assure you that the difference between the youth team and the first tam is a huge gap Daniel Sullivan scored more goals in his last year as an apprentice than Liam Prynne could dream of but its a different beast once they have to make that step up as Daniel Sullivan is finding out now. The 50k compensation that you refer to is exactly that compensation for the hours that Torquay have invested in his development. The sum is also set under the premier league regulations and is not negotiable.
also as you state its purely for potential and potential doesn't mean that your ready to be thrown into the first team, lots and lots of players are signed by clubs because they have potential but a tiny fraction of those players actually fulfil that potential. Time will tell who will be correct whether it be myself or you and neither of us have a crystal ball but I really don't see Chris Hargreaves putting Liam in anytime soon.

I agree with you about pearce he was a fantastic player last year and its unfortunate that this scenario has come about but I think the manager saw some good things earlier in the year when pearce was injured and we were keeping clean sheets so he has decided to keep the faith with the other two players but that's football and he will just have to wait to an opportunity comes up to regain his place.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Disagree about putting Pearce up front we have 4 strikers on the books + Sully. If you're going to think about putting Pearce up front then surely you must think about starting Yeoman up top?

Pearce was awful at Alfreton, the whole team was - management included, it was embarrassing, made worse by the fact it was being shown on live TV. For me, Pearce did nothing in that match, and if he doesn't want to get off the bench and train then there's no place for him at Torquay thank you very much. We're in a bit of a rut at the minute, those players who declined to warm up at half time shouldn't be offered the opportunity to start.

We can't be doing with the negativity, look what it did to us with Knill and co last season. Positivity, willingness to train, fear for your starting place and sheer effort will stop the rot. That stands as much for us fans as for the team.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

You're right about one thing; Pearce has to play. However you don't have to go as mad as playing him upfront, he should play instead of the frustratingly poor Dale Tonge.

Dale is not very good at defending, not very quick, has awful distribution and gives little going forward. Macdonald is bigger, quicker, stronger, a better defender and, as those who have seen him regularly this season will know, has better passing ability. Obviously macdonald may prefer to play CB, but him shifting across to RB allows us to play our three best defenders whilst losing NOTHING at full back.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Supergulls I respect your post and I completely agree it is a huge step up.

However I saw Levi Ives make his debut against Aldershot earlier this season and he did not let the team down one bit.

He was clearly fouled for the Aldershot equaliser but the referee did not blow for a foul.

Each season at all levels young players make their debut and some go on to have long careers. This season gives Chris Hargreaves the chance to blood two or three players given the poor performance and attitude of a few of the more experienced players.

Football is full of surprises and given our budget surely we should give the youngsters a try if CH thinks they are ready. He himself played Football League at 17.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Kit-Robin I completely agree with you.

The trouble is CH seems determined to play Dale Tonge.

If Pearce is on the bench again on Saturday I will really start to have my doubts about Chris Hargreaves. Having said that he knows what goes on behind the scenes and I do not!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

portugull wrote:Kit-Robin I completely agree with you.

The trouble is CH seems determined to play Dale Tonge.

If Pearce is on the bench again on Saturday I will really start to have my doubts about Chris Hargreaves. Having said that he knows what goes on behind the scenes and I do not!

Drop Bowman and bring back Benyon.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: